IGNORED

The Golf Fix - Anyone see this new show?

U345387
Note: This thread is 5558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw the first episode of the Golf Fix with Michael Breed last night on the Golf Channel.

I was disappointed. It seemed very rushed and tried to cover too many topics without going into any depth on any of them. It felt like golf instruction "speed dating". I didn't really learn anything new and the lessons were the basic "instructor speak" you find in any golf magazine. He seems like a good natured guy though, just a bad format.

I guess I should not be surprised but I long for the days of Academy Live with Peter Kessler.

Yeah I saw that and have it on PVR...
I will watch again... but it does seem really rushed.
I did pick up the putting thing about the two balls. That was the best lesson for me.
I recored all the Golf Instructions like the Tee It Up With Tiger and Tiger and AK
it really helps to go back and watch through some of them...

but yes the show was rush, but what can you cover in 30mins with commerical...
anyways hopefully the show continues because I enjoy it and reenforce your knowledge
TaylorMade R9 460 TP 10.5 Moto F1 Stiff
TaylorMade R9 3 wood 15* Regular
Nike Sumo 4 Hybrid
Titleist 735 5-P
Titleist Spin Mill 52, 56, 64Taylormade Monza SpiderTitleist Pro V1Taylormade TP-RedThis Space for Rent...

I meant to record it but forgot. I'm sure some re-runs will be on...

In one of the commercials that was advertising the show, they said something about it being quick or fast or not wasting your time.. something along those lines. Oh well...

I saw the first episode of the Golf Fix with Michael Breed last night on the Golf Channel.

Very well said!!!!!!

You nailed that one right down the middle. While I found it enjoyable....it did jump around all over the place.....quick little "one point lessons" and then on to the next aspect. Jim McMahon clearly stated that he's had 18 surgeries and much trouble with his shoulders and that he's scheduled for more surgery in weeks.....Breed just kept on ratcheting him into a fuller turn....ouch. I'm sure they had time to discuss this stuff ahead and work out a game plan prior....but if Breed dispenses that on-the-fly diagnosis to all then there will be trouble. For instance....I dearly want to get a couple of lessons in the near future (if my knee will allow me to do so) but I have some oddeties to my set up due to specific injuries and subsequent pain. I've learned to work around them. I'll be upfront with the swing coach about them....but I need him to work within my limitations. Watching Breed pull and tug on Jim last night made me cringe. Hopefully he will slow down a bit and illustrate his teachings more. I enjoyed the celebrity appearances, though, and hope this continues. Samuel Jackson is the greatest....glad they aired the segment with him.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Breed said at the very beginning of the show that he was nervous because it was a live show. Sure, it could have been better and I'm hoping it will be, because I'm tired of P90X, the Trikke, Tiger week, Top 10 best shots of '08, etc.

Breed said at the very beginning of the show that he was nervous because it was a live show. Sure, it could have been better and I'm hoping it will be, because I'm tired of P90X, the Trikke, Tiger week, Top 10 best shots of '08, etc.

I agree....it was loads better than those shows. It was fresh....can't beat Bay Hill for a venue, either.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Have to admit, I was disappointed. I'll watch again in the hopes that it improves though.

Hopefully Breed will get more comfortable in the role.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Better, yes... but still shallow in content. 15 and 30 second fixes are sort of like those one page swing tips in all the magazines -- not sure of the value.

I hope it grows into a better show. Right now there is too much show buisiness and jumping around. My fingers are crossed in hope of it getting better. It could be a cultural thing. The younger generation gets information quickly in text messages and videos without a lot of in depth underlying basis. I guess this is hip hop golf lessons combined with fast paced condensed information.

RC

I only caught the last 15 mins of the show when he started taking phone calls (or maybe he was doing that all night, I don't know) but I found it fast as well, but I think that's the premise behind the show. I think I too will watch it with the hopes that it gets better.

I would like them to go back to the Golf Channel Academy Live. I enjoyed those shows and I think that people might learn more from that type of show than this one.

I get the sense that The Golf Fix is geared toward the younger golfers that are able to pick up on some drills and learn things quickly.

Will be interesting to see how long the show lasts.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Great show to pick up a tip here or there, but you really need a second pair of eyes to point out what your doing wrong so you can correct it. I like the concept of work with what you got and polish it rather than say this is how it has to be done like it or lump it ..... its great for entertainment though on those boring rainy days when you can be out at the range haha
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

Better, yes... but still shallow in content. 15 and 30 second fixes are sort of like those one page swing tips in all the magazines -- not sure of the value.

Man, i am 16, and it was rushed for me.. I really didnt like it. Too fast, too little content. I will stick to playing lessons from the pro's :)

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Glad I DVR'd. Very disappointed in it. Rushed, ideas not really expressed as clearly as should be. Poor McMahon, hooking or pulling (it was dark) the heck out of the ball while the host is looking at the camera. The first few "peeks" at Samuel L. were pretty worthless. I'll give it another try, because it was the first show and may need to grow into the format. The bunker (I like calling them sand traps, by the way, host's opinion to the contrary) advice was really hurried, if someone who really wanted help got enough out of that to go out and meaningfully practice a sand shot, I'd be surprised. Didn't discuss stance, aim, pretty much anything except "open the face and move sand onto the green". He sure means well and I do hope they work on it, because it could be good, maybe a little more time on a few things instead of a little time on a lot of things.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

I too was looking forward to this show but was somewhat let down. However, I think the show has potential. My take is that they should not break away to other stars at random times, such as the Samuel L Jackson bit. I thought that was a distraction. Further, I didn't like how the Samuel L Jackson portion was broken into about three segments and we were "teased" for the next segment. Show the whole thing at once, perhaps we will get more from it.

I also think we spent too much time with Jim McMahon. I didn't take much from that either. I'll echo the sentiments expressed above that the putting tip with the two balls was about the only real tip I pulled from the entire episode.

The nice thing about the show is it is only 30 minutes, so if there are any more disappointments I won't feel the way I did after watching Al Capone's Vaults. I still have a grude over watching that crap and that was 25 years ago or so.

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

I actually liked the show. Usually what I'll try to do is take all of the tips from golf show on GC and write them down. Then later I put the "Driving" hints into a separate notepad, as well as "Fairway", "Short Game", and "Putting". I'll do the same thing with courses. I'll write down the ideal place to aim off the tee, and also where to try and aim my approach shot at.

I know, I'm a geek.

I didn't like it.

The guy comes across as a fake fast talking salesman on ecstasy. He's way too high energy and just flat out annoying.

Playing lessons from the Pros is much better.

Golf is a game in which the ball always lies poorly and the player always lies well.

It seemed like an ok show, but it still can't beat the golf channel's best show, The Turn. I love this show, espically because i know Dr. Bob, and it is interesting to see him do different variations to lessons that he has already taught me lol....and yes, his hair is really that amazing in person, he works on it for 30 mins every day.

Note: This thread is 5558 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!