IGNORED

Yahoo Golf '09 Master Thread

Dub
Note: This thread is 5537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After the 5th week...I'm sitting in tenth place in my group with 762 points.

Where are you guys right now?
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Wow....nobody playing Yahoo Golf '09???
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

18th place with 739 points. But I agree, this last week was awful for me. Only 66 points total for the week. Seems like I made every bad choice I could possibly make. Oh well, it's a long season and I'm still w/in striking distance of the top. Of course, we have one guy kind of running away with it w/838 points.

What I play:

Driver: XLS Hibore 9.5* Fit-On Red (S)
Woods: Tour XPC 16* Graffaloy ProLite (S)
Hybrid: Exotics 3HIrons: Reid Lockhart 3-SWWedge: rac 60*Putter: a crappy $20 Academy putter (but it works!)

Yup...our top guy is a bit over 800 pts.

It's a long season.

I'm sure I'm gonna forget to que up my golfers at some point during the year....I'd better at least go ahead and submit my field now and make refinements throughout the season.

Yeah, it is a long season. This is my first time playing any sort of fantasy golf, so I'm still getting a feel for strategy involved. It's also my first year to really follow all of the tour instead of just the top tier players at the bigger events (that's right, I've gone from not really playing this time last year to trying to get out of grad school and into the golf industry), so I'm still learning about some of the C level players. It's been a lot of fun, though.

What I play:

Driver: XLS Hibore 9.5* Fit-On Red (S)
Woods: Tour XPC 16* Graffaloy ProLite (S)
Hybrid: Exotics 3HIrons: Reid Lockhart 3-SWWedge: rac 60*Putter: a crappy $20 Academy putter (but it works!)

Simular here....first fantasy golf season....did the College Pick 'em and Bowl Pick 'em last year....these have been my only fantasy experiences. Something to do...only takes minute or two to maintain it. Bragging rights and all that....As you said it does provide the stimulus to learn about some of the newer golfers and follow their performance, too.

I'm somewhere in the middle of the league with 656 points (first place is 744). I have yet to pick a winner and have only had 5 Top Ten finishes (4 Top 3). Every week I pick my players on Monday morning and then make changes on Wednesday afternoon once I know who all is entered and can research a bit. If I had just left my Monday picks as starters instead of making more logical choices I would have had a win or 2 and several higher finishes.Last week on Monday I chose Phil, Camillo, Charley Hoffman, Bubba, Hunter Mahan, Lucas Glover, Luke Donald and CHIII - then on Wednesday I replaced Camillo with Padraig and Charley/Bubba/Hunter with Pat Prerez/Scott Piercy/Rory S. This week I'll make sure my Monday picks are all playing then leaving them alone.

This is my 4th or 5th season doing golf (I've done Baseball and Football both for close to 10 years now). I have won my league every year of Fantasy Golf so far, but this year everyone is out to beat me.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I'm somewhere in the middle of the league with 656 points (first place is 744). I have yet to pick a winner and have only had 5 Top Ten finishes (4 Top 3). Every week I pick my players on Monday morning and then make changes on Wednesday afternoon once I know who all is entered and can research a bit. If I had just left my Monday picks as starters instead of making more logical choices I would have had a win or 2 and several higher finishes.Last week on Monday I chose Phil, Camillo, Charley Hoffman, Bubba, Hunter Mahan, Lucas Glover, Luke Donald and CHIII - then on Wednesday I replaced Camillo with Padraig and Charley/Bubba/Hunter with Pat Prerez/Scott Piercy/Rory S. This week I'll make sure my Monday picks are all playing then leaving them alone.

Added to that is the young guns coming along strongly. Things are in flux amoung the leader boards. Obvious picks are a bit less so...it seems.

Second place with 784 points. Having a good time playing. Might be in first if stinkin' Phil would have actually done anything.

Yup.....he didn't help my team much at all, either.

I'm scared to touch him right now. Watch him go out and burn it up and I not have him picked.

Cinderella Story in 5th place with 761... Anyone interested in a $50 fantasy baseball league? I may have 1 or 2 open spots

Bag: Cheapo
Driver:983K
Woods: Steelhead
Irons-PW: X-12
SW: 56* CG14LW: 60* CG14Putter:Craz-E "I Series"BallNY, NY"Chinch Bugs"

I'm not in any groups, but here is my overall standings- I suck really bad!

Puttin4Bird
677 28,279 (+4,941) 28,279(+4,941) 79th
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

• 2 weeks later...
Week 7 finished up pretty well for me.

I'm at 1,052 pts.

No wins, but 4 top 10s and on top 3 weekly finishes.

Slowly moved up to 4th place in a group of 39 teams.

This is my first year doing this and I've enjoyed it....keeps you reading up and watching tour results.

I'm worried that I'm gonna use the same guys too much....gotta spread the love around some more.

I'm back in first after the last 2 weeks. I have had the winner both weeks. I have 988 points, with 7 Top 10's, 6 Top 3's and 2 wins now.

The big thing with Fantasy Golf is staying interested. I have finished in first every year I've played, with this being either my 4th or 5th season. Part of the reason for this is that I'm more of a 'golf geek' than the others in my leagues so I remember how players have played the course/event before and know what type conditions most players play well under. The other main reason for success is simple attrition. The season is long and a lot of people just loose interest as the season seems to keep going. They don't pay close enough attention to who's playing or how they are playing and often don't even both making changes round-t0-round.

Good luck and stick with it. Just paying attention will keep you in contention. As for using the same guys too much, don't worry too much about that. If you know player trends, most are not really going to be contenders more than 6-7 times a year or so (except Tiger, but you have to use him when you can since he doesn't play as much as most players), so just pay attention to who's playing and use players that have had success in event previously (except 'young' players who won the event the previous year, since they often seem to get overwhelmed the next year at the same event).
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

I'm in 25th with only 792 points. Unfortunately, I missed two tournaments on there, so I really fell those two weeks.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Note: This thread is 5537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!