IGNORED

Just played with Rory McIlroy

msd3075
Note: This thread is 5488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got home from playing with Rory McIlroy in the Pro-Am for the Shell Houston Open. I was a little worried he'd be the stuck up little bratty kid, but he was an absolute joy to play with. He was kind of quiet for the first few holes, but after that he opened up and we joking with us the entire time. He said that Redstone was setup just like Augusta and the only differencehe saw was that greens aren't as hilly. He was telling me and my caddie about who was a jerk on tour; as soon as we asked, he almost immediatly blurted out "Rory Sabatini". He also said they were quite a few FIGJAM's on tour (F*** I'm Good, Just Ask Me). All in all he was great to play with. I have a bunch of pictures my wife took, but I can't upload them until I get on my computer tomorrow.

I'm sorry, anything written or said on the 1st of April I have hard to believe.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

that's awesome - it's good to hear that he's not a brat. he seems like he's got a solid head on his shoulders. i hope he fares well on tour in the next couple of years.

did i just get had? is this a 4/1? ah well, either way, everything i said still stands. :P

• Administrator
Sounds like the kid might just need to learn to keep his mouth shut. Badmouthing other people can't be a good long-term strategy.

Of course, that's if the story's true and accurate.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wow, you're lucky! For sure a great experience. Hope that we can take a look at the pictures. Who are the FIGJAM's, tell me! LOL! Congratulations!

Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Sounds like the kid might just need to learn to keep his mouth shut. Badmouthing other people can't be a good long-term strategy.

No joke here, I really did play with him. I'm typing this from my iPhone right now, but tomorrow when I get on my computer I'll post pictures.

And he wasn't bad mouthing people on his own; my caddie was provoking Rory. One of my father's friends and his son are in town from Calgary for the week. The son caddied for me. His dad is one of the owners of the Calgary Flames (NHL team), so he used to joking around with athletes like that. He also caddies for his dad in the Bob Hope Pro-Am every year, and most of the pros Rory spoke of were people they played with.

Wow, you're lucky! For sure a great experience. Hope that we can take a look at the pictures. Who are the FIGJAM's, tell me! LOL! Congratulations!

The person he said that in reference to was Daniel Chopra. My caddie's father had just recently played with him, so that's what brought it all up.

Thats awsome! I bet he was so good, its probably unbelievable!
But at least he talked and wasnt a totaly ass ya know?

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

Let's hope that Rory McIlroy, Rory Sabattini and Daniel Chopra don't read this site.

It won't be hard to figure out that a son of one of the owners of the Calgary Flames goes around badmouthing professional golfers he's either met or played with at the Bob Hope and Shell Houston Open.

That will be the easiest way to find yourself not invited to any future Pro-Ams.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

You are a lucky dude!

Sumo 5000 UST V2 S
906F2. UST X. 13*
Sumo2 hybrid 2. X flex. 17*
X Forged. Project X 5.5:
RAC 50* Vokey 54* and 58* Cherry bomb Newport 2 35" One Black

Let's hope that Rory McIlroy, Rory Sabattini and Daniel Chopra don't read this site.

Why is everyone taking this so seriously???

So how did you shoot?

Sumo 5000 UST V2 S
906F2. UST X. 13*
Sumo2 hybrid 2. X flex. 17*
X Forged. Project X 5.5:
RAC 50* Vokey 54* and 58* Cherry bomb Newport 2 35" One Black

Why is everyone taking this so seriously???

Agreed! It's not as if Rory S. is Gandhi...I find it hard to believe that anybody would come to his rescue.

TaylorMade R11S TP Blur 60 X
TayloreMade R11S TP Blur 70 X

Titleist 910H 21&24
Miura Tournament Blades 5-PW DGX100 Tour Issue
Cleveland CG16 52

Miura Black Wedge 56, 60
Newport 2 Teryllium Ten

Titleist ProV1x

haha thats a great story and hilarious! a great experience playing with these type of golfers but tbh id have thought it might have been better for rory to not bad mouth other professionals! still quality though haha!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

So how did you shoot?

Our group ended up at -10. It was a best ball format using the best of each hole from either the pro or us with strokes. I picked up on 2-3 holes just to speed things up, but my score probably would have been low to mid 80's. Rory had only one birdie, but I doubt he was trying all that hard.

yeah, but it's no secret that Sabatini is an asswad, and surely many of the guys out there think they are good (because they are). I think having a small chip on your shoulders would be a good thing for a pro.

That's sick man! Rory's one of my favorites in pro golf.

that's a good April fools joke!

obviously an April Fool's joke. Rory Sabatini a jerk,c'mon.

yeah... we've all heard such good things about him.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Note: This thread is 5488 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!