IGNORED

how to hit driver with lower trajectory?

Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my kid has a decent command of driver, with acceptable numbers when checked out by computer/video. take off angle also ok.

she asks when teeing against wind, without changing to a different driver, what tech can she use to lower the ball flight to avoid being pushed back by the wind?

thanks

Tee the ball a little lower and move it back in her stance just a bit.

Care must be taken to finish however, or a weak fade can result which is the absolute last thing she wants when hitting into the wind.

As with all wind play.....smooth and controlled, not hard, is the key.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a special play for this situation. A 3 wood.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Jack Nicklaus said when playing into the wind, take a normal swing with good tempo and a well struck golf shot will cut right through it.

Another option would simply be to tee it lower or play a low spin rate ball. horrible for chipping however.

My experience is that most try to swing harder when hitting into the wind imparting more spin and therefore less distance and control.

Lastly, make sure the driver and shaft combination is correct. Get to a good fitter and have spin rate analyzed. A higher than recommended spin rate will create havoc in the wind.

To Long Straight Drives
Rick Pogany

In the Bag
Blue Hawk XT30 8.5 Firm 47"Proto-type 5 wood Blue Hawk ShaftProto-type 7 wood Blue Hawk ShaftPing I3 Blades 4-LWRife Hybrid Mallet 34"ProV1

I saw this a few weeks ago:

Great video, its worth a 1,000 words.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Here is what I do. Tee the ball lower and put it back in my stance, raise my back shoulder higher than normal and abbreviate my follow thru. If she will just practice the abbreviated follow thru she will see results immediately. Like Tiger does on his "stinger".

909 D3 with Diamana White X
909 F3 15degree with Aldila Vodoo
ZM Forged 2-PW
Voley 56 and 60
Studio Newport 1.5 PRo V1X

Tee the ball a little lower and move it back in her stance just a bit.

Awesome tip.....especially the part about finishing vs. fading.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!