IGNORED

Clearwater Florida

SasQuatch<3
Note: This thread is 5530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Me and my buddy are going out for a trip down to Florida in a couple of weeks, specifically Clearwater. What are some good courses to play around there? I was thinking maybe a little on the less expensive side but any price will do to play since im stuck in about 2 feet of snow here in the northeast!

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Lansbrook in Palm Harbor is reasonable. Skinny fairways, water around every par 3 and quite a bit of wildlife living on the course.

As an added bonus the cart girls seem to put in a full day.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tarpon Woods was pretty reasonable last time I played, palm harbor 20 minutes
Lansbrook is alright, palm harbor 20 minutes
Silver Dollar not a far drive is very reasonable after 3 ($15) and wide open on a good amount of holes, also has a 595 par 5. Odessa 30 minutes

if you want real reasonable try Magnolia Valley in New Port Richey , it's in pretty good shape right now. 30 minutes

Dunedin Country Club (it's public) is pretty cool, used to be the home of the PGA in the 50's or 60's, decent golf course also. 20 minutes

Beacon Woods in Hudson , good course for the money. 45 minutes

also look at "The Dunes" about a 1:15 hr drive or so from clearwater, pretty reasonable, awesome course, super fast greens....vast waste bunkers on almost every hole....tough.

I have played most of the courses in Clearwater, overpriced for what you get in my opinion

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I played a few there a couple of summers ago. Real cheap courses. One called ChiChi Rodriguez, cheap, not real busy, no driving range, but decent course. I think it was a Par 68 or 69. Another one is Clearwater CC. It is a CC but was open to the public as of July '06. Read the grain down in Florida.

Driver: TaylorMade r7 460 / 11.5 degrees
Irons: Titleist 822 OS (4, 5, 6)  Titleist 962 (7, 8, 9, P, G)
Putter: Tear Drop
Ball: Precept Laddie
Wedges: Golfsmith Snake Eyes 56 degrees / 60 degrees

18 Hole Low:  67   /  9 Hole Low:  31

Thanks guys ya ill look into all of these and see what ones look the best! Im willing to pay but ill also expect a good course if im gunna pay a lot! But im not complaining i havent played golf up here in the northeast since November :[

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

I played the Silver Dollar a few years ago ,it was pretty nice ,also it seems like it had 3 nine hole courses and you could combine your choice to make 18.

Driver:TaylorMadeR7Draw
3-Wood:TaylorMadeR7Draw
3-Hybrid:TaylorMadeR7Draw
4-Hybrid:TaylorMadeR7Draw
Irons:5-pw Cobra SS-iWedges:Cobra 50deg./Cleveland CG14 56deg.Putter:Odyssey WhiteHot

I've played a couple of courses in that general area.

TPC Tampa Bay is a public TPC course in Lutz, FL. It's nice; they used to (and maybe still do) play the Outback Senior Tour event there. But this time of year? Price is probably $200 per round or more. It's nice....but not that nice (in my opinion). I played it in the summer when it was like $90.

Other course that I've played is Bardmoor. It's technically in Largo but Clearwater isn't that far away. It's a pretty nice course; I played it twice and I liked it. It's probably less than $100.

Pretty much any course in Florida, you're going to pay this time of year. But have fun!

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Note: This thread is 5530 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!