IGNORED

Which Ogio bag to buy?

Note: This thread is 5451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've never regretted my decision. Both the Edge and the Grom have the TORQ strap which keeps them from twisting when attached to a cart, and both have enough structure to stand up straight, unlike some of the ultralight bags.

The biggest consideration is weight for most people. None of those bags are light (Grom 5.8, Edge 6.5 and Nexos 7.2!) so if carrying a heavy bag bothers you, they aren't ideal. When I travel my travel case usually checks it right at 50lbs, so without the case and shoes my golf bag still probably weighs 40 to 45 lbs with the amount of garbage I keep in it, but I have no issues carrying that much all day, so it works for me. I could keep it lighter if I didn't carry 2 dozen+ balls, rain gear, towels, cigars, GPS, power bars etc etc.

From what you said, I would say the Edge (or the Grom) would be the best fit, because it is designed for cart and carry. That or go with 2 bags, a traditional cart bag and an ultralight carry bag. The Edge is basically just a little nicer Grom with a bit more space in the pockets and a better layout.

The Nexos looks like it would be something I'd consider for me because I don't care how heavy my carry bag is and I'd love the cigar holder and GPS slot, but it lacks the cart strap which is really nice if you use a cart a lot. Since I ride less than 1% of the time it's a non issue for me, I don't need the cart strap for a push cart.

I own a Grom, and I love it. It is a great hybrid solution for carry or for cart. When I am walking, the bottle holder is a great place to stash the SkyCaddie. It always at hand, and there is no danger of it falling out. I also like the single club layout for woods and/or putter, or wedge. This is a well thought out design, and worth every penny.

I am very happy with my 2009 Grom. As Gachnar said, it can get a little heavy... but that all depends on how much crap you stuff into the pockets. Speaking of the pockets though, they are incredibly well-designed IMO. I am also a fan of the top - very convenient to organize your clubs and the lift-handle thing is nice as well. Overall, great bag.

It's still very new, so I haven't had any leg problems or had to use their customer service.

That was one other thing, I forgot to mention. I haven't had any issues with the legs since my first grom back 5 or 6 years ago (they would cross sometimes and stick.) The newer grom and the edge have never had that problem, and these bags have seen hundreds of rounds, thousands of miles in a trunk and been shoved in an out of a very snug SKB case dozens of times.

Well I decided to give the Nexos a try. I ordered it and it should be here soon, I'll be sure to let you guys know how it goes.

I'm a little skeptical about the 7.2 lb bag, but I don't really mind carrying the extra weight, so it shouldn't be an issue.

If I'm not super happy with the bag, I may try to ebay it and switch to the Edge or Grom.

Thanks for all the input. Everybody really helped me out. I actually had the Grom in the cart and decided to switch.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

I own 4 Ogio bags right now, 3 stand and 1 cart. The only issue where I had to deal with their customer service was as good as it gets. Don't plan on buying any other brand in the future.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I have a Grom bag as well. It's 3 years old and still have yet to have an issue. i have a Mizuno stand bag and a Ping cart bag and I can't give up my Grom bag. It's great as a stand bag and attaches to a cart with no issues!!
I will only buy Ogio!

I got the edge almost a year ago and it's been treating me great. It's heavier than the Grom but it's only 1 pound and I like the bigger bag. The legs work great (that was a concern of mine before buying) and it carries pretty comfy. Love the woode divider top. A lot of thought went into making this bag convenient and comfortable.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well the bag is supposed to be in tomorrow around lunch, so I'll let you guys know how it is.

I'm excited. I feel like I'm waiting on Santa to come. Ha.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Wow is all I am going to start off by saying.

The bag is amazing. I played a quick 9 holes yesterday and the bag was everything and more than I was expecting. All the pockets are easy to use and access, and the extra pound issue was not a factor at all.

Its light, looks good, and I really think it is going to hold up good.

The new arc-lite stand system works amazing. The legs pop out and retract very smoothly and quick.

Everything from the divit tool to the cigar caddy to the rain hood is top notch and I am extremely excited that I went with the nexos.

My brother is going to be getting a grom over the next little bit so I should have a good bag to compare it to and then I'll report back.

Otherwise I reccommend this bag to anyone that is interested. Great bag!

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood

Note: This thread is 5451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!