IGNORED

The Worst habit one of your regular golf buddies has

chriskzoo
Note:Β This thread is 5170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

The person I have the biggest problem with is my buddy who I play with all the time. When putting, he has this long ass routine where he looks at it from the ball to the hole, then walk over behind the hole (mind you, sometimes this is 40-50 feet), then walks back for one more look from his ball before set up to putt. I can imagine guys watching this routine from the fairway and wondering if he thinks he's in the US Open. I swear it adds 10 minutes to the round.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a good buddy who always makes snide comments to me whenever someone we're paired with has a mishit. I'm always thinking, Man, do you makes these comments behind my back when I have mishit? He genuinely hates playing with bad players (except for me I guess). Classic Type-A Personality. He was the captain of his high school golf team. He'll make some really mean comment to me about like a 60 year old man hacking his way around the course, and I always have to tell him to cut the guy a break.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My buddy, will step directly on my line when putting. We could be on opposite ends of the green and somehow, he will manage to crush my line. I've told him, he says, yeah yeah I know...then does it again.

In my bag are
Hibore XLS 10.5*
Hibore XLS 22* 3i Hybrid
TA7 irons 3-PW, SW
CG11 60* LW VP #5 putter.

One of my playing partners (father-in-law) is a very, very loud person. He also loves to tell stories (most that I have heard countless times over). I am always embarrassed because he can't seem to keep it toned down long enough for other groups to get off the tee or away from us. I have to constantly remind him to be quiet because someone is swinging.
He is also the type not to count misses and duffs, or to "hit another" without taking a penalty. I am much better than him, so I don't really care, and we don't bet on the game or anything but still...
I try to help him with his game (because he asks) but he is not good at taking direction, so then he self-assesses by saying things like "i tried to kill it" or "i picked my head up"...I desperately want to tell him he has the ugliest swing I've ever seen, but what can you do?
I could go on...
Mostly venting a bit, probably because I played with him yesterday.

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

my buddy and i take off our gloves to putt...
i however put my glove back on when walking to the next teebox...
he rips and unrips the velcro... when im teeing up my ball... grrrr...
if he's not doing that... he's fiddling with his clubs taking off putting on headcovers... while im about to hit
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I have a friend who will go off on people that hit anywhere around us. I would understand if this were on purpose, but from my experience, 99% of the time it is completely by accident and the gentlemen are very apologetic.

we don't play for money but there is on in our group who doesn't keep an honest score, picking up putts, etc. he tends to shoot in the 80's but my guess is he would typically shoot in the 90's if he was honest. unfortunately, he is proud of his score at the end of the round, somehow he must rationalize his cheating during the round or forgets it by the 18th.

we don't play for money but there is on in our group who doesn't keep an honest score, picking up putts, etc. he tends to shoot in the 80's but my guess is he would typically shoot in the 90's if he was honest. unfortunately, he is proud of his score at the end of the round, somehow he must rationalize his cheating during the round or forgets it by the 18th.

That is the worst! I don't care if people cheat themselves, but when they start boasting about their "score" or worse comparing themselves to you (an honest player) as if they were as good or better, it is very, very hard not to say something. BTW, I always say something like "well, if I only counted half my shots I would be playing on the PGA."

Slim 11
Driver: Cobra F-Speed 10.5*
3 wood: Cobra F Speed
5 wood: Cobra F Speed
Irons: Cobra 3100H/I 3-PWSW: Pixl 56*Putter: Monza Rossa MalletBall: Slazenger Raw Feel

my buddy and i take off our gloves to putt...

sounds like my mom... she is terrible. I'll be getting ready to rip it on a long tight par 4 and right in my backswing... CLANK, CLANK, CLANK... she's using the fricken ball washer. I look (glare) over at her and she stops and says "ooops". Then on the next tee she wants to get a picture of the hole and me... so she stands behind me and takes one of my practice swing, then when I'm in my backswing for my actual shot she starts walking off the tee box right in my line of sight... another glare, maybe a WTF mom, and "ooops". Later in the round I'm lining up a 4 footer to save par and she'll see a pretty tree and say something stupid about it. I love her to death, but for goodness sake... and it's not like she doesn't know, she just forgets because she gets used to playing in her women's league where they don't keep score and just chat the hole time, putting, swinging, etc.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5Β° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14Β° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18Β°) & 3h(20Β°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52Β°-10Β° & 58Β°-10Β°; Odyssey...

I have a good buddy.....plays off of about a 15 hcp. If he happens to hit 2 or 3 good shots in a row, he'll begin giving unsolicited swing advice to anyone within earshot.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My BFF ( ) in the past hasn't entered all of his scores into the computer and claims to be a higher handicap than he really is...sandbaggers is what I believe you call them. Last year I started to really harp on him about it and he has changed his ways a bit. I still don't think he enters them all, but what can you do.

It made a big difference last year as he was moved from B flight to A flight for the club championship. I am not sure he was too impressed but I can't stand people who go out and break 80 on a regular basis and claim that they are a 12+ handicap.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9Β  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |
Β 

A very good friend of mine , who is also my golf partner for most of the rounds i play all summer long , Just can't accept the fact that he misses putts...He's not a great putter by any means , but not bad either. It's just that it's always somebody's or something's fault when he misses. '' Man that green is messed up! So many bumps! '' , or ''How did that not Curve enough? , probably caught a big footprint...'' , or '' Man i'd like to know who cut that hole this morning , it's horrible!'' It's always the wind's fault when he slice's a drive too ! I think it's funny :p

Driver : Sasquatch 5900 aka ''The square thing''
Hybrid : 3DX 18*
Irons : TA6
Wedges : tour action 588 Reg. 56*
Rac Satin 60*Putter : Eye2 black dotBalls : Pro V1x or E6+Bag : Carry bag

A very good friend of mine , who is also my golf partner for most of the rounds i play all summer long , Just can't accept the fact that he misses putts...He's not a great putter by any means , but not bad either. It's just that it's always somebody's or something's fault when he misses. '' Man that green is messed up! So many bumps! '' , or ''How did that not Curve enough? , probably caught a big footprint...'' , or '' Man i'd like to know who cut that hole this morning , it's horrible!'' It's always the wind's fault when he slice's a drive too ! I think it's funny :p

On that note, I am notorious for making people putt everything out that is outside a foot or so.

Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW

Pro V1x

theres a guy at my club in the states who regularly shoots 4-8 over par hes go his handicap in the computer as 20!! which means when we play in the club tourney he shoots any where from 18-12 under par!

this doesent affect me because i play in the junior category but still the guys who keep honest caps dont even have a chance...darn sandbaggers.

Mine in general would be people who have a long preshot routine or just take too long to hit in general. I played with a friend who would first stand directly behind the ball and while looking at the target make about 3-4 practice swings, address the ball and make another 2-3 practice swings, and then proceed to top/shank/duff the ball. The guy lies about his score saying that he's a ~12 handicap when in reality he's about a 36.

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

theres a guy at my club in the states who regularly shoots 4-8 over par hes go his handicap in the computer as 20!! which means when we play in the club tourney he shoots any where from 18-12 under par!

The club should address that. The fact is, the only people that really get penalized at most handicapped tournaments are the ones that keep an honest handicap. Most people don't realize that you really only shoot your handicap about 25% of the time.

Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW

Pro V1x

sounds like my mom... she is terrible. I'll be getting ready to rip it on a long tight par 4 and right in my backswing... CLANK, CLANK, CLANK... she's using the fricken ball washer. I look (glare) over at her and she stops and says "ooops". Then on the next tee she wants to get a picture of the hole and me... so she stands behind me and takes one of my practice swing, then when I'm in my backswing for my actual shot she starts walking off the tee box right in my line of sight... another glare, maybe a WTF mom, and "ooops". Later in the round I'm lining up a 4 footer to save par and she'll see a pretty tree and say something stupid about it. I love her to death, but for goodness sake... and it's not like she doesn't know, she just forgets because she gets used to playing in her women's league where they don't keep score and just chat the hole time, putting, swinging, etc.

lmao... yeah my mom stopped coming to the course with us... specially during our annual brothers and their girls cut throat tourney... she cant stand it when we shush her every 5 mins... plus she almost got beaned when we let a couple play thru... good times

RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Definitely stepping on my line while I'm putting. We might waste an extra 20 minutes on the greens because of it.

Note:Β This thread is 5170 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!