IGNORED

top five golf states

Ceej
Note: This thread is 4687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

In MA and NY we have some pretty good courses, but i'd say most northern states lose out because they aren't open more than about 8 months.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would say that Oregon has to be somewhere near the top, Washington too... There are really nice people who play golf everywhere, but those two states especially... Also if you ever get the chance to play ski resort golf in Colorado, take it. Breckenridge, Vail, Steamboat... I know it's not year round but that makes it almost more special... I know there is Arizona, Florida and on and on, but I know a guy who moved to Colorado from Mississippi, and he said the greens here are amazing compared to what you get in the south because of the heat... Just a thought... Plus 300+ drives are more common in the thin air!

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

Seminole Golf Club (ranked #22 in the world) is located just north of Palm Beach, Florida in the town of Juno Beach.

Rocketsauce i think was referring to the city Seminole, FL which is a suburb of tampa/st pete

In My Catalina Bag:

Driver: 09 9.5* Burner
Hybrid: Burner 3H 19*
Irons: R7'sPutter: OZ 4Balls: B330 RX

You'd pretty much have to list Florida as the top spot. It's the 26th biggest state by land area, and 4th by population, but has, by far the most courses of any state, 1,481 courses listed. Florida also has more PGA tour events than any other state, is home to the PGA headquarters, Golf Channel, Q-School, the World Golf Hall of Fame, the most famous hole in the world (#17 at TPC Sawgrass) and many others. More pro golfers live in Florida than any other state, including Palmer, Singh, Furyk, Woods, and many more. Florida is the undisputed golf capital of the world, and it's only growing. There's roughly 20 golf courses within a 10 minute drive from my home, and one direction is the ocean. The cost to play in Florida is extremely low compared to most places, and there is not one single part of the state that you can't play year round in.

I agree with everyone who mentioned weather. NY and NJ may have all those super exclusive courses like WF, but even wealthy people have problems getting on as it's more who you know. Throw in traffic and slow play everywhere, expensive and no place to practice, NY is no good.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I agree with everyone who mentioned weather. NY and NJ may have all those super exclusive courses like WF, but even wealthy people have problems getting on as it's more who you know. Throw in traffic and slow play everywhere, expensive and no place to practice, NY is no good.

But we have the best restaurants here in NYC. That has to count for something. ;)

driver: FTiQ
3w-5w: FTi Squareway
4h-5h: SQ Sumo^2
6i-9i: Burner 09
42*, 52*, 56*: CG14 Black Pearl Wedgesputter: Hannaball: bags: cart: 3.0

But we have the best restaurants here in NYC. That has to count for something. ;)

Amen to that - I go to the golf meccas mentioned above and with all due respect, the variety and quality of food is nowhere as good as it is here.

We have music, museums, first run plays, movies, but golf, uh-uh and this is a golf forum. We have people who wait in line to pay $25 for a small bucket of balls to hit into a 200 yard fence off of crappy mats using an automated teeing system that tends to break. You take the good with the bad, I'm just venting.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Amen to that - I go to the golf meccas mentioned above and with all due respect, the variety and quality of food is nowhere as good as it is here.

Yeah, you really gotta appreciate being in Florida if you like golf. I pay $318 a year for unlimited balls, no waiting, real balls (not those stupid limited flight ones), and NO MATS! And if that becomes a problem, there's 10 courses in the area with the same price for the same deal.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm partial to Florida as the top due to the sheer number of courses and accessibility yearround. But, having golfed in Hawaii, it has to be up there on the list. The courses and amazing scenery are unmatched. Imagine golfing into a cloud - it's pretty cool.

golf.com lists dallas as the number 4 city for golf in the u.s. and austin as number 1, i'm inclined to say that texas is the best state for golf. followed by florida, california, new york, and south carolina. fyi, if you ever make it to arkansas they have really beautiful courses as well, and they're pretty cheap. there's just not that many of them.

no idea..but i will post back later this summer...wil be hitting many courses throughout the usa this year

Superlight Stand Bag
909D2 9.5° Diamana S
909F2 15.5° Diamana S
909F2 18.5° Diamana S
AP2 Project X 5.5 3-PW Vokey Spin Milled 52° 56° 60° Studio Select Newport 2 Pro V1Home Course - http://www.huronoaks.com (Home of Mike Weir)

I live in the Sandhills, near the NC/SC border and have 43 golf courses within a 30 mile drive (Pinehurst area), so I'd definately have to put NC/SC on the list. Florida, Texas, Arizona and California would probably round out my top 5.

I have only played in 2 states Michigan and Florida. Played some great courses in both states.

Callaway FT-iq Driver 10.5

TaylorMade Burner Irons 4-AW

TaylorMade Rescue 3

Callaway Diablo 5w

Cleveland 56 and 60 degree wedges

Odyssey 2-ball Putter

You've gotta have AZ up there. You can play golf year round here, not to mention the great courses.
In the Warbird X bag
Driver- Predator 9.5°
Woods- G15 4W
Irons- XMD Iron Set (3H, 4H, 5-PW)
Wedges- SM60.04° WedgePutter- White Hot 2-Ball F7Ball- Gamer V2

Note: This thread is 4687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!