IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Jack is the greatest .....Period ......Case Closed.......and here is why...

You are comparing a career that is over to one that is not even half over. Of course the guy who has played more years than the other guy has been alive will be the leader. And if I have to hear about all seconds in the majors I think I will puke. 2nd is no different than 12th or 22nd except that you get more money. I hate to quote Ricky Bobby but "If you ain't first, you're last"

BLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA!!! Sorry, I just puked a little bit.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I think it is too early to tell. I was not alive when Jack was in his prime, so I cannot speak for exactly the way he played the game, because all I have seen are old tournaments and highlight films. On the other hand, I have followed Tiger Woods career ever since he won his first major in 1997, killing the competition by 12 shots at Augusta. When you look at how dominant Tiger has been, it is hard to say that anyone was ever better than him.

The fact of the matter is that Jack has 18 majors, and Tiger has 14. However, Tiger just turned 34, and I would not be at all shocked if he reached 22-23 majors. I guess their really is no right or wrong answer to this question, because they played in different eras with different competition, equipment, etc. I would give the slight nod to Tiger, but I can surely understand why some people say that Nicklaus is still the best.

I for one am not too worried who is the best, I just appreciate the greatness of both of them.

I vote for Tiger. I did get to see Jack play towards the end of his prime, but Tiger has a better all around game and can do things that Jack could only dream of.

with everything that has been going on with Tiger of late i feel that he has to do so so so much to redeem himself as a high profile athlete. its just unfortunate it had to come out the way it did, has anyone heard any new press releases??

Jack's interview on the Golf Channel last night show what a class act he is. Mr Nickalaus says that he does not want his record broken, but when Tiger had his knee operation and was out for 6 month, Jack called Tiger and wish him a fast recovery, because he wanted his record to stand on its own with out outside interference like Tiger's unable to play again because of a bad knee.

His comment was a parallal with his current personal problems and also mentioned that the three major comming up this year are on course Tiger has won several times before and he has a higher percentage chance of winning these major. Jack's comments are all for the benefit of the bigger picture "GOLF"

So, on the golf course, Tiger skills, but on an even bigger picture, Jack stands too tall over Tiger.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

This is a tough question! I would have said Tiger before everything happened recently but honestly, Jack has more class and that in itself makes him a better golfer. When it comes to who is the better athlete, Tiger is much better. Jack and Tiger both have a great mental game. If Tiger can straighten himself out, he could very well go on to become truly the greatest player ever.

Nobody has ever dominated the sport like Tiger.
Driver: Callaway Diablo Edge 10*
Woods: Mizuno F-60 (15*, 18*); Hybrids: Callaway FT-iZ 21*, Callaway X 24*
Irons: Mizuno MX 25 (5I - GW)
Wedges: Mizuno MP T Chrome (56/10), MP T-10 Black Satin (60/8)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #9

I will say that Tiger is the better athlete but it is hard to argue 18 championships to Tiger's 14. In ten years time I think tiger will truly distance himself as the best but he has to beat Jack first.

Driver: r7 cgb max 10.5º
3 Wood: Ovation 2
3H: Pro Gold 20º w/Winn PCI
4H: Tight Lies 24º
5-PW: Tight LiesPutter: Dual Force 668 w/Winn PistolBall: B330 Bag: Corza

Nobody has ever dominated the sport like Tiger.

I guess you never heard of Bobby Jones or Ben Hogan, huh? Here are some facts about their dominance: From 1923 to 1930, Bobby Jones won 13 of 20 majors entered with 4 2nds. In 1953, Hogan won 5 of 6 tournaments entered, including all 3 majors entered. Now that's dominance. Tiger just the most dominant player in your lifetime, not ever. And right now, unless Tiger passes him, Nicklaus is still golf's greatest champion ever.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

As of now I'll say Jack. Who knows whether Tiger will ever bounce back to his old self after the recent events. I think he will, but it will be interesting to see.

What's In My Bag
Driver: Laucher 460 8.5 w/AccuFlex Assassin X Shaft
3 Wood: PT 15 degree w/x100 Shaft
Irons: DCI 762 3-PW w/s300 shaft
Wedges: 52, 56, 60 Putter: Futura, B60 Belly Putter, DF Rossie 2Ball: Pro V1 X-The definition of insanity is doing the same things over and over,...