IGNORED

Sergio Garcia is a punk

apex53
Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use to be a huge Sergio fan, however as of late I have somewhat let it go. I love his swing and such, but how he handles himself in front of the media has made me start to dislike him. Someone earlier in this thread was trying to make a case that we don't really know him, but I think this is exactly the point. Not actually knowing him is why how pros handle themselves in public and in the media weighs so much.

Just some other comments about the videos:

1) The GC Interview - You just see the attitude on his face and in his voice. I just don't get what his problem is...if he doesn't like it, why doesn't he just not play? Does anyone know if they are obligated to play in the majors if they qualify? I wouldn't think so.

2) The Spitting Interview - Seems to me that he was caught with his hand in the cookie jar and was just trying to talk his way out of it.

As I write this post I have decided to throw my Sergio fan card in the garbage.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Good God.......he actually had the temerity to complain about the condition of the course?

I think the competition committee should consider exercising their discretion in not inviting him next year. I sure don't think anyone would miss him!

BTW......the 2d half of that just reinforces my opinion that Harrington is a class act.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is why Sergio will never be considered one of the greats of the game. He has the mentality of an adolescent. He has a "oh poor me" loser attitude and you don't become a great champion with that attitude.

SubPar

BTW......the 2d half of that just reinforces my opinion that Harrington is a class act.

At the Shell Open last week, not only was Padraig the only guy to acknowledge anyone on the way from the first green to the second tee, but he actually high-fived a couple kids along the way with a smile on his face.

He's one of my favorites now.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

Ever since Sergio spit in the cup a year or so ago I lost respect for him, and I used to be a huge fan. What a ****in crybaby. If you're flying under the radar, then play better and people won't forget about you. Mudballs, OMG

Driver: G10 9*
3-wood: 909F3 15*
Hybrid: 909H 19*
Irons: 695MBs
Wedges: 56 & 52 64 spin milledPutters:Seemore FGP Spider

If he doesn't like it at Augusta, why does he go? It's not like he is required to play. He receives an invitation that gives him the privilege of playing. No one has a gun to his head.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Ever since Sergio spit in the cup a year or so ago I lost respect for him, and I used to be a huge fan. What a ****in crybaby. If you're flying under the radar, then play better and people won't forget about you. Mudballs, OMG

IN the UK the official golf, or for that matter everyday, descriptor for that kind of chap is "w@nker." Not to be confused with the character played by Gene Wilder in a chocolate factory.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Just watched his interview on GC... What a punk... Class is not this guy's forte

Give him a break.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Give him a break? For what? He can't help himself?

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Man, looks like I'm in the minority here, but I feel completely the opposite of Sergio.

He's actually my favorite golfer. He speaks his mind about rounds afterwards. He says what he feels. And then the media hammers him for it. I agree with most of the stuff he says, actually.

And when I got the chance to briefly meet him, I was more impressed by his personality and so called "class" that you all mention that any other player.

Sergio is one of the nicest guys on tour. When a kid (this was at the Barclays in Paramus, NJ last August) asked for his autograph during one of holes on the back nine, he gave the kid his golf ball and golf glove, and said "Here you go kid, fine me after my round I'll sign both for you."...

He gave me a knuckle "pound" and said "Hey what's up man?" as he passed me when he went from green to tee. After every hole I followed him on for about 5 holes or so, he gave away his ball on 3 out of 5 to little kids who were around. He smiled at everyone and made eye contact and said thank you to those who said nice shot. He was the ONLY player to do this.

And then people who see him in press confrences speak his mind and call him a cry baby and stuff, I hate that because I know he's a really good guy and has more "class" than you guys claim.

Ok, so he's made mistakes. He's made some excuses (which after a while do get old), but at times I really feel he gets a bad wrap from the media and fans such as some of yourselves.

/rant.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

OFFICIAL RETRACTION:

Not so long ago I posted somewhere that Sergio had matured a good deal lately and was no longer the petulant, whining twit stuck in his early teens.

My Bad. The guy's iron play can be magnificent - what a waste.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

If he doesn't like it at Augusta, why does he go? It's not like he is required to play. He receives an invitation that gives him the privilege of playing. No one has a gun to his head.

to be fair if i didnt like a course at all but a major was still being played there then i would go no matter how i feel about the course!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Apparently Sergio or more likely his management team IMG has apologized for his comments after the Masters. Probably trying to put the fire out before he returns to Bethpage

We cant all be gentlemen in the game of golf. I always liked him as a player, think he's got a great swing, he just needs to learn to turn down the "arragant prick" a bit.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

His swing is great, I'd take it in a heartbeat. The issue is that he's trying to place the blame on the course when he's the guy responsible for the scores he shot.

If one person can play the course well then everybody should be able to. Last I checked there's no cyborgs on the PGA Tour. Well except for Tiger.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5489 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!