IGNORED

So North Korea launches a rocket.........

Lemay427
Note: This thread is 5483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do we let it slide or end that sh*thole of a country with a nuke??

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Here's what we will do... discuss it with the UN for several weeks, let France, China, and everyone else have their say... then maybe the UN will impose sanctions and we will support such action (or lack thereof).

what we should do... same as Rome did for several hunreds of years... control the entire world. We are the FIRST country to have the power to control much of the known world and to NOT use such power.

Rome - used it (very well I might add)
Greece - used it (also a model empire)
Ottoman Empire - used it
Brittain - used it
Spain / Portugal - used it
Habsburgs - used it
Soviet Union - tried
France - tried and did to an extent
Germany - tried
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

Shocking that a Missourian and a North Carolinian want the US to "control the entire world" and "end (a country) with a nuke".

Kim Jong-il needs to go, yes, but the people of the country have suffered enough.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Shocking that a Missourian and a North Carolinian want the US to "control the entire world" and "end (a country) with a nuke".

I'm actually a Michigander... just moved to NC less than a year ago. And who's to say I don't think that the people would suffer much less if the US had the balls to just control everything, or at the least a lot more than we do. I don't know what would happen if the US just said screw the UN, screw China, screw everyone and pretty much did as it pleased, but with some sense of moral guidance and humanitarian goals... but it would be interesting to find out. The fact that genocides still happen fairly often in Africa and that suicide bombers are allowed to spread their message w/o too much danger of being killed or stopped leads me to believe that the UN is one of the most ineffective organizations ever to hold political power or otherwise. But I guess if you want to just keep believing that we are on the right track, and that the US being MORE involved in other countries affairs would be a bad thing... you have that right.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I'd bet the China would block any UN sanction or other meaningful action.

And what can you do, really? Any sanction would just end up starving MORE people. That country needs a revolution, plain and simple.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

The whole world you say? Let's see there's 140000 American troops in Iraq, multiply that by 195 countries in the world that's about 27 million troops. Better get down to your nearest enrollment office son. Ah wait there's like 1.4 billion Chinese and 1.2 billion Indians so y'all are probably gonna need a few more troops for those ones so you might need to get breeding too. Oh that doesn't make any sense you say? Who'd have thought controlling the whole world wouldn't make any sense?

I think we have learned that taking out a leader (Iraq) is not that effective method and only puts US soldiers in harms way. The leaders/citizens are backwards thinkers. If these countries do not want to cooperate, then dont fire rockets/missiles etc. I feel saddened by the way n. koreans are treated as individuals but at the same time I feel threatened by n. koreas actions. I know they have done this in the past to recieve more aid or whatever, but given the time you can never be too sure.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

that was a good quick decision for the americans and the japanese, they didn't shoot down the missile, sactions would be enough, north korea better make sure they dont angry the japanese south koreans and americans more or watch out!

some very interesting responses,thus far....I know that sanctions against an already broken and destitute country is meaningless. I also understand that desperation can result in terrible destruction.I believe that the UN is a far cry from what it was developed to be, tho it's better than having every nation fending for themselves.I also believe that Korea only wants attention, and would use any means to obtain it. I know that China cannot be trusted, nor can Russia, so looking to them for helping in this matter would be a waste of effort.I do believe that Korea would nuke the US, or at the very least our troops stationed in S.Korea, in an attempt to re-unite both Koreas under 1 Leader...and that would most definately be Kim Jong-il, thru hook or crook.
we'd be well served to keep our warships anchord REAL close to S. Korea, just in case....

Here's what we will do... discuss it with the UN for several weeks, let France, China, and everyone else have their say... then maybe the UN will impose sanctions and we will support such action (or lack thereof).

Brilliant!

http://www.alternet.org/audits/60489/?page=1 Disturbing read, reality check.

Driver -Callaway Diablo 10 deg
3 Wood - Callaway Big Bertha
Utility - TaylorMade Rescue 22 Deg
Irons - Wilson PI 7, 4-PW
Wedges - Vokie SM 52.08, 56.14, 60.10 Putter - Scotty C NewportBall - Titleist Pro V1

...suicide bombers are allowed to spread their message w/o too much danger of being killed...

I don't think they care if they die.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I don't think they care if they die.

probably not... we should just kill their wives and children then.

As to everyone who takes every word I say about global political issues to heart... I would remind them that this is a GOLF db and I might just say certain things about politics to elicit a response. I don't really think the US should control the world... I do think we have a role in policing other nations and protecting certain humanitarian rights, etc. I also believe in protecting our economic interests to an extent. Take from that what you will... I'm not here to debate politics or otherwise.

Plain and simply, there is zero authority for the US to insert itself militarily or otherwise into the affairs of other nations, unless we are directly attacked and Congress declares war, with its attendant limitations.

If you have a bleeding heart for the people of the world, which I do, you should seek private channels to help them. The US federal government has not authority in such matters.

The US federal government's authority is clearly enunciated in a little document called the Constitution, and in summary, that document was written to severely limit a central power by defining a handful of things it could do, giving the rest of the authority to the states, and ensuring the fundamental freedoms, rights, and liberty of the citizenry.

Heading half way around the world on the taxpayer's dime to protect mythical "interests" just ain't allowed.

If you wanna do something about it, find like-minded individuals, and be my guest. That's what I do, it's how this country was designed to operate, and in the end, it's the best way for a people of varying philosophies and interests to peacefully coexist.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

probably not... we should just kill their wives and children then.

I agree..too bad that's exactly what we've become to many,many smaller/weaker nations over the past 50 years...it started with the Korean conflict in 1950....

I don't really think the US should control the world...

I agree..too bad that's exactly what we've become to many,many smaller/weaker nations over the past 50 years...it started with the Korean conflict in 1950....

Why?

Ignoring N. Korea for a minute, it seems everyone here so far has a problem with Iraqi, or Iranian suicide bombers. These suicide bombers and associated radicals are trying to protect their own interests and promote muslim and sharia ideology in other countries. Anyone thinking the US should should police is effectively doing the same thing. You might think its different because you believe you are right, or God is with you, but these people believe they are right and that Allah is with them. In both cases the respective countries media back this up with stories that suit the appropriate viewpoint. Why is it wrong for these nations to do it, but right for the US? Why is it wrong for these nations to have nuclear technology but not the US?

Why?

1st, I don't see the US solely targeting defensless civilians, like the bombers do.... they use lethal indescriminate tactics to disrupt and punish those that in any way oppose their beliefs. they do NOT tolerate diversity of religion, in any way, shape, or form.not only must you be a Muslim, but you MUST be of their sect to be allowed any acceptance. we've had nuclear capabilities since 1945, and have used it only to end WW2. not once has it been utilized against ANY nation. thoise "others" you speak of would not hesitate to use that destructive power to further their agendas. anyone who honestly believes that N.Korea or Iran(and subsequently other MidEast Arab nations) wouldn't fire off a missle onto any one of their enemies is living in a dream world. they know no other way than to use whatever might they can muster. our having nukes, or overwhelming firepower, is the only thing keeping N.Korea from another invasion to the South. Once they have nuclear capabilities, they won't have the same amount of hesitation. same applies to Iran, in their dealings with Israel( and Israels' allies). we use nukes in the same fashion that the Romans used their Armies... peace thru superior strength. that mindset will not be shared by other radical nations. their hasn't been real peace in the MidEast for centuries,can you imagine how things would escalate with Iran having nukes? same for Il's regime.

Do we let it slide or end that sh*thole of a country with a nuke??

Fortunately, you don't control the little red button.

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5483 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!