IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Im going to say Tiger because he turned me on to the sport about a year ago. I was hooked after he tied Rocco on the 18th.
The Hefty Lefty!
2009 R7 LIMITED 10.5 deg. Matrix Ozik 55g R
A3 Hybrid Irons 6-PW
A3 Hybrids 3: 19 deg, 4: 22 deg, 5: 25 deg.
: Black Max GW 52 deg. Vision SW 56 deg. 2009 XG Teron 35"My bag is full of brand new clubs! Well except for that trusty sand wedge.

I think Tiger is the man. BUT, I also think that Jack was a wonderful addition to the game. I wasn't alive, but I think that Jack had a harder time doing the accomplishments that he did. The equipment was harder to play with and the amount of "excellent" players was larger.

Don't get me wrong, I voted for Tiger. I've seen Tiger a couple times at tourneys and it's just crazy, the aura around him. Someone else mentioned it, about being an athlete. Tiger is built and fit, which seperates him from the field. I enjoy watching Tiger and would have loved to watch Jack play in his day. Good post, nice work.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

Tiger. Because is never fails to amaze me.
He has taken golf to a whole new level not just with his skill and fitness but the way he has taken golf into other generations. I wasnt old enough to be into golf when Jack was around but he never did much for me. The only thing colorful about him were his pants. Player and Palmer fascinate me more than Jack. Maybe I am biased about Tiger as he uses a SQ like me.

We will not really know for about 5 years. Certainly Tiger is likely to be the greatest but there is a little ways to go just yet.

RC

[QUOTE=acj990;250788]I think Tiger is the man. BUT, I also think that Jack was a wonderful addition to the game. I wasn't alive, but I think that Jack had a harder time doing the accomplishments that he did. The equipment was harder to play with and the amount of "excellent" players was larger.

Don't get me wrong, I voted for Tiger.

Seems strange to vote for Tiger with the paragraph above. I'm sure Jack would be thrilled to hear he was a wonderful "addition" to the game. Until Tiger passes Jack, Jack is the man. When a site is dominated by teens and twentysomethings how can Tiger lose?

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

[QUOTE=Bo the Golfer;251064]

I think Tiger is the man. BUT, I also think that Jack was a wonderful addition to the game. I wasn't alive, but I think that Jack had a harder time doing the accomplishments that he did. The equipment was harder to play with and the amount of "excellent" players was larger.

LOL, isn't that the truth. These young un's have no concept of how much the equipment has improved since 1980, not to mention training techniques, agronomy and other nic naks they use now.

I wonder how a match between Tiger and Ben Hogan would turn out?

Before Jack - Bobby Jones. Right now - Jack. In 10 years - probably Tiger.

In my Srixon staff bag:

Driver: Titleist 909D2 8.5 - Grafalloy Epic X
Fairway: Adams RPM LP 13 degree - Grafalloy Epic X
Hybrids: Adams Idea Pro 18 degree - DGSL X100Irons: MacGregor 1025M 3-PW - DG X100SW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54 - DG X100LW: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 58 - DG X100Putter...

Gotta say Tiger is the greatest.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Any one who concedes a putt of three feet on the last hole of the last match in a Ryder Cup to keep the scores tied has to be the man, so it's Nicklaus for me! Plus any one who saw him come through the field in the '86 Masters with a 65 has to agree he just had something that Tiger hasn't yet shown when he gets behind in a Major!

In my Tour bag
Driver - Cyberstar (9*), cut to 43.5 inches long with tonnes of lead tape attatched to the head.
Fairway 909F2 (13.5*), Diamana blue 83 shaft, 42 inches long
Rescues Heaven wood (17*)
909h (21*) Diamana blue shaft Irons Pro M (3-PW), Rifle 5.0 shafts Wedges KZG TRS (52* +...

Well he drove it through the back of the 18th at St. andrews in 1970, so he must have been close to 450yds with the new stuff!

In my Tour bag
Driver - Cyberstar (9*), cut to 43.5 inches long with tonnes of lead tape attatched to the head.
Fairway 909F2 (13.5*), Diamana blue 83 shaft, 42 inches long
Rescues Heaven wood (17*)
909h (21*) Diamana blue shaft Irons Pro M (3-PW), Rifle 5.0 shafts Wedges KZG TRS (52* +...