IGNORED

Shoe help

Note: This thread is 6535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone have an opinion on the softest, most comfortable, most supportive shoe? Price is no object. Went out today and my $60 Footjoys absolutely killed me! I spent lots of dough on clubs, clothes, balls, bag, cart, but cheaped out on the shoes.

• Administrator
Does anyone have an opinion on the softest, most comfortable, most supportive shoe? Price is no object. Went out today and my $60 Footjoys absolutely killed me! I spent lots of dough on clubs, clothes, balls, bag, cart, but cheaped out on the shoes.

I like the FootJoy GF:II, personally.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just watched a review show on the new golf shoes this year and Ecco seemed to be rated as the most comfortable. I bought my boyfriend the DryJoys with PRO technology and they were comfortable from day one. Then again, it depends on what your foot looks like. I bought a nice pair of Bite shoes last year and could hardly move in them.

Try the Footjoy E-Comfort line and see if those would work for you. Although Bite shoes aren't as popular, I've used them to some extent and like the way they are because I have wide feet. All in all, I'd suggest going to your favorite golf retailer and see what they have to offer as far as comfort because nothing ruins a day of golf worse than aching feet. Of course, a score of "snowman" on any hole can cause grief as well....

What's in the bag:
Tourstage 405 X-Drive driver w/Graphite Design Tour AD shaft
Tourstage F-UT 3 wood w/Graphite Design Tour AD shaft
PRGR 7 wood hybrid Graphite Design Pershing shaft
Tourstage X-blade irons w/ NSPro 950GH shaftsNike Tiger Woods model SWVintage Scotty Cameron Mizuno putterBall:...

I got some Adidas Tour 360 and they have been by far the best shoes I have ever put on my feet. I have worn the top of the line shoes from most the major manufacturers, Nike, Footjoy, Adidas, Ecco, and these are by far the best. When I went to the FBR Phoenix open in February I was surprised to see that so many of the pros had them on as well. They are a bit expensive but are well worth the price. Check them out here

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

You might just need to get used to them, I usually ride the first time out with new shoes then walk a few 9's before playing 18 in them. Same first time out for the year. Sometimes you just need to break them in.

Had a pair of running shoes and broke them in at CC camp in my HS days. Those shoes nearly broke me that first week but ended up being my favorite shoe ever.
IN THE BAG

Driver: R580 W/ Fujikura VistaPro Eighty S Flex
Woods: 15* 300 series R80
Irons: TaylorMade RAC LT T Step Professional 110-gram steel RegularWedge: TP Rac Black Y Cutter 52/8 56/12Putter: Nubbins M2Ball: Bridgestone e5Course: League @ Bedford Hills

Thanks everyone!

HAH!! Now that would really be a bad day...but hey, like they say...bad day at golf is better than good day at work....and so on and so on...good luck with the shoe search!!

What's in the bag:
Tourstage 405 X-Drive driver w/Graphite Design Tour AD shaft
Tourstage F-UT 3 wood w/Graphite Design Tour AD shaft
PRGR 7 wood hybrid Graphite Design Pershing shaft
Tourstage X-blade irons w/ NSPro 950GH shaftsNike Tiger Woods model SWVintage Scotty Cameron Mizuno putterBall:...

I got some Adidas Tour 360 and they have been by far the best shoes I have ever put on my feet. I have worn the top of the line shoes from most the major manufacturers, Nike, Footjoy, Adidas, Ecco, and these are by far the best. When I went to the FBR Phoenix open in February I was surprised to see that so many of the pros had them on as well. They are a bit expensive but are well worth the price. Check them out

I agree. I have the same shoes and they're awesome. Kind of pricey, but you get what you pay for.

I wish my regular shoes were this comfy.

Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.

• Administrator
I put a new pair of shoes on Thursday at Rafi's home course. I walked 18 at Bethpage Black the next day, and 18 again at Bowling Green two days after that.

Rafi can attest to the fact that I never once limped. The GF:IIs and in fact nearly every FootJoy shoe I've ever had just starts working, no break-in.

That being said, he swears by the Tour 360s. I can't stand them. Blister City for me.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I agree with your FootJoy comment, I have what I beleive to be an average foot, not overly wide or weird shaped but every product FootJoy offers has that narrow toe box and that jsut kills me. I spent like $160 on FJ's top of the line shoe 4 years ago and still they found there way to the garbage inside a year. I stumbbled accoross these...

http://www.golfdiscount.com/bitegolf...thosportbiofit The Bite OrthoSport Biofit golf shoes and for 100 bucks they are by far the most walkable shoe Ive ever tried. They come w 3 different inserts from avarage arch support to crazy rainbow shaped arch support. Underneath the inserts you'll find that blue gel "gellin" glued to base of the shoe. Wide toe box, removable spikes (black widow quick lock) Money money shoes IMO. I walked 18 my first time w/ them out of the box and I was solid, they run about a half size small though over my regulat street shoes so I had to go +.5 Also they come in Black/Black which I chose and they look great. I have heard though ECCO is the best but they are like $250 so I never tried them on.
In my bag
Driver Nike SQ Tour 9.5º X Flex NV-60
Fairway Woods Titleist 904f 15º Fujikura X flex
Mizuno Fli Hi 18º DG X100
Irons Mizuno MP-33 3-PW DG X100 +1" 2ºuprightWedges Mizuno 56º sandTitleist SM60º LobPutter Scotty Cameron Newport MidSlant Pro PlatinumBall Pro...

• Administrator
I agree with your FootJoy comment, I have what I beleive to be an average foot, not overly wide or weird shaped but every product FootJoy offers has that narrow toe box and that jsut kills me. I spent like $160 on FJ's top of the line shoe 4 years ago and still they found there way to the garbage inside a year. I stumbbled accoross these...

My thoughts on the Bite shoes can be found

here .

• 3 weeks later...
I got the Adidas Tour 360 about a month ago and they are by far the most comfortable shoes I've worn on the course.

The FJ DryIce I've had for about 5 years are still comfy, as well as the 2 pairs of FJ "e-comfort" ( I think that's what they are called ).

Hell still have a pair of all white Mizuno's from 10 years ago that I use as my "mudders" on those days where you question why you are out playing !

I also do like the Dry Joys... but I am currently looking into Footjoy Classics

But because of the leather soles on the Classics im kind of afraid of the water that might soke up thru the leather...

But Dry Joys are a very good shoe

907D2 9.5º Proforce V2 85 Stiff
904F 15º stiff Speeder Shaft
735.CM Chrome 2-P
Spin-Milled Vokeys Tour Chrome 54.10/60.04
Studio Style Newport 2.5 Black X66 Stand Bag Pro V1

I enjoy the 2005 Footjoy Gelfusion shoe. Plenty comfortable in which to walk or ride. The shoe's last ( the basic style and form of the shoe design ) has always seemed to work for me. I do recommend changing cleats as soon as they begin to wear down because a little extra grip of the feet seems to provide some additional stability to the swing.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

Note: This thread is 6535 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!