IGNORED

The ULTIMATE golf wager

DrivingRangeJunkie
Note: This thread is 5524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ultimate wager! Slap Bet!! No rings. Whoever wins gets to slap the other person as hard as they can in the face.
Driver 983k 9.5°
3 Wood 906f2 15°
5 wood 906f2 18°
Irons 735 3-pw S300, Golf Pride Tour Velvet cord
Wedges Spin Milled 53°, Spin Milled 59°Putter Studio Select Newport 2Goals for '10:1. Get down to scratch or better

Ultimate wager! Slap Bet!! No rings. Whoever wins gets to slap the other person as hard as they can in the face.

+1

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

Indeed, it does sound as if I am trying to take advantage of him, but thats only if I even put a car on the table as the wager. I am, as any golfer would, looking forward more to the round than the what we will be playing for. When the time comes, I will ask what we will be playing for. And I will not mention a car. I know in my first post I stated that I should win a car, but this came more out of sarcasm than true rational.

No offense, and I could be completely wrong, but aren't you the guy that was asking what to do the first time out to the golf course? If so I wouldn't advise any betting.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Well here is my story of what happened last weekend.

Saturday
At approximately 4 pm we headed for the course. The weather wasn't too bad, except for a bit of wind. I was relatively calm, because I assumed we would hit the range for a bit to warm up. WRONG. My uncle wanted to play 9 holes, and the course did not have a 9 hole rate. My uncle ended up paying the full 18 hole rate and it was a race against time to play as many holes as possible to get our money's worth. (approx $40 per person, and there were 4 of us) I teed off first at the first tee with driver. I tried to fight my nerves and hit a good shot. I ended up hooking left into a fairway bunker. The rest of the holes were nightmares. I could not get clean contact on any club. It was atrocious golf. So much for a first impression.

Sunday
We decided to play another 9 holes at another course with a 9 hole rate. We did not rush through each hole like we did the day before, and this time, I was determined not to go out like a hacker. I decided to play smart and not use my driver at all since I could not keep driver shots in play on saturday. I pulled out my 4 wood on the first tee, I swung and barely nicked the ball off the tee, sending it a mere 20 feet left. I get a mulligan and hit a high draw that drew too much and ended up out of bounds. I got a drop. And here I told myself that if there was anytime to redeem myself, this was it. I was approx 150 yards from the green, with a 6 iron in hand. I swung and hit the crispest, purest shot I could ever hope for. The ball flew straight as an arrow and landed on the green, and ended up bouncing off and onto the rough behind it. But I did not care. It was a beautiful shot. I ended up bogeying that hole. I hit about 5 or 6 of the fairways that day, and my scorecard consisted mostly of bogeys and 2 pars. A HUGE improvement from the day before, and I proved to my uncle that I was way better than he thought after the previous day's atrocious play.

From the post, there was definitely no “keeping score” going on. One nice thing about betting on our game is that it often encourages actually playing golf (by the rules that is). So, we never completed the first hole, then -

From the post, there was definitely no “keeping score” going on. One nice thing about betting on our game is that it often encourages actually playing golf (by the rules that is). So, we never completed the first hole, then -

What do you mean no keeping score? I kept my scorecard with me and scored each hole. I ended up about 11 over (off the top of my head)

i once bet my uncle to let me drive his car the entire week i visited him, provided i beat him the first time we went out. i beat him by a few strokes and i drove his chrysler 300c for 5days straight. the other two he gave me a real treat and let me drive his crossfire. we normally bet on who buys the next round of golf or who buys lunch in between rounds. you should propse the car idea to him haha, it might work out in your favor.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

Note: This thread is 5524 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!