IGNORED

Kelly Loves The King (much too much)

Shorty
Note: This thread is 5472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I defended Kelly Tilghman in a previous thread but have found her sycophantic fawning over Arnold Palmer at his tournament to be nauseating and embarrassing.
Is there really a need to debase oneself in this way?
He clearly finds it awkward and it stifles any comments he is trying to make.
Any thoughts on this?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

It has been really distracting and I rolled my eyes a couple of times, but I am just trying to watch the golf. I love to hear him talk, but you are right, we don't need to beat a dead horse on the histrionics.

What's in the Bag

Driver: Rapture 10.5*

3w: G10 15.5*5w: G10 18.5*3-UW i10 IronsSW: Vokey 54Putter: iWi Anser

she clearly kisses hit butt as much as she can. Arnie has a lot of power at TGC.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

she clearly kisses hit butt as much as she can. Arnie has a lot of power at TGC.

This is true. The same reason she was not fired for her comments about Tiger she was only suspended. She also caddied for the King at the Masters Par 3 event a couple years ago. She knows where her bread is buttered. It does get a little sickening though.

IowaChop WITB
Driver:
Hyper X 9*
Fairway Metals:
Big Bertha (2004) 15*, 19*Hybrid:Big Bertha Heavenwood 23*Irons: 4-6 710 CB, 7-PW 710 MBWedges:655TM Fluid Forged Wedge (55/11*) CG 12 DSG 60/3*Putter: Tour Platinum 7801Ball: TP Black LDP
"Lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll...

And furthermore, did anyone notice that on Thursday in the commentary box, after Palmer flat-out said that he felt a little uncomfortable being referred to as 'The King' , Tilghman just kept on referring to him as just that!!
And still is doing...

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

It has been really distracting and I rolled my eyes a couple of times, but I am just trying to watch the golf. I love to hear him talk, but you are right, we don't need to beat a dead horse on the histrionics.

Kelly has a habit of doing this when she talks with or about certain golfers. Unlike Dottie Pepper, who is very professional and candid, Kelly has to overdo it.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Amazing how easily skirts are ruffled!

She's no worse than anyone else at the Golf Channel when it comes to Arnie. Let's not forget, in a way they are all talking to their patron, but more than that, almost everyone is intimidated and deferential when talking to Arnie, at whatever network, or walk of life. The only people you see on camera who aren't are generally Jack and Gary. Even Brandel can't help but call him "Mr. Palmer", which I have no problem with, but is another example.

I've seen all of her and everyone else's air time with Palmer this week, it's not that bad, and not that unusual.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
King Cobra Comp 5w (YS 5.1 Stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

• Administrator
Amazing how easily skirts are ruffled!

Truth there and to the rest of what you said as well.

Besides, it's certainly better than Johnny Miller fawning over himself.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Often, it's not what you say, but how you say it. KT has learned to overdo her prettiness and flirtiness. She overcompensates for this behaviour by deepening her voice. She just doesn't look comfortable with herself and it comes off as unnatural. So when she repeatedly refers to Arnie as "The King" the way she does it with all the body language, it appears odd. This is highly subjective, and is obviously my opinion.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Often, it's not what you say, but how you say it. KT has learned to overdo her prettiness and flirtiness. She overcompensates for this behaviour by deepening her voice. She just doesn't look comfortable with herself and it comes off as unnatural. So when she repeatedly refers to Arnie as "The King" the way she does it with all the body language, it appears odd. This is highly subjective, and is obviously my opinion.

I agree with you. Arnie appeared very uncomfortable with her fawning behavior. In my opinion, he does not want to be put on a pedestal over everyone else. Peter Kessler not only did not bow down before him, he challenged Arnie's opinion on different equipment rules for amateur players. Shortly after that, Peter's contract was not renewed however, and "Golf Talk Live" disappeared. Arnie is well grounded, in my opinion, and two of his "buddies" have been Jake Trout, aka Peter Jacobsen, and John Daly. They did not fawn over Arnie, but did show him proper respect. They did NOT call him "King".

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

TBesides, it's certainly better than Johnny Miller fawning over himself.

AMEN!!!

She just doesn't look comfortable with herself and it comes off as unnatural.

Can you blame her after certain people in the black community wanted her burned at the stake for a joke that just came out wrong.

Although I still agree that she lays it on a little thick.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

man you guys hate her! Lol, I really don't care I try to tune out most sports announcers. As long as it's not johnny miller, andy north or joe buck(thank god he doesn't do golf) I'm ok with it.

Driver: 905r 10.5
3 - Wood: 15degree
hybrid: heavenwood 20 degree
Irons: MP - 32 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey 54 and 60Putter: Anser 2 Belly

If this annoys you i bet you cant even watch the masters coverage with the sound on. Because Jim Nantz is the king of the sycophants. If the butler cabin and hogan's bridge had testicles, jim nantz would wash them.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I don't know what all you guys are complaining about...

This kind of behavior is exactly what EVERY "talking head" in the world is doing to Tiger!

But of course you can't see that! The way these announcers fall all over Tiger all the time, I swear that if they thought they could do it, they'd have Tigers baby!

It's all bad, but it's not all Kelly......

Yes, announcers, in general, are prone to annoying character traits---it boils down to overexposure--after a while, even too much of a good thing becomes tiresome. Many hate Miller, I like him, but can easily see how he could be fingernails on the chalk board to most.

The Euro coverage has the most reserved announcers. They don't seem to overreact and overanalyze. They just let the viewer watch the players play. This style of commentary seems to have disappeared in the states. It's like everyone has the Dick Vitale/ John Madden syndrome.

sorry to stray off topic.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW

I DVR'd TGC's coverage and have watched her bits with Palmer again. She's not "fawning" all over him and he certainly didn't appear uncomfortable, you've really got to stretch to make some of the claims about her in reference to her "stage time" with Arnie. This is blown way out of proportion.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
AP1 4,5; AP2 6-P; Vokey 252 08, SM56 14, SM60 08 (Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Regular)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

Tilghman is dreadful. I've

So there was no reason to say that, either? Couldn't resist.

909D3 (Voodoo, stiff)
Newport 2 Mid Slant

Note: This thread is 5472 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!