IGNORED

Golf Bag Repair - Broken Leg

Note: This thread is 5490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've got an IZZO Ultra Light Stand bag and the leg splintered off at the connection point at the top of the bag. It's a number of years old (more than 1 - No Warranty) and IZZO doesn't have replacement parts.

Anyone have any suggestions on repairing a broken leg on a golf bag?

Regards,

Start saving for a new bag. I doubt there is much you can do for it. Tape or glue won't last as much as the leg is used. It probably wouldn't be worth the time or expence to fix it anyway.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

^^Exactly my thinking, by the time you fix it, you could have put that towards a new bag. Even if you just got a cheap one for the time being, that would be better than putting more money into an already busted bag

~Grey
in the nike.gifsasquatch blue/silver bag:
taylormade.gif R580 10.5* driver | mizuno.gif MP-01 13.5* 3-wood | mizuno.gif F-60 18* 5-wood | mizuno.gif MX-200 4-GW |
mizuno.gif MP-T10 56*/13* satin black | mizuno.gif MP-R 60*/9* black Ni | odyssey.gif White Hot 2-ball XG 35" putter |
bridgestone.gif e6

I have a one for sale in the market place section...

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...697#post277697

Sell it to you for a Box of ProV1's or $50 shipped...
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

Here is what I did on my Ping Hoofer bag: I took an old graphite callaway warbird 5 wood I had and cut the shaft at the head and just below the grip. I measured the length needed and cut to fit. I took some club head epoxy and glued into the holder. It works perfect and looks identical due to it being a black shaft!!

It saved me from buying a new bag.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Here is what I did on my Ping Hoofer bag: I took an old graphite callaway warbird 5 wood I had and cut the shaft at the head and just below the grip. I measured the length needed and cut to fit. I took some club head epoxy and glued into the holder. It works perfect and looks identical due to it being a black shaft!!

That's pretty much exactly what a friend of mine did when he broke the leg of his stand bag and it's still going strong. He also put a inch long end piece of a grip on the end to stop it scraping against the ground too much.

Good Job! I love Magyver type repairs. I'm constantly fiddling with stuff to make it work better/last longer. I fashioned my pool cover drain out of some 1/2 inch tubing, a wiffle golf ball (filter) and a busted shaft of a 5 iron that still had the grip. Give me some old parts, some JB weld, my bench vise and a hacksaw, I'll fix it!

Note: This thread is 5490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!