IGNORED

Recommendations on a new 56* wedge

Note: This thread is 5455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am in the market for a new wedge. What's your recommendation?

This is really a thread for the equipment section of our forum... but I would recommend you try as many as you can, as wedges are very personal. That being said, my choice for 2+ seasons has been Cleveland 588 DSG's, and this year I'm switching to Solus 7.1 tours.

is $$$ an object? if you want to go cheap (but well made), try the Tour Edge Spin Milled Wedges. I use them and LOVE them. you can pick them up very cheap on ebay when they are available.
if $$$ is no object, then go the Vokey, Callaway, Scratch, etc, route...

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOUR-EDGE-JMAX-M...3286.m20.l1116

http://cgi.ebay.com/MINT-TOUR-EDGE-B...3286.m20.l1116

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Tour-Edge-Ba...3286.m20.l1116

Scratch wedges can go up to $299 from their custom shop. Read the reviews and comments from the main site. Here is a link to Scratch if you want to check them out...
Bobby Jones , Cleveland CG12 , Vokey are a few more to read up on, depending on price range and prefference.... also worth your consideration is wedge bounce and grind and what it means to your shot potential.

Ping i-Wedge is money from sand if you need extra help there. Has a special sole grind to facilitate the bunker shot.
Driver: G15 12*    /     FW: Exotics CB1 4-wood,   a4OS 5-wood
Hybrids Hi-bore 3,4-hybrids  /   Irons: G10 5-UW TFC 129i
Wedge Vokey SM 56*   /   Putter: Karsten Anser 

There are so many nice wedges out there.
Vokey, Scratch, Cleveland CG line, Mizuno. Even the Taylormade's are nice.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

This is really a thread for the equipment section of our forum...

Isn't that the forum that were in?

And why no love for the Nike SV wedges? Great wedges in my mind...

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

bridgestone west coast design liquid copper. most agressive face and deepest grooves. your ball will look like you hit it with a chainsaw, but the ball will back the F up. cheap too.

In my Bag:

Tour Burner 9.5* ProLaunch Red Shaft
Baffler TWS & DWS Hybrids: 2,4
Irons: 09 Burners 4-AWWC Liquid Copper SW 56*WC Liquid Copper LW 60*Putter: Black OZ T130 TP Black

If you had to choose between the Cleveland CG12 and CG14 which would you go with?

I've had both and personally, I think I like the CG14 better. It just feels a little better. The only downside is that some people hate the little yellow triangle in the back, but I didn't have a problem with that since I couldn't see it at address anyway.

Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Can't go wrong on a vokey. I never understood what all the hype was about until i got one. I've got 2 now and I've improved my chipping ALOT.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

• Administrator
Isn't that the forum that were in?

One of our moderators moved the thread to the Golf Equipment forum after the post you quoted and your response...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the looks of the CG12 over the CG14

Driver: ...... Ping G400 Max
Woods: ..... Ping G410 3 & 5
Hybrids: ... Titleist 818 21° & 25°
Irons: ........ Titleist 718 AP1 6 - GW
Wedges: ... Titleist Vokey ... 52° & 56°
Putter: ....... Rife 400 Mid Mallet  /  Ball: ... Snell MTB Red / Yellow

I would go with a Wishon Micro CX 56*. Micro grooves narrow gaps are closer together with milling grooves. Gaps being closer together causes you to have 5 gooves to make contact with the ball inseed of 3 that you get with a regular wedge, along with milling lines and you get 500 rpm more ball spin, than a club with wide grooves.........

http://www.wishongolf.com/designs_de...=6&dType;=wedge

Golf bag all Wishon golf clubs.
Cameron putter.

I hit the course for the first time yesterday equipped with new 52.08, 56.08 and 60.8 Vokey SM wedges.

Holy ****, these are incredible. They easily saved me 5 strokes, maybe more. The course is a wind-whipped, links course with greens like sandpaper. I hit all three wedges throughout the round and they all hit and checked immediately. Incredible. I cannot say enough about these wedges.

I'm sure most of the wedges being produced today are very good, I can only speak to my playing experience with the Vokeys. Wow!
What's in the bag...

Driver --- G15 9* Aldila Serrano
3 Wood - Sumo2 15* Aldila NV
5 Wood - Versus 19* Mitsubishi Bassara 83Irons ---- X-Forged 4 - PWWedges - Vokey S.M. 52.08, 56.08 & 60.08Putter --- Futura PhantomBall ------ Tour i(s)

I'm a big fan of the Mizuno wedges, either the MP-T or the MP-R. I currently play the R because they look more like the MP-60 irons that I am playing.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I have a cg 12 copper 56* and I like it... Its getting time for a new set of wedges tho.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

Note: This thread is 5455 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!