IGNORED

Just when everyone else's season is starting, mine is ending, the fishes are biting.

Sherlockian
Note: This thread is 5476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I go through this dilemma every year. I am an avid bass fisherman as well as golfer, and the two pull me around this time of year. My time is limited so I have to decide which to do when I get a little extra time. It happened this morning. I decided to play golf as the rod and reels were screaming at me. I arrived at the course at 08:00 and it was already packed. The 1st and 10th holes had 4-5 carts backed up on them. Guess what, I went back home, grabbed my gear, and went fishing. 3 hours of no waiting for slow play, no waiting for people who shouldn't be playing off the blues, no waiting for ball hunters, no shanks, no fliers, no fats shots, no frustration at myself, and I caught a 4# and a 6# Largemouth on top of the little ones. I got home relaxed and almost serene. I guess my handicap will start going up again.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

I hear ya, I love bass fishing. A course near me used to have a golf/fish tournament, they had ponds filled with bass. You'd play a few holes, then fish for 20 minutes, and so forth. The winner had some kind of combination of lowest score/most fish. It was really cool.

Works out for me!
When winter comes, i begin to ice fish! Summer is golf!
But Bassfishing is awsome too! I guess you gotta find the balance

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Fish mornings and golf afternoons or vice versa.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

3 perfect sports... golf, hunting, hockey... golf in spring and summer, hunt in the fall and play hockey all winter.

Actuallity is I play golf all year, hockey fall and winter, and hunt when I can, but it sounded good didn't it.

I used to do a lot of bass fishing with my pops when I was younger... lately I've been missing it, maybe because I don't see my dad as much, maybe just because it was fun... I'll have to find someone with a boat around here I guess... that and bring all my fishing gear down here from Michigan.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I hear ya, I love bass fishing. A course near me used to have a golf/fish tournament, they had ponds filled with bass. You'd play a few holes, then fish for 20 minutes, and so forth. The winner had some kind of combination of lowest score/most fish. It was really cool.

that sounds cool.

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

I do a lot of fishing too. I try to play golf after work and plan fishing on weekends since it usually takes longer at least for me.

Driver: 905r 10.5
3 - Wood: 15degree
hybrid: heavenwood 20 degree
Irons: MP - 32 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey 54 and 60Putter: Anser 2 Belly

I you really want serene, take up flyfishing.

As an added bonus, the amount of money that you can spend on that makes golf feel downright cheap by comparison!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry for hijacking this thread but this prompted a somewhat related question...

How many of the courses that you play allow fishing on the ponds as well?

We just switched from a private club where fishing was allowed to a semi-private club where it is discouraged. My son is somewhat dissapointed as he too is split between fishing and golfing.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

I you

Been There, Done That!!!

That's how the fishing addiction started in the first place. No natural trout in Alabama, but plenty of bluegill and related. I landed my first popper bass when I was 7 years old. Now I throw hardware instead of flies, but believe me, it ain't cheap. We have the tackle enthusiasts and manufacturers that cater to those of us that will spend $1000 on a rod and $500 on a reel.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

Note: This thread is 5476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!