IGNORED

For those that walk... carry or push?

Big_M
Note: This thread is 4834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. age and equipment used...

• under 21 and carry
    • 21-35 and carry
    • over 35 and carry
    • under 21 and push/pull cart
    • 21-35 and push/pull cart
    • over 35 and push/pull cart

51 overweight and carry. need the exercise. But a lot of courses don't allow walking so probably half my rounds end up riding. Light double strap bag. only 6 balls, and not much more than bare essentials. Old School.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm 21 and I walk and carry 100% of the time, I've only ever played a round riding once in my life. I actually used to use a push cart when I first started playing but switched to a stand bag. I find it easier and quicker because you don't have to walk around greens to get to your ball or to the next hole. I also like having both hands free when I'm walking so I can put my club in the bag and write down scores while I'm on the move which speeds things up a lot. I like the rhythm I get into when I'm carrying and I think I'd probably play worse if I had to use a push cart.

Fatigue really isn't a problem if you carry all the time and play often enough. I feel absolutely fine after 18 holes of carrying my bag and I usually have plenty of water and rain gear in there. Your body gets used to the extra weight pretty quickly.

21 push cart.

I always carried until I started playing in a skins league with older guys who all used push carts.

Push carts are definitely the way to go. Only downside is if its muddy out.

Id never use a pull cart though. They suck and you cant just let them roll down a hill.

I'm 23 and I'm probably 50/50 on riding and carrying. I've carried, used to pull cart ($5 fee).

I mean, you walk like five miles...that's gfor the better healthwise.

Way over 35 and carry some days and push some days. Carrying is less of a hassle and truly I don't notice a great deal of difference, especially with a very lite carry bag and a reduced set of clubs. I love to feel the bag on my shoulder and hear the clatter of the clubs.

WITB - about 15lbs. of clubs, a few balls, tees, and a windbreaker

~In true gravity,

G E S

57 and carry.I walk less carrying as I cross over greens and tee boxes and find it much easier on large hills such as 15 on the Black and 1 on the Red at bethpage.I brought my wife a Sun Mountain speed cart and I used it 4 times and like I said on hilly courses it is more work than it is worth.By the way she has only used it twice so go figure.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I have carried, pushed and pulled. I still own my pull cart and my push cart bt prefer to carry my stand bag. I think it's easier. The push cart, especially, puts a lot more strain on my legs on a hilly course. My stand bag's so light I hardly notice it's there. The only hassle is strapping it on and taking it off between shots.

In the Bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher Ultralight XL 270

FW: Taylor Made 300 17 degree 
3-PW: Mizuno MX-23

AW: Mizuno TP-T11 52/07 (Bent to 50)
SW: Mizuno TP-T11 56/10

LW: Mizuno TP-T11 60/05

Putter: Original Ping Zing

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour

I really like to walk. Unfortunately, due to the hilly terrain, some of the tracks around here just don't offer it as an option. But, when it is an option, I'll walk in a minute!

For years I carried my Izzo bag. For a few rounds I pulled a two wheel cart. Lugging that thing up the hills around here killed my back, I went back to carrying.

Then I bought a Sun Mountain V1 push cart, walking was fun again, sooo much better then carrying and light years ahead of the two wheeler.

On day on Craigslist, I found my remote controlled electric cart. Welcome to the new millennium! It beats any other walking round you can imagine.

OK, it doesn't beat an Oakmont caddy, but you save $100 a round....

Here's my cart. It rocks... I Highly recommend you try one

not sure if i'll get much response posting this in the middle of a thread.......

my brother and i kind of debate the effects of carrying your bag while walking.

Anyone have any scientific or anecdotal evidence that shows that at 21 one years old, I'm better off investing in a push cart now rather than later.

Honestly, I carry because of the ease of just grabbing the bag and go...... but MOSTLY because I'm thinking I get more excersice carrying 10lbs of golf crap on my back for 4 miles. I haven't had much time for what i'd consider real and proper excercise lately and I refuse to give up course time :) so I try to make it worth my time more.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

40 years old and walked 50% of the time before messing my knee up a couple of months ago....I've only been riding since.

When I walk I use a Clicgear 2.0.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

50 and always carry.I find its easier than push/pull trollies,as previously mentioned there are no restrictions as to walking across greens ect.Add to that on the odd occasion when I have had to use a buggy (courses outside UK)I always seem to be on the other side of the fairway to the cart track ???.You lug 3 clubs you think you might need over to your ball and it is always one that you left behind that you need.

In The Bag
Mizuno MX 560 Driver
Taylor made 3 wood
Mizuno HIFLI 21*
Mizuno MX 25's 4-pwMizuno MX series wedges 50, 56*/11 & 60*Bettinardi C02 putter4 bottles of pilsner,2 packs cigars

42 and carry (except on weekends)

I have an Ogio stand bag that I carry quite often. I would interested in finding out how much it weighs with all my junk in there. I should probably scale it down as I think it weighs much more than some of the weights being mentioned in this thread.

I also have a pretty nice push cart. I used it quite often when I first received it as a gift from my wife. But I carry most of the time now. My bag never seems to fit quite right on it, seems to short short. I have to put something underneath it so that it reaches the top strap.

My kids have push carts as well but they carry for the same reason I do, the bags don't seem to fit the push carts.

I guess stand carts aren't designed to be used on push carts?

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

37 and carry (and play 36+ holes per week)…never used a pull cart before (and do not plan to in the future). BTW...I hate carts!

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I really like to walk. Unfortunately, due to the hilly terrain, some of the tracks around here just don't offer it as an option. But, when it is an option, I'll walk in a minute!

For anyone interested in one of these, a local guy bought a bunch of these with the intent to lease them to courses for renting out and it just didn't take off. Now he has an inventory of them he wants to get rid of and is selling them for only $239! Here is the link to get them:

http://www.cincigolf.com/cart.htm I have played one of the courses that has them and I liked the way they looked and operated (though I never used one). The course is kind of hilly, but the carts seemed to handle it fine.
Driver: SQ DYMO STR8-Fit
4 Wood: SQ DYMO
2H (17*), 4H (23*) & 5H (26*): Fli-Hi CLK
Irons (5-6): MX-900; (7-PW): MP-60
Wedges (51/6*): MP-T Chrome; (56/13): MP-R ChromePutter: White Hot XG 2-Ball CSPreferred Ball: e5+/e7+/B330-RXGPS Unit: NEOPush Cart: 2.0

Note: This thread is 4834 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!