IGNORED

Just played with Rory McIlroy

msd3075
Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

^^^Nice pics! I wish... at least I could play in a course like that. For sure it was an awesome experience, again, congratulations!

Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Rory's such a cool kid...He handles the pressure so well. I saw an interview where he was showered with compliments. They told him that his swing was better than Tiger's when he was 19 and all that stuff and he just said that he was grateful and hopes to keep progressing. Gotta love that attitude. Hopefully he wins a buttload of majors in the future.

Everyone in our group was wishing him luck this week and next week at Augusta. I told him just to have fun next week and to enjoy every minute of it; he seemed to open up a bit and gave me a little grin. He just seems so composed for a 19 year old.

It amazes me to read that someone who has the good fortune to play with Rory McIlroy knows so little about the game that he thinks that he might be a stuck up brat, despite the fact that every interview you've seen, every article, every fellow player comment emphasises what a genuinely nice, friendly, modest and humble person he is.

What I meant by that is he's so young and so "privledged" now that he's so famous that who knows how much of it could have already gone to his head. What's printed in articles or how well a player gives an interview isn't always a reflection of his true character.

I don't follow pro golf very closely except occasionaly what's televised during the tournament. I have never seen him give an interview nor have I read much on him in depth. Needless to say, the perception people have of him being a truely genuine young man is really how he is in person. He almost seemed shy like he was intimidated by us instead of it being the other way around.

Very cool stuff... Nice pics... Thanks for sharing, that is definitely an event that you will always remember... And if Rory does what most think he will do in his career you can say you played with one of the best... Good for you my man!

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

great pics man... it must have been a good time, hopefully I'll get to play in one sometime.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Driver - Taylor Made 09 Burner.
3 Wood - Callaway Diablo.
Hybrid Irons - Adams A30S
Wedges - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. 56*, 60* Taylormade Rac.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1.

Needless to say, the perception people have of him being a truely genuine young man is really how he is in person. He almost seemed shy like he was intimidated by us instead of it being the other way around.

This is what I would expect. You have had a great experience -wish it was me!!!! You hear some shocking stories about how some pros behave in pro ams so you probably got a better deal than most.

For example: Star player's caddy to pro am partners on first tee. "Please don't talk to "star player" because this is the first time he's played the course"

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Cool stuff man - thanks for the pics

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I just got home from playing with Rory McIlroy in the Pro-Am for the Shell Houston Open. I was a little worried he'd be the stuck up little bratty kid, but he was an absolute joy to play with. He was kind of quiet for the first few holes, but after that he opened up and we joking with us the entire time. He said that Redstone was setup just like Augusta and the only differencehe saw was that greens aren't as hilly. He was telling me and my caddie about who was a jerk on tour; as soon as we asked, he almost immediatly blurted out "Rory Sabatini". He also said they were quite a few FIGJAM's on tour (F*** I'm Good, Just Ask Me). All in all he was great to play with. I have a bunch of pictures my wife took, but I can't upload them until I get on my computer tomorrow.

Great stuff.

Not only did you get to play with the future world #1 golfer, but you got a confirmation what everyone suspects about Sabbatini.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5497 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!