IGNORED

Fred Couples...........

MSDOGS1976
Note: This thread is 5470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I follow golf quite a bit and watch a lot of TGC, but I missed this. I was reading an article on Fred today in Golf Magazine and the article mentioned that his wife died in February. Plus I learned they split up(not divorced) 4 years ago. Not that splitting up is golf news, but surprised I had not heard about this. And his first wife commited suicide back in 2001, long after their divorce.

Poor old Freddie has had a tough time in his personal life. Seems like a care free no troubles kind of guy, but not really the case.

http://celebgalz.com/fred-couples%E2...members-baker/

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Yeah, just read that article... Good to read that Freddie wants to play the Champions Tour... I'll watch more often is he tees it up

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

by far my favorite player on tour. He has no luck

Driver: 905r 10.5
3 - Wood: 15degree
hybrid: heavenwood 20 degree
Irons: MP - 32 3-PW
Wedges: Vokey 54 and 60Putter: Anser 2 Belly

Wait a minute. I thought Fred got caught flying his GF(on the side) to his tournaments a few years ago? Is this the reason for the seperation? That is terrible about his wife though...I had not heard that either.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wait a minute. I thought Fred got caught flying his GF(on the side) to his tournaments a few years ago? Is this the reason for the seperation? That is terrible about his wife though...I had not heard that either.

Haven't heard that about the GF on the plane... Freddie's luck with women doesn't seem to be too good

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

This has been a few years ago. I am pretty sure I heard that. I really like Fred..expecially his swing.

Bryan A

just read it too... good article. Good to see he'll be on the champions tour a bit. He'll be the first golfer I have followed on the PGA who will be playing the Champions tour.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Well, a strong showing by Freddie at the Shell Houston Open... As always I was rooting for him to win... Any chance he can make some putts next week and be in contention? That would be a great story...

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Freddie is a grate guy and I have been following him for years. I think he will be grate on the champions tour if he choses to play there, we have a tournament in the town a live in and would be following him around next year if he joins the tour. Grate job today at the shell, if he would not of had that bad chip on 15 to get him in a funk i think he would of been in the playoffs too.

Idea Irons tight lies
R5 duel
PW
Putter I-series
bag Home Course Pondaros RIP

Fred C is one of my favorite putters. He makes the putts that everyone would consider two putting. Gotta love Fred and good to know he's still playing the great game after so much in his life.

----------------------------------------------------------------
What's in My Bag?
Driver - R9 460 10.5* UST Proforce V2
F Wood - SQ2 3W 15* UST Proforce V2
Hybrid - Baffler DWS 20* Fujikura SpeederIrons - Pro CB (4-PW) Project X 6.0Wedges - CG14 52* CG12 56* & CG15 DSG 60* Putter - Studio...

His first wife took him to the cleaners in divorce court something like 50,000 a month in alimoney.She was big into the polo set and yes she did commit suicide a few years back.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

It's odd....his luck with wives has been very bad yet, ironically, he could have his pick of any woman out there.

It never ceases to make me laugh when you see him strolling around at Augusta and hear the women in the gallery talk about him.....young and mature gals alike....all relish Freddie.

I left my wife on the tee at number 10 one year (Wednesday practice round)so I could step over to the practice green and watch them putt and see who was coming out next. When I got back to her a few minutes later she made this fanning motion and faked swooning....said that Freddie had just walked up and he smiled at her...it was hilarious.

Couples has a great swing and is fun to watch him crank 'em out there.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

He sure looked like he didn't think he could win coming down the stretch yesterday. But even in his heyday, he had trouble finishing off a tournament. Amazing how well he did though. Almost 50 and has had 2 good chances to win this year. Would love to see him and Norman have a good week at the Masters.

I had not heard about his gf on the side mentioned earlier here. That might explain why his daughter in law won't have anything to do with him.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I think he just ran out of steam this weekend. He played a lot of consecutive golf with the delays and what not. I think he will do well at Augusta.

Bryan A

My impression of Freddy is that he is part introvert and part loner.....I would guess that he has a very close circle of friends and treats them like family....he loves his sports and his lifestyle...when it all adds up, I don't think he is the ideal canidate for a longstanding relationship.

That's not a knock on Freddy in the slightest...he just needs to find a very independant, very loving, very understanding woman who, above all else, wants Freddy to be happy...

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

He's too cool for school. He's a loner, looks sort of disintrested while playing.

Nothing at all wrong with that, got the skills and bank account to show for it. But like previous posts...he's seems to have a tight circle of friends. Admits he looks for the quickest way out after a tournament, not a big fan of a -graphs.

But I wish him well, always fun when he is in contention.

Lots of the younger guys bring their own sharpie marker and sign the whole line, gotta like that.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Always liked Freddie. Had the talent to win way more in the early 90s, but ran into Faldo's determination, Norman's long number one dominance, and Price's hot streak. Tormented by a bad back and the aforementioned issues. He seems to do really well in match play and skins (Shell's WWOG and Wendy's 3 tour challenge---very loyal to both events) Great tempo and style to his swing, a natural golfer, clearly loves the game. Tries not to show too much emotion, but wears his heart on his sleeve.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 5470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!