IGNORED

Ryan Moore--he is now his own man--no endorsements

PEZGolf
Note: This thread is 3390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So Ryan has decided to not have a logo shirt, cap, or golf bag. Good for him! I remember when Payne Stewart let some of his endorsement contracts expire, and bought his own shirts and golf bag. He wanted to be free of taking orders from the sponsoring companies.

Ryan said he did this so he can be completely focused on playing golf as well as he can.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

• Administrator

And perhaps because nobody wanted to sponsor him.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I wouldn't want to sponsor him with that ugly hat he wears either, but that is just me.

In The Bag:
905R UST V2 Stiff
906F2 UST V2 Stiff
3DX dc 17* Stiff
2300 IM 4-PW Stiff CG 12 Black Pearl 52*, 56*, 60* C67 Pro V1x

I suspect that Ryan Moore has got a good sense of humor. He looks hilarious in his golf attire, and I think he knows this.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I suspect that Ryan Moore has got a good sense of humor. He looks hilarious in his golf attire, and I think he knows this.

I agree with you. Personally, the Tour can always use some real characters, like him, Ian Poulter, Boo Weekley, Jasper Parnevik, etc. Some people can really play the game, and be entertaining at the same time. Over the years, the following have done that (Thank God): Walter Hagen, Jimmy Demaret (ever see his clothes? he even loosened up Ben Hogan, who liked him), Chi Chi, Lee Trevino, Fuz, Payne Stewart (some liked his colorful plus-4's, and some did not), Doug Sanders (lavender pants, shirt and shoes to match!!).

is he the one that looked like a 40 year old ad exec from the 1950s at the last tour stop? if so, it looked like he wasnt wearing spikes, just flat soles sneakers...wow, i know i would be slipping all over the place...

Colin P.

Ryan Moore looks like the 4th Jonas brother. There is style and then there is what he wears. I agree with iacas, I don't think anyone wants to sponsor him.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

is he the one that looked like a 40 year old ad exec from the 1950s at the last tour stop? if so, it looked like he wasnt wearing spikes, just flat soles sneakers...wow, i know i would be slipping all over the place...

You got the right guy. He "marches the beat of a different drummer". Remember when Peter Jacobsen wore a Portland Trail Blazers basketball jersey during a tournament because his team was in the finals of the NBA playoffs?

way cool.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

You got the right guy. He "marches the beat of a different drummer". Remember when Peter Jacobsen wore a Portland Trail Blazers basketball jersey during a tournament because his team was in the finals of the NBA playoffs?

yeah, and then there was the other player wearing the cardinals jersey at the FBR the other weekend, so whats the ruckus in the other thread about the dress code issue? guys on tour are wearing jerseys, who cares if i wear cargo shorts and a t-shirt?

Colin P.

I like what ryan moore is doing. Since Tiger came on the scene, pro golfers have become inaccessable corperate atheletes. Just like in the rest of the american sports world. I like that moore is doing his own thing and doesnt carry sponsors.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Kudos to Ryan Moore.

Tiger would never realize that the Nike Swoosh is nothing but a whip in mid-swing .

[IMG]www.republicaupdate.com/images/nike_swoosh.gif[/IMG]

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

yeah, and then there was the other player wearing the cardinals jersey at the FBR the other weekend, so whats the ruckus in the other thread about the dress code issue? guys on tour are wearing jerseys, who cares if i wear cargo shorts and a t-shirt?

Each course, private or public, sets their own dress code. Everyone needs to adhere the code where they play or they are not allowed to play.

I like what ryan moore is doing. Since Tiger came on the scene, pro golfers have become inaccessable corperate atheletes. Just like in the rest of the american sports world. I like that moore is doing his own thing and doesnt carry sponsors.

When Payne Stewart was asked why he wore plus-4's and a tam o'shanter cap, he answered that before he did, he went to the practice range, and two other guys were dressed like him. His Dad, Bill, always wore wild outfits as a salesman and told his son that he then stood out as someone different, and store owners remembered him. Payne liked the way that Rodger Davis looked in plus-2's in Australia, when he played there, so he started wearing plus-4's and had a contract with Head. In the first tournament that he did so, he was paired with Lee Trevino, and Payne wore lavendar plus-4's. He took a lot of ribbing from Lee during the round, but received many compliments from the fans. After that, his outfit became his trademark---plus his great, smooth, rhythmic golf swing, that was very traditional---like Sam Snead's.

Each course, private or public, sets their own dress code. Everyone needs to adhere the code where they play or they are not allowed to play.

the thread was about the dress code being "good for the game". it becomes a moot point when pros are not following the typically held standards of most clubs dress codes.

Colin P.

Why wouldn't you want to sponsor this guy? There are worse golfers than Ryan and it looks like he has a little personality, as some have already alluded to. In a tour that seems to be diluted with it's fair share of copy cats, it's refreshing to see some one else stand out. If I was a clothing company, especially if the clothing wasn't as traditional as most of the players wear, I would be all over Ryan to get him in my stuff.

I am as much a traditionalist in golf as the next guy, but it's so refreshing to see guys show their true colors out there. I think if there were more ways to display these guys out side of golf, it would probably draw even more people to the game. They all walk around like robots, not trying to ruin their image...that's just my 2 cents. I have liked Ryan Moore since he first appeared on TV...in the Masters I think as an amateur.

Anyway...good for him!!!

Wonder with companies cutting back if this will happen more often?

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

the thread was about the dress code being "good for the game". it becomes a moot point when pros are not following the typically held standards of most clubs dress codes.

You are right, but the pros can affect what is deemed acceptable. Our local public course had a dress code for years that required golf shirts with sleevs and a collar. After Tiger and others started wearing mock turtle neck shirts (no collar), they had to change to allow that type of shirt. Some outrageous style changes never have that effect, though. Thank God that plus-4's are still regarded as acceptable since I wear them in every tournament, and sometimes in practice rounds. They have become my "trademark", and when I do not wear them, I am told that people are disappointed. Tank tops and cut off jean shorts will never meet the dress code of any respectable course in this area, and I am glad of that.

Note: This thread is 3390 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!