IGNORED

Dress code at tour event?

jrm1493
Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife and I are going to the Houston Open on Friday... she asked if she could wear jeans (supposed to be cool and sunny). Does anyone know if that is ok for spectators? The website just says shirts and shoes are required, which seems kinda vague.

I was just planning on wearing normal golf clothes (with tennis shoes).

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

Well its in texas and they posted a shoe/shirt rule. I think it should be ok. Ladies usually look pretty classy in jeans anyway. More so than men.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Unless SHO has different rules from any professional tournament I've ever been to, including the 2008 U.S. Open, jeans should be fine. Some people wear golf clothing, some people don't.

Enjoy the SHO. Looks like you've got a great field coming in.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, at the events I've been too, jeans are all over the place. T-shirts too.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

yeah... jeans likely are fine... but I always dress the same as if I were playing, with the exception of my golf shoes.

funny story... last year I went to watch the US Amauter... on one hole I got pine straw in my crocs... took them off to get it out, but stopped as Ketlering is about to hit (I'm standing right behind him)... just so happened that I was in the TV shot standing behind him barefoot, shoes in hand... looked like a total goofball. Best part is I have it on DVR... my wife thought it was hilarious.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

My wife and I are going to the Houston Open on Friday... she asked if she could wear jeans (supposed to be cool and sunny). Does anyone know if that is ok for spectators? The website just says shirts and shoes are required, which seems kinda vague.

If anything you will be overdressed. Be comfortable. I think they just want to make sure that people don't just rock up without shirts and need to cover themselves for OH&S; reasons regarding footwear. The most important thing is comfy shoes! It can be a long day at a golf tournament. 8 hours for me at the Aussie Open last year.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Jeans will definitely be ok. I've seen so many dressed up women at golf events – I'm talking high-heels, frilly dresses, the works – never mind golf shoes and a collared shirt. Important thing is for her to be comfortable.

Just don't do like the guy following Tiger all weekend and wear a New England Patriots jersey. It looks kinda under-dressed. If you're going to wear a jersey, at least make it a 49ers jersey!

Dress for the weather and wear whatever you want.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!