IGNORED

My swing totally fell apart

TomDonS
Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played in a tourney yesterday and my swing collapsed. Didnt start off that great but kept it at even par for 8. I havent shot above 77 for 3 years. I shot 37-48. My ball flight was lazy short, and WAY too high and either a block fade or a pull draw. I am lost and don't know what happened.

:taylormade: R9 9.5d with Fujikura Motore 65 Stiff
ss-07 13deg 3 wood Graphite Design Purple Ice 85-S
Md-17 1i/4w UST V2 Tour Hybrid X
A3 Pro 20 Tour Prototype Mitsubishi Javln X
MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

I played in a tourney yesterday and my swing collapsed. Didnt start off that great but kept it at even par for 8. I havent shot above 77 for 3 years. I shot 37-48. My ball flight was lazy short, and WAY too high and either a block fade or a pull draw. I am lost and don't know what happened.

Sorry to hear that. Nothing to do with your stack and tilt conversion?

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have no idea. I am now lost when I stand over the golf ball. I'm in the opposite of the zone.

MP 57 4,5,6 Project X 6.5 MP 67 7,8,9 Project X 6.5 Vokey 200 series 48d Project X satin 6.5/ Vokey 09SMTC 54.11...

Have you hit the range yet? I normally hit the range after a round that something wasn't quite right.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

Have you hit the range yet? I normally hit the range after a round that something wasn't quite right.

That was the first thing I did. My timing was garbage and I think i started my downswing with my hands instead of moving through with my lower body to start the fluid motion.

Does this sound like it would cause my problem. Good thing is my shortgame and putting was there. THANK GOD!!!!

Is the top of your back swing stable? If so, do you pause for a moment at the top of the swing? Also, was your swing plane different then normal at the tournament?

Driver - Taylor Made 09 Burner.
3 Wood - Callaway Diablo.
Hybrid Irons - Adams A30S
Wedges - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. 56*, 60* Taylormade Rac.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1.

Do you have any golf buddies with whom you regularly play whose observations you trust? If they're used to seeing you swing, maybe they'll notice the difference.

Otherwise have you considered taking a break for a day or two? Sometimes things like this happen and it's just a matter of letting a bad habit blow over. Sometimes I worry that I'm further embedding the wrong swing into my muscle memory if I over practice to work out problems.

Lastly, you might want to see a professional swing doctor...

In My Hunter Bag:

SQ Sumo2 5900 Driver 10.5
SQ Sumo2 3w 15
A3OS 4 Hybrid 4-PW x20 Uniflex Steel Tom Watson Chrome 52, 56, 60 Sudio Stainless Laguna 2.5 Raw Distance TitaniumGo Bears

Do you have any golf buddies with whom you regularly play whose observations you trust? If they're used to seeing you swing, maybe they'll notice the difference.

I took a 6 month break. That could be it. I spent yesterday watching swing sequence videos and then hit the range. 100% difference. I was not starting my swing with my lower body causing a casting steep angle impact throwing off my timing power and accuracy. I over did my lower body turn until my timing came through and I am now PURING everything. Thanks for all the tips guys it really helped work me through this. I'll let you know how the next round goes.

My timing was garbage and I think i started my downswing with my hands instead of moving through with my lower body to start the fluid motion.

That sounds like two things I'd focus on. Smooth tempo and downswing with the hips are two of the four precepts I teach.

I don't however particularly like spending hours on the range banging balls. But I think that's the only cure. You know you have a good swing. Just slow down and try to find it again. whoops, too late.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Note: This thread is 5495 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!