IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Jack's era didnt have the high tech clubs, balls, or the advanced physical training that Tiger is enjoying today. Jack was hitting it 290 in the dead ball era. Jack never had Tigers creativity because he never really needed it. Jack was one of the longest straightest drivers of all time, and he could also putt the the ball equally as well as Tiger.

I am not discounting Tigers game............ its awsome. He is in the other players heads as soon as he commits to a tourney,.....just like Jack. I think Jack had more players that could stand up to him in his era. These players over the last 10 years have folded up on the 1st tee. Its almost sickening to watch.

To look at alot of these threads......... you would think golf history only goes back as far as Tigers 1st professional tee shot.

LOL, boy isn't that the truth!

Thank you for a breath of fresh air.

I think Jack had more players that could stand up to him in his era. These players over the last 10 years have folded up on the 1st tee. Its almost sickening to watch.

It's because they've never been hungry. I would like to see a Ben Hogan-Tiger Woods staredown on the first tee. I know Hogan wouldn't finch.

It's because they've never been hungry. I would like to see a Ben Hogan-Tiger Woods staredown on the first tee. I know Hogan wouldn't finch.

OMG! - THAT would be priceless! I refered to it in a previous post on this thread about watching Hogan and Snead on Shell's Wonderful World of Golf at the Houston Country Club. Hogan hit every fairway (pretty much in the middle) and every green in regulation and shot 69. It didn't even look like he was breaking a sweat. He was calm, decisive, determined. Hogan was great. He knew it and was going to make sure you did at the end of the round. He wasn't cocky or in your face about it either; very matter of fact, yet a gentleman all the way around.

Hogan knew about being hungry. From his overcoming the circumstances of his father's suicide to his caddy days at Glen Garden in Fort Worth to eventually working his way onto the tour, he didn't have a million dollar plus endorsement deal right after he turned pro and before he ever teed it up at a tournament.

IN MY BAG:

DRIVER: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9* Fujikura Ventus 65G S shaft
3 WOOD: TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium 3-wood 15* Mitsubishi TENSEI AV Blue 75 S shaft
UTILITY: TaylorMade Stealth 19* 3 Hybrid Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S shaft
IRONS: TaylorMade P760 3-PW;/TTDyn Gold 120 S-300
WEDGES: Clay Long Personal Edition SW 54* TTDyn Gold Tour Issue S400 shaft
WEDGES: Clay Long Personal Edition SW 58* TTDyn Gold X100 8i shaft
PUTTER: PING BeNi Scottsdale Anser or Ping BeNi Anser 4 34.5"
BALL: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

Well poser fade has always been my stockshot inspired by Jack.... until nw its gone and could not slice a ball even if I had the most open stance ever.... crap hooks delight!!

I've got to go with Tiger when he's on it, but, I've gotta go with Jack on how he will be remembered. Tiger will be remembered as the greatest but kind of a baby in the way he acts. Jack will be remembered as one of the greatest players and men of the game.

With the newr technology... it's hard to compare players from different era's. If I had to choose Tiger at his best or Jack at his best... I'll take Tiger!

I grew up watching Tiger in his prime, so im biased towards him and the enthusiasm he shows for the sport of golf. I'm a Tiger fan!

My main focus is on my game.

Nike VR Str8-fit, 9.5, stiff flex
SQ Dymo 3 wood
SasQuatch SUMO 3HNike VR Full Cavity 4-AW, regular flexSV Tour 56 and 60 degree, black satin finish Studio Select Newport 1.5

I am a Tiger fan. I have just recently gotten into golf and Tiger was the man. Sad to see what a mistake he has made has done to his life and career.

09 Burner driver
3-pw Dci 962 irons
54-11 gw
Backstryke 2 Ball putter

Do not confuse the game of the man you see today with the golfer that once was!

Tiger vs. Jack: Players talk Jack
http://www.thegolfchannel.com/golf-v...26000&rsec;=211

IN MY BAG:

DRIVER: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9* Fujikura Ventus 65G S shaft
3 WOOD: TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium 3-wood 15* Mitsubishi TENSEI AV Blue 75 S shaft
UTILITY: TaylorMade Stealth 19* 3 Hybrid Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S shaft
IRONS: TaylorMade P760 3-PW;/TTDyn Gold 120 S-300
WEDGES: Clay Long Personal Edition SW 54* TTDyn Gold Tour Issue S400 shaft
WEDGES: Clay Long Personal Edition SW 58* TTDyn Gold X100 8i shaft
PUTTER: PING BeNi Scottsdale Anser or Ping BeNi Anser 4 34.5"
BALL: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

there both obviously great but i think if tiger keeps playing as he is he will surpass jack

What's in my Bag:

KZG Gemini 460 Driver 10.5* with a Stiff Flex Grafalloy Prolaunch Blue Shaft
Burner 5 Wood with a Regular Flex Bubble Shaft
DCI 990's 4-PW with Regular Flex ShaftsNo Wedges TDP 2.2 Putter NXT Tour Ball

Tiger is my favorite golfer ever, but Jack Nicklaus was great. I like Tiger's ability to really pound the ball. He swings with alot of power and his swing is the one I try to follow. Tiger's kinda fallin' off now but I think he'll be back strong after his neck injury and some more time passes to clear his head. Its hard to say who is the greatest because of Jack's success, but Tiger has become possibly the largest sports icon ever.

I've got to say Jack unless Tiger can piece together a career of consistent wins. Hopefully he'll be back as good as his Grand Slam days.

I feel that Nicklaus was a bit ahead of his time for golf, whereas Tiger is one of those athletes we typically only see once every 80-100 years. Nowadays it seems that phenomenal athletes are becoming much more prevalent...

It seems to me that players like Jack, Arnold and others, Phil, Jim, Els, etc are men who try to play golf as best they can. Tiger Woods is a golfer who is trying as hard as he can to be a normal man. His life of ONLY golf has left him unable to really be a serious human being. His father built him to be a great golfer. He is a mediocre person, however. He's like an expensive refrigerator. Does the job very well but not much else.

Like Michael Jordan. Amazing athlete. Crappy person. When you're so focused on one thing like that, it's difficult to learn other important things about life.

My $.02...

'09 Nike Dymo 3-Wood
Tommy Armour 855s 2-Iron (from an old set. i can hit it 260-270 and it's accurate so I kept it)
Mizzuno MP-33 irons(absolutely love these and they look great)
Cleveland Wedges obviously
Odessey putter(need a new one very soon)No driver. Dont need one.