IGNORED

Favorite Piece of Technology?

gas_can
Note: This thread is 3080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As I was driving home from the gym today, I just realized how attached I've become to my little iPod mini . That little mp3 player does everything for me: in addition to storing all my music, it has all my contacts, calendar dates, it's my alarm clock, and a spare USB drive for huge files. All that and it's been super durable and stylish to boot. Best $250 I've ever spent.

What's your favorite piece of technology?

XM Radio receiver. Hands down best toy I ever had. Close second is a golf-related item - SkyGolf GPS device. Can't replace it on an unknown course, makes the game more enjoyable (I know, I know it's not allowed by USGA, but I got sick and tired of hitting "great" drive to find out I'm in a hazard hidden behind a hill!).

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

How about the computer in general? After all, it's how I make my living, how I participate on this forum with y'all, and more. If not that, then "the Internet." If not that, then my cell phone (which synchronizes with my computer), because I don't even need a land line here in PA. My cell does it. It goes with me everywhere.

If none of those are acceptable, well, fall right back on wireless networking. That's my backup backup backup answer.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Right now I would have to say the iCarPlay from Monster Cable I received for Christmas that allows me to play my iPod through my truck radio. Works great and allows me to listen to whatever I want without having to switch CD's.

Mike Jones

If none of those are acceptable, well, fall right back on wireless networking. That's my backup backup backup answer.

Ahh, but would you need wireless networking if there was no internet . . . hmmm kind of like the chicken and the egg

Right now I would have to say the iCarPlay from Monster Cable I received for Christmas that allows me to play my iPod through my truck radio. Works great and allows me to listen to whatever I want without having to switch CD's.

I used to use Griffin's iTrip which I was thrilled with. But when I got my new car, I went ahead and sucked it up and got a hardwire straight to the radio coming out of the glove box. I've never been happier especially on long road trips.

I ALMOST bought a new BMW 325 just because it has an iPod connection and controls on the steering wheel, but then I got smart and realized I was about to buy a whole car just for a $250 mp3 player!

My toaster, boy do I love toast. Its my favorite food.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I'm going with high definition tv (HDTV). It has totally revolutionized the way I watch both movies and tv shows. I stick my nose up at 4:3 Fullscreen movies/shows now. Heh. If all I got in HD was sports (football, baseball, etc... still waiting for someone to broadcast a PGA event in HDTV), I'd be just as happy. Sometimes I watch the Discovery Channel and PBS just cuz it looks great, not that the material is all that interesting - though I'm surprised sometimes - there was this great show about the Egyptian pyramids a while back that I was totally enthralled with. And hey, I learned stuff!

Hooked On Phonics Worked For Me!

I would normally say computer and internet since I spend so much time on it but in this case I'm going to say Tivo. Tivo has changed the way I watch television. No more commericals for me. The dual tuner Directv box has saved me several times when golf has been on and the wife wants to watch something else.

Driver: X460 10°
Hybrid: Heavenwood 2H
Irons: X-12 3-PW
Wedges: Vintage Forged 48° & 56°
Putter: DF 990Ball: HX Hot

• Administrator
I would normally say computer and internet since I spend so much time on it but in this case I'm going to say Tivo. Tivo has changed the way I watch television. No more commericals for me. The dual tuner Directv box has saved me several times when golf has been on and the wife wants to watch something else.

Good choice. Indeedio! I watched TGC's "PGA Merch Show" coverage today in 30 minutes. Y'know, all two hours of it.

Of course, given TGC's coverage, that was still a waste of at least 28 of those minutes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 10 years later...

YouTube, NetFlix, Smartphone, 4k SmartTV (and 4k camera/video).

If you haven't already, try watching YouTube entries of PGA Tour event that show nothing but protrace shots.   I watched one which had 30 minutes of protrace shots.  Heaven.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I just cut the cord a few weeks ago (i.e. no more cable tv subscription).  I'm pretty jazzed about that.

It makes me happy mostly on principal as the way my cable bills have been increasing over time is really annoying.  My boss laughs at my cord cutting and said, "you don't have cable but your heirs certainly will".  

So, I currently am liking the technology that made this happen, digital antenna, computer, HD TV, internet.

My range finder, or my yardage gizmo. I use them a lot these days. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Aside from the computer ... a norm in todays world ... I have to go with the PS4/xBox ... I game with people from all over,  we can be in different parts of the US/World and still talk and "see" the same thing ... it amazes me.

(I know, get a life) 

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Imho, I think drones may have a huge impact. The noise they make and possible new FAA regulations, cost are probably their biggest roadblocks. Figure out how to quiet them down, get the FAA to approve them on the golf course, maybe they'll be used in ways we're not even thinking of now. We already have great flyover videos. Waiting for someone to do overhead high fps swing vids. I envision in the far future, there will be tiny cameras flying behind golfers and vlogs will be a cinch, it'll be automatic, golfer doesn't have to do anything. And I've mentioned this many times before (I keep forgetting what the downsides were) but one day, maybe broadcasts won't need cranes, they'll just use drones.

To add, video has come a long way, 4K, high fps, ease of creating and propagating, ubiquity - imho, I think the there's not much more to advance in video w/resp to specs, it's getting better and better specs to mass market now and more what one can do w/cameras that are smaller and cheaper, combine many, many cameras to do things.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 3080 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!