IGNORED

Which Ogio bag to buy?

Note: This thread is 5476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I need an opinion.

I am in the market for a new bag and can get any Ogio bag that is available. Problem is, I don't know which one to pick. Price isn't a factor, but I just don't want to order the most expensive bag and hope its the right one for me.

I walk some, but most of the time I am in a cart. I am just not sure which of the models are better than others, and thats why I am seeking an opinion or two.

The only catch is, it has to be an Ogio bag. I can't get any other brand but Ogio. What do you guys suggest?

Thanks,

pchaney301

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

I don't know man but I have to say that the legs on my Ogio (Flight I believe) are absolutely terrible. They started off bad and now they are worse. My bag gets blown over ALL THE TIME in moderate to high winds. It wont stand on a modest hill. The legs don't pop out well at all on their own; I need to place each of them individually every time i put the bag down. I absolutely love every other aspect of the bag, but the legs are killer. So my advice is be sure to try out their bags to see if some have better legs than others.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

When did you get your back? I was told that the legs on the Nexos had been fixed from the previous bugs that they had (falling over, etc.) about 6 months or so ago. I read some other peoples problems with the legs, so that made me kind of skeptical to get the stand bag versus the cart bag, but I really thing since I walk about 1/4 of the time, I'd need a stand bag.

What a dilemma. ha.

I'm sure whichever bag I get I'll be happy with, but I just don't know which way to go.

I really like the Exodus, Nexos, Atlas, and Grom.

But I'm open to any suggestions.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Beware of the customer service at OGIO they suck.They do not stand behind there products at all.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I like the slot setup of my Ogio bag but the leg stands aren't the greatest. The front pocket has an opening leading to the bottom of the bag so things get lost in there. Can't speak for any other Ogio bags. The good side is that its holding up fairly okay for being lugged around for over a year I guess. They are both on the heavier side at 5.5 lbs and 6.5 lbs so I'd say go with the lighter one which is Grom. Also, color combination might be an issue for you.

« Keith »

My brother got me the Ozone for Christmas last year and I LOVE it. The legs hold the bag up fine, though when putting it on a steeper uphill you've gotta pay attention. Other than that: very comfortable straps and carry position, and perfect pockets. Nice wallet pocket with a phone slot, but best is a perfectly positioned card and pencil holder that's super easy to reach with the bag on, so you can record your score as you walk to the next tee. Good in reach bigger pocket underneath that where I hold a big water bottle too. Plus, can't go wrong with houndstooth...

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Beware of the customer service at OGIO they suck.They do not stand behind there products at all.

That hasn't been my experience at all. They sent me new clips and straps after the clips on a 3-year-old bag broke.

My brother got me the Ozone for Christmas last year and I LOVE it.

I just bought one of these yesterday. I wanted a lightweight (4.2 pounds) stand bag and I've never had problems with Ogio bags. Their legs are new on this - not just round rods. I love the Ogio Woode top/dividers.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I carry an Ogio Grom bag and love it. Great design, excellent Woode system, clever scorecardholder placement and lots of useful pockets. Haven't used it too much yet, but the legs seem sturdy enough.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

A zipper on my Grom blew out and they would neither fix or replace.They offered me a new one at half price which tells me they think I must be stupid enough to send them more money for something they do not stand behind.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I am sorry you had a bad experience, but I have had nothing but the absolute best out of those guys for years. They are awesome. Got into Ogio through motocross and now going to go with their golf bags and could be happier. Great company to work with.

I've been looking at the Ozone a lot, and the Nexos. I think I have it narrowed down between those two, unless someone comes in and gives me a awesome reason to get a cart bag rather than the stand bag. Would it be worth the extra money to have the Nexos rather than the Ozone?

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood

I don't know man but I have to say that the legs on my Ogio (Flight I believe) are absolutely terrible. They started off bad and now they are worse. My bag gets blown over ALL THE TIME in moderate to high winds. It wont stand on a modest hill. The legs don't pop out well at all on their own; I need to place each of them individually every time i put the bag down. I absolutely love every other aspect of the bag, but the legs are killer. So my advice is be sure to try out their bags to see if some have better legs than others.

When did you get your back? I was told that the legs on the Nexos had been fixed from the previous bugs that they had (falling over, etc.) about 6 months or so ago. I read some other peoples problems with the legs, so that made me kind of skeptical to get the stand bag versus the cart bag, but I really thing since I walk about 1/4 of the time, I'd need a stand bag.

I got my bag a year and a half ago. The actual bag is great. I love the scorecard, water bottle, and pencil holder. The valuables pocket has a nice soft lining, I like having the cell phone pocket, the zippers on my bag all work great. The Woode system is great. My bag shows little signs of wear. I actually have the schling shoulder system, which I like a lot although I think they stopped making it. I just have become increasingly dissapointed with the legs.

Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I bought the Edge and very pleased with it so far, only been a couple of months. I wanted the rain cover otherwise would have gotten the Grom. I bought last fall and the legs work just fine so far. I really like how it is laid out, score card pocket, drink pocket, and quick access ball pocket. But the best is how well it works on a cart, sits in the right position to access everything and with the cart strap in use no more falling off when the strap on the cart lets go.
ogio.gifedge bag
titleist.gifdriver 10.5* 907D1, 15* 906f2, 18* 906f2
wilson_staff.gif21* hybrid, 3-PW PI7, TW9 wedges
wilson_staff.gif: 8802, 8813, or Arnold Palmer Original
wilson_staff.gifX1 or 50

I just put into play a 2009 OGIO Syncro cart bag for my pull cart and I'm very pleased. It's a great bag for a pull or riding cart and every club has its own divider so no sticking or binding of grips.

bgbull

It sounds like everyone prefers the stand bags over the cart bags.

I really like the Grom, Nexos, and Edge. I may give the Nexos a shot, but then again its a couple pounds heavier than the other two, and I'm not sure how big of a factor that will play.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood

I have the Edge - great bag in all ways.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I think I have about decided to go with the Nexos. I'll let you guys know how it works and how I like it.

I'm sure I'll love it.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood

I have both an Edge and a Grom and love both. I prefer the Edge because of the placement of a few things and the slick rain hood (I live in Oregon). The only issue I've had with it was the metal ring on the straps rusted after too much time in the rain and wore through a strap during the 12th hole of a 36 hole day at Bandon. I reinforced the strap and it's been great since.

I haven't used their customer service (I couldn't complain that a bag broke after 200+ rounds), but love their products. I use a speed cart 80% of the time and carry the rest.

I haven't used their customer service (I couldn't complain that a bag broke after 200+ rounds), but love their products. I use a speed cart 80% of the time and carry the rest.

I'll be doing about the same amount of walking that you do. Are you happy that you chose a stand bag? Or do you ever wish you had a cart bag?

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood

Note: This thread is 5476 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!