IGNORED

Tiger Woods Specs

Note: This thread is 5502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anyone know what Tiger plays including shafts? I don't know if this was just me but it looked like he was playing Project X on his woods. I was just curious as to Tiger has in his bag
Driver- SuperTri 9.5*
Wood- 906 F2 13*
Hybrids- Rescue TP 17*
Irons(4-PW)- R9 TP w/ KBS Tour
Wedge-ZTP 52* w/ KBS Tour Wedge-58* VokeyPutter- Studio Select New Port 2 Mid-SlantBall-TP Black/Red

driver is a 8.5 (maybe 7.5 liek his old one) and a Whiteboard 83X
13 and 19 degree SQ2 both with blueboard 103X
Irons 3-PW are the VR with X100
Wedge Sand is a SV, 60 is VR, both with S400
Putter is a scotty custom.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

golf pride tour velvet cord grips

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

His irons and wedges are 1 up, and im not sure of the length. His sw is actually a vr, while his 60 is an SV.

Laxplayer, i thought his 3 wood is 15*, at least thats what is says on his website.

Dont forget that his driver is actually the 380cc Dymo.

In my vaporlite carry bag
DRIVER ft-5. 9* Mitsubishi Diamana BlueBoard 73 X-stiff
FWY WOOD: 980F 15 EI-70 X Stiff
Hybrid: Burner tour launch 4 hybrid
IRONS mp-57 4-pw with project x 6.5 shaftsPUTTER: Rossa Classic AGSI+ Monte Carlo WEDGES vokey spin milled oil can 52.08, 58.12Niblick 42*

Driver: Nike SQ DYMO Prototype 8.5°

Tiger Woods Equipment. Wikipedia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods#Equipment
Dont forget that his driver is actually the 380cc Dymo.

I don't understand this... why is he using a smaller driver? Which are the benefits?

Greetings

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Workability :)

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

• Administrator
Workability :)

And easier to hit a draw. And better to look at.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And easier to hit a draw. And better to look at.

Actually thats a good point I wanted to ask at some point in the past - smaller driver heads allow for more workability. And as you state 'easier to hit a draw' - wouldn't that exacerbate Tiger's snap hook?

In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

i dont think tiger hits snap hooks. He might draw a ball more than he wants, but its by no means a "Hook"

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

i dont think tiger hits snap hooks. He might draw a ball more than he wants, but its by no means a "Hook"

True - but snap hook to him probably means just what you said - '...draw a ball more than he wants...'

Sure he does. He hits pulls and pull/draws and hooks now and then.

SubPar

Actually thats a good point I wanted to ask at some point in the past - smaller driver heads allow for more workability. And as you state 'easier to hit a draw' - wouldn't that exacerbate Tiger's snap hook?

Guys who hit the ball in the sweet spot and measure their misshits by one groove benefit from more compact clubheads. They provide more control.

The bigger clubheads are more forgiving of mishits for those of us who don't hit in the right spot most of the time. But with those you give up a certain amount of workability and control. His so-called snap hook is not much affected by the club design. When you are swinging at 120+ MPH a slight off-timing with the body, hands or arms can send the ball off the reservation. SubPar

he did hit a viscious snap hook on sunday at bay hill...

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

yes he did, they put the "Protracer" on it and it was a big pull hook.

It's going to be insane how good Tiger gets by the end of this season. 2009 will be some kinda comeback. Even if you're already sick of watching him after 3 tourneys.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

^ yeah, but that wasn't a shot that i've really ever seen him hit. It was just tiger, being imperfect, missing the center of the clubface. He hasn't got a 'snap hook' problem.

His snap hook is most likely from having this wrist come through a little too early. At that type of swing speed it would be easy to make this mistake.

As for his club specks, who cares? I'm more concerned about what is in my bag.

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

Note: This thread is 5502 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!