IGNORED

NIKE SasQuatch 2 Steel Fairway Woods

EBA
Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I fell for the marketing pitch...I just got the Nike 5 WOOD for FREE with the NIKE SQ Sumo² 5900 Tour Driver.

How do you feel about the 5 WOOD...or the driver for that matter???

My dad has the original SQ^2 driver. It hits the ball very straight. I wasn't impressed with the distance (10-20 yards shorter), but it could have been the shaft in it. I'd expect if you get the right shaft in it, it would be a great club off the tee.

I've never used a NIKE SQ fairway wood, so no help there. I'd expect the square ones to be very accurate and forgiving.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

Personallly i hate the 5900. Not too big on the FW either.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

How do you feel about the 5 WOOD...or the driver for that matter???

More importantly how do you feel about them?

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

I have not hit either club. I haven't ever had the opportunity, but I really don't like the square drivers. Last fall I was looking at getting a 5-wood, and the square Nike was at the top of my list after I looked at all of them at the golf store. I really liked the setup of the smaller 5-wood. I almost bought one, but I didn't have the money at the time so I didn't. If I had the money I would have bought it to try it out for a while, just a really good look and feel at address IMO.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

I went for the same deal... looking to go out within the next few days... I swung the sumo2 driver along with the taylormade burner and callaway diablo... sumo2 went further and straighter... we'll see how it works on the course now

I jumped on the 2 for $199 deal last week, also.

I've had one brief range session since...and it was windy as heck....hard to get a real picture of the performance / fit.

Gonna get some range time Tuesday afternoon and then play in rounds on Wednesday and Thursday (captain's choice tourney).

I'll post the results and opinions, too.

I can say the driver sound is the most unique of any I've owned. I could get used to it immediately and even learn to relish it providing the desired ball flight is achieved. I also like the fact that both clubs set up very well behind the ball...looking just like my beloved hybrids.....gives me confidence.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I hit my new R9 3 wood as far as I hit my 5900 driver. And the bottom of my 5900 driver is crumpling like a crash test car, and developing a crack.

I'll be looking for a new brand next time around.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I've always been a fan of the Nike Clubs, and I was using the SQ2 5900 for a while and the sq2 3W. I liked them all, the sound and shape didn't bother me. I switched to Titleist only because I got fitted recently and got a great deal on the Titleist clubs. I think you made a good choice, I hope the shafts work to your advantage.

909 D2, 9.5 with Matrix Ozik XCon 5
909 F2, 15.5 3W with Matrix Ozik Xcon 5
909 H, 19 & 24 with stock Aldila Voodoo S
AP2, 5-PW with Project X 5.5
CG10, 52 gap wedge CG10, 56 sand wedge Spin Milled, 60 lob wedge Newport 2.5

More importantly how do you feel about them?

Well I am not ashamed to say that I bought them without even swinging them...and heres why.

I was in the market for a 5 wood...I was looking for a deal...I havent had a lot of luck with the driver this year and into last season...so I saw the combo deal and said go for it. I needed a mental change more than anything and at the price I can afford the risk, I didnt swing it b/c no one around here has any in stock, so i ordered off the web..and took a chance, we will see how it works

hope you like them....they sure set up beautifully behind the ball....sit square (no intended) at address....and the powerbow weight really makes them look more like a traditional rounded back club when you focus on the ball after setup....

5 woods are really handy sticks...I'm willing to bet that you'll enjoy it.
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I got a Nike Sasquatch Fairway 15* after hitting my brothers, i loved it. I bout went for the same deal. Gonna get the Nike Dymo Str8 fit instead. But it all depends on how you like it. I love my nike wood. As long as you can hit it straight you'll be fine. Most people dont like Nike so they'll tell you its junk or something.

Well I was looking for a little pat on the back...and a..."it'll be fine they're good clubs"

I got close enough, I'll let you know what I think...5 wood will be here today and driver is backordered.

I went for the deal also. This was even after I had put together a component driver and hybrid, that I thought was going to stay in the bag :)
We all know how that goes!

Opted for the 11.5*, regular flex, stock Diamana shaft. A shock though was the stock shaft feels like a decent shaft. Picked up the 19* five wood to go with it for the $199 deal. Wife is getting me the three wood this week :)

Got my first round with them today.

Both are a hit.

Don't let anyone tell you that you can't work the ball with the square 5900....you can....with relative ease.

Second hole sets up well for straight or draw. I drew it well over the fairway bunker leaving a gap wedge approach.

Fourth hole sets up well for straight or a slight fade. No worries....hit a solid ball that faded for me nicely.

I didn't have opportunity to use the 3wood too much....but it was very servicable when needed.

I was constantly having to tee the ball down just a bit more than with my old driver.....this Sumo will get it up quickly.

The club makes a hell of a sharp report at impact...ball comes off hot, too.

Hope your sticks arrive soon and you enjoy them. I think you got a heck of a great deal.

Got my first round with them today.

I'm jealous that at a higher handicap, your able to work the ball while I struggle to hit straight and get up and down. :(

On a different note, I also went with this deal in the hopes that I hit this 3 wood better than my Adams. I'm sure it isn't the club since I've been topping it but its an excuse. :)

« Keith »

I'm jealous that at a higher handicap, your able to work the ball while I struggle to hit straight and get up and down. :(

I'm no shot-maker.....not by any means....however...certain holes set up for my eye a certain way.

I simply focus on finishing with a full high follow through for a cut.....and more around and low for a draw. I'll rehearse it a time or two with slowed practice swings. I also aim appropriately. I mention this just to say that my fears about this club were for naught....I'd been told that it wouldn't work right or left....this was not the case....draws and fades did well. I really enjoyed gaming this club yesterday. It's gonna be fun today because I'm playing in a captain's choice so I'll purposely be trying to bomb it.

Note: This thread is 5460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!