IGNORED

400-425 cc drivers

-BAMA-
Note: This thread is 5525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

other than the r7... who else makes drivers with a head smaller than 460cc??

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

i just picked up an older model titleist 983k. i love the look of it at address but havent gotten used to hitting it yet. anybody ever had one of these drivers??

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

Yea, the 905S/T are both sub 460, i have a tour issue one upstairs, fantastic club. The 909's are good clubs, but so are the 905's and 907's.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I have a old Titliest 975J that i use every now and then. Im not sure of the size but i assume its around 400cc.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I definitly do not like the 460 drivers, but haven't found a new model in a couple years that is less than 440cc (which is what the Titleist 909D5 is, I think). I was just looking at the Hot List today and they have the list of sizes with a few models less than 460, but not much smaller. I would love to see some of the new technology in a smaller head. I currently play a TaylorMade R540XD and have for years. I have owned 3-4 other drivers in 460cc size since purchasing the 540, but always go back to it because I prefer the smaller size and feel it's easier to 'work' than the larger heads.

I would love to find a new driver in that 390-425 size and I expect every year that someone will come out with one. Johnny Miller in Golf Digest or Magazine said in his column a year or 2 ago that he expected to see manufacturers start to design and sell smaller headed drivers in a couple years and I'm still waiting.

(And 'Yes' I know the Cleveland HiBore models until the Monster have been less than 460, but they still look like 460 and the Callaway FT-i was also under 460, but it was too expensive and didn't feel right.)
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

the new nike dymos come in smaller cc versions. I want to say around 380cc's. Its the model Kim has been using and nike says that tiger is going to use when he comes back.

In my freestyle:
Driver: 10.5* G5 with UST V2
F.W. wood: 16* retro raylor with Aldila HM-40 Tour Gold
Irons: i5 3-pw. Stiff cs lite shafts
Wedges: 8620 51*, 56*, and 60* Putter: classics 1 34""Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

try to find a r7 425 cheap of of ebay or and taylormade r510tp its an amazing driver

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

The new TM R9 is 420 i believe and the the R7 limted is 440. The driver I use, Hibore XL Tour is a great river and i thnk its under 400- although it might be just over but is def under 460 and i love the small head as it is much easier to work and the 3 dgree open face suits my game perfectly

Driver: Hibore XL 9.5 R
3 Wood: SQII 15
Hybrid: XLS 19
Irons: 3-PW Ta5
Wedges: 52* CG 10 58* Vokey SM08Putter: Rossa TP Kia Ma Monaco Ball: Pro V1/V1x, Z-Star/Z-Star x

Taylormade R580XD , 440cc. A few years old though.

Driver : Sasquatch 5900 aka ''The square thing''
Hybrid : 3DX 18*
Irons : TA6
Wedges : tour action 588 Reg. 56*
Rac Satin 60*Putter : Eye2 black dotBalls : Pro V1x or E6+Bag : Carry bag

i hit the r7 425... its just not my style...

i just hate these 460 heads... its like swinging a coffee can on a stick, i wish they'd bring back the launcher 400....

im not consistent enough to get one of the titleists drivers....

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

The older callaway erc fusion is smaller but easier to hit than the titlest..that was a great driver if you can get over the sound, and there was a 2005 model cobra that came in a 400cc size that was supposed to be aimed at middle handicappers

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

Note: This thread is 5525 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!