IGNORED

Booya! I Broke 90!

TheNatural
Note: This thread is 5484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes I recorded an 89 today on a average difficulty course. Only had one bad drive off the toe for a 150 yds. No birdies, lots of pars and bogeys. This beats my best by 8 strokes Not one drop either. I am keeping the ball and the scorecard as reminders of this personal feat. 79 Here I come !!

btw the HC went from 22.8 to 22.5 with this one score.

off to google maps to see how far the drives went

Good for you!

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Congrats... Now the long journey to 79 begins

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

Congrats man! I remember my first sub 90 round. Keep at it and 79 won't be far away!
What's In My Bag
Driver: r9 TP
Fairway wood: Hibore XLS 3
Hybrids: Hibore XLS 3&4
Irons: Victory Red Blades 4-PWedge: Cg14 Camo 56 R-91 60Putter: Rossa LabeauBall: Pro V1

wow - 8 stroke improvement in one round! It can be done!

Big congrats, Natural.

Have you been doing anything to improve your game that you think has led to the lower score?

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Congratulations......well done!

Just don't get frustrated if you don't immediately follow it up with another......they call it golf because all the good four letter words were already taken!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

wow - 8 stroke improvement in one round! It can be done!

Yes, so glad you asked. This tip will be on the video "How to break 90 - For Dummies" No really, off the tee has been the demon. I have a HIGH SS and at times I look brilliant with 300+ drives. Lately it has been tops and hooks. Well today I did something a little different. At the tee in warm up swings I would take a full practice swing follow through and then full swing back then another and another. long broad practice swings frontward backward, It Helped! I hit higher launches and carries than ever! I decided to stick with it the entire round, I think it took me away from a sideways baseball swing, (hooks and tops were caused by this swing IMO) 1-5hole drives went 220, 280, 270, 270, 300, par 3 was a DB, then 200yds on apar 5 toed it. then back to 300. 10th hole topped it due a dogleg right with water, recovered at the green with my 90 ft putt. After that the drill worked EVERYTIME. I had to tone it down on 10 the water was a 250 yard drive so it messed the mechanics up a little. Did hook one at 11 for 220 but the others were all bombs. I also took care not to miss big on the green and lagged well for many 2 putts and a couple 1's. NO SNOWMEN either! I was hitting my 60* to the greens from 10 par 4's awesome club for me. If I drive like this today then it will continue to improve. the course is like a 70.5 120 6800 yard.

Thats a huge improvement over your previous best! Congrats, now spend a little more time chipping and putting

Driver: G10 9*
3-wood: 909F3 15*
Hybrid: 909H 19*
Irons: 695MBs
Wedges: 56 & 52 64 spin milledPutters:Seemore FGP Spider

strong work. enjoy your success. here's to more sub 90 rounds.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Thanks fellas !

Damn dude... thats not the putt of the day, thats a putt of the year. Nice job on takin that one down (Betcha Perry wishes he could have taken one of those down yesterday).

Keep it up

Clubs:
Driver: Ping Rapture 10.5 degree, Stiff Flex shaft
Fairway Wood: Ping Rapture 17* - Stiff Shaft
Hybrids: Callaway Heaven Wood 20* Firm Flex
Irons: Titleist 704 CB (Forged) (4-PW), Dynamic Gold S300 ShaftsWedges: Titleist Vokey 52 and 58 degreePutter: Odessy White Hot XG Model #1Bag: Ping HooferBa...

Grats man! I'm hoping to do that in the next few weeks myself.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

First off congrats.

Second...how do you try and get yardage distances off of Google Maps? I typically estimate given the yardages markers but obviously they're just ballpark figures...

Nice job!
Now the next step is shooting that sub-90 score more often and then progressing to breaking 80.

Driver: FT-9 7.5*
3 Wood: Burner 14.5*
Hybrid: SQ sumo 3 20*
Irons: Burner 4-Pw
Wedges: Oil Can 52*, Spin Milled 56*, Spin Milled 60* Putter: Crossbax Blade

now the long journey to 79 begins

i hate this journey!!! Sooooooooo close!

R7 SuperQuad 10.5 Aldila nv 65-s
Burner 15 UST proforce V2
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 23 Matrix Ozik
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 18 Matrix Ozik
AP2 5-PW Vokey SM52.08Vokey SM56.10Vokey SM60.04 Studio Style Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5484 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!