IGNORED

Best Inventions Ever

Note: This thread is 3905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm wondering what you think the best golf inventions/innovations have been in the past 100 years.

My choices are:
1. Steel shaft (they used to play with wooden shafts!)
2. Metal/titanium woods
3. The newer 3 and 4 piece balls
4. Double strap "backpack" style golf bags
5. the sand wedge

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Gotta agree with #4. That innovation changed my world for some reason.

- Tour Issue Taylormade R7 Superquad TP Matrix Ozik Xcon 5 X-stiff
- Nike Dymo 3 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff
- Nike Dymo 5 Wood UST Axivcore Stiff- Nike Blades 3-PW S300- Nike SV Tour 50* 54* 58* S400- Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Beach- Nike Tour D

Golf tee.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

ProTracer! ... and TrackMan.

http://protracer.se/gallery

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

definetly the carry bag with backpack strap, or maybe the titanium driver and graphite shaft combo

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

One of the best, is rubber or basically any non-leather grip. I've never played with a leather grip, but I can't imagine keeping up with those.

Gotta agree with #4. That innovation changed my world for some reason.

As a caddy, I wholeheartedly agree...

Centsports: bet real money on sports for free! you get .10 to start, and can't lose!

http://www.centsports.com/?opcode=375321

Currently in the bag:Driver: Callaway ft-iq 10*Irons: Callaway big bertha 3-PWWedge: Callaway x-forged Chrome 56*Putter: Odyssey White Hot SabertoothBall: Callaway HX...

Cart Girl
lawn mower
sprinklers
improved drainage systems
golf ball technological advancements
golf club technological advancements

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

different material golf shirts.

i mean it wasn't ground breaking but the fact that wearing cotton clothing (increasing sweating) in the past and now you have the option to wear dri-fit clothing, makes it much more easier to play (especially in the summer heat)

ummmmm....golf?

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

different material golf shirts.

Yes, the world has rediscovered polyester and it still smells.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

ummmmm....golf?

Golf is more than 100 years old, which is in the origional post.

I think the following "inventions/inovations" have had the greatest impact on golf in the past 100 years. Oddly most of them have come in the last 15 years. Driver heads over 400cc GPS devices Nike Golf - Not a huge fan of Nike golf equipment, but they have definitely changed the face of golf and of innovation. the multi layer ball Caddyshack

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

Indisputably the UroClub.

hahaha that is very funny and has a very very clever slogan

Burner 9.5 '09/905R 9.5 V2 HL
906F2 15 75g NV Stiff
735 3 - PW S300
MP R 52.07, 58.12 S300
Original Karsten B60 Hoofer 2

Note: This thread is 3905 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!