IGNORED

Jack vs. Tiger: Who's the Greatest Golfer?

sungho_kr

Greatest Golfer (GOAT)  

218 members have voted

1. 1. Tiger or Jack: Who's the greatest golfer?

• Tiger Woods is the man
    • Jack Nicklaus is my favorite

Although I think Tiger's the best, I watched Phil Mickelson laugh, smile, and high-five the fans at Riviera today. I wish Tiger could soften his game face and be more accessible to fans. I understand he's an intense competitor, but without the fans, he would not be as rich as he is.

I agree. While I understand tiger (and everyone else) is extremely competitive, if I got to play golf for that kinda dough I wouldn't be able to stop smiling!

Driver: 905r 10.5
3 - Wood: 15degree
hybrid: heavenwood 20 degree
Irons: MP - 32 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey 54 and 60Putter: Anser 2 Belly

I agree with Butchie Harmon, if Tiger keeps violently snapping his left knee through impact like he currently does he will not beat Jack Nicklaus' record of 18 majors...his wobbly knee will never hold up under that kind of trauma.

Tiger needs to completely over haul his swing.

Jack had more class than Tiger ever will. Tiger's after the $$$ and the notoriety........Jack just loved the game.

On what do you base these bizarre opinions?

How did Nicklaus have more "class"? What "notoriety" is Tiger after? How do you know that Nicklaus was not motivated by money? How do you now that Tiger is motivated by money? Everything I have seen or read suggests otherwise.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I've come into the game pretty late (39?) so the only player that's made an impact is Tiger Woods. I think we''l see what he's made of as he recovers from his injury.

Funny thing how you first meet the woman that you marry. I first met the wife in a tunnel of love. She was digging it - Les Dawson

R7 TP 3i - 9i

R7 TP Superquad 9.5
R7 TP 3w
R7 TP's Rossa Daytona 1 TP Black R7 Stand-bag

I'll join the group that says "Jack for now until Tiger passes him in a few years."

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

WTF, Tiger just got smoked (4 & 2) by the likes of Tim Clark!

Maybe a chink in the armour?

If Tiger still has to ice and elevate his knee 8 months after surgery tells me something is still not right with the knee.

Time will tell my fellow fairway farmers, are we seeing the decline of a golfing god who's looking more and more mortal every day?

WTF, Tiger just got smoked (4 & 2) by the likes of Tim Clark!

Hmmmm.. His knee may not be 100% intact, but I'm sure his golfing spirit is nothing less than 100% intact!

It's hard to say who really would win when either of them are at their prime. Both are such incredible competitors that I think it would come down to who was having a better day and what type of course they were playing. Long course with flat greens, Tiger wins. Lots of wind / British Open style course, Tiger wins. If it is a shorter course with lots of rough, I think it's Nicklaus.

At Augusta National, I think it's Tiger based on the fact that the rough isn't horrible, the trees aren't a real threat, and wedge into those undulating greens can make it so you end up on the right level a lot easier.

TMO

T.M. O'Connell

What's in My Bag
Driver - 909 D2 9.5 degree
3 Wood - 909 F2 15.5 degreeHybrid - 909 H 19 degreeIrons - AP2 w/ Rifle 6.5Wedges - BN 60.04 & 54.11Putter - Pro Platinum Plus

i know its early, but i have to go with tiger...
fantastic iron play from fairways and rough (ok, not from the rough this last week for his return) and a great short game to close.