IGNORED

Most lofted wedge you've ever gamed....

Dub
Note: This thread is 5114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

60* which is perfect for the 45 yard #4 hole on the par 3 course. I prefer the bump and run so it hasn't been used on the big course yet.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

I used to use a 60, but with the grind on my 58, it's all I need for flop shots or chips, and the 53 can take care of everything else. The highest i've ever used is an off-brand 73* wedge I found and tried out on my local driving range. That thing was crazy!

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

I just made a 55* and a 60* wedge (Snake Eyes). The plan is to get them bent to 54* and 58* but until then, I'll just play 55, 60. I'm not a fan of 64* or even 60* wedges because I learned to play every type of shot with a 56*. Adding a non-versatile club IMO would be a waste. I'm thinking of building a 68* wedge and getting to bent to an even 70* just so I can mess around, but never to play with.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

I have a 64 but don't use it because I like my other 14 clubs too much. The only shot I see the 64 necessary for is a tight lie to a tight pin (and it helps a lot for that shot), but that type of shot just doesn't come up often enough for it to deserve a spot in my bag. I can understand why the likes of Phil Mickelson and Kenny Perry sometimes use them, though, with how fast the greens are that they regularly face.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

I've been gaming a 64 for almost a year, I think. The main reason for me keeping it in the bag is because it is far easier for me to close and deloft a face than to open a face and add loft. I'm definately a digger with my wedges, so the 9* of bounce on my 64 let's me take full swings with confidence.

Unlike others, I actually added mine to the bag for full swings, but those short side chips are a bonus. Each playing style and course is different.

Since adding mine, I took out the 60. I can put the ball back in my stance and really go hard at the 64 instead. It's the same idea as going easier at an open faced 56, just in reverse. I can completely understand how for some swings and styles the 64 is useless. I know a 2 iron is useless for me while others couldn't live without them. To each his/her own.

I I'm thinking of building a 68* wedge and getting to bent to an even 70* just so I can mess around, but never to play with.

ive had a 68 degree wedge in my bag for about 2 months once.it was a great flop shot tool,i called it my grass cutter wedge it would go through the thicket rough youve ever seen with ease and i could flop a ball of freakin concrete.but now i use a 56,60 combo

I feel like my 64º is going to hit me in the head, I can't imagine how a 74º would feel. :D

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 years ago I got my 60° Vokey, had tried out 64° but could never seem to control it. The courses I play are rather windy and hard so most of the time the Vokey stays at home, but on good days its a pleasure to use. Could not imagine using anything more :)

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

For me it's a 56 but I'm going to try out a low bounce 60 as soon as it arrives in the mail. At the course I play at I often get bare lies over the back and to the side of raised greens that I find hard to get on with my 56 because I'll either thin them or duff them and they go about a yard because I'm worried about thinning them .

I've tried a 64* and unfortunately it was in the rough lol needless to say the flop shot produced 1" of distance. don't ever try a flop in the rough with a 64*. I carried a 60* last season and could flop fine and hit full shots from 80yds and in with it. But I got a 58* this year and like it much better.

In my stand Bag:

R7 Superquad 10.5* Fujikura REAX 65-S
Hi-Bore XLS 19* Hybrid Dynamic Gold S300
MP-60 4 thru PW Dynamic Gold S300 .588 REG 54* SW Vokey 58* LWSTX Greeny IV putter

I'm kind in the dilema of adding a 60* to my bag (only carry a 52* and 56* right now), but the problem is I would probably have to drop my 4-wood and that would leave a gap between my 3+ (235-240yds) and 20* hybrid (200-205 yds).

I don't know that I would gain that much from throwing the 60* in, so until I see a lot of shot that I can't make with the 56, I'm inclined to leave it out.

Titleist 910D3 8.5* Aldila RIP
Titleist 910F 13.5* Diamana Kai'li
Nickent 4DX 20* and 24*
Tour Preferred 5-PW
52.08, 56.14, 60.04 Titleist Vokey

Odyssey Metal-X #9 Putter

Pro V1x

I used to have a 64*. Because I liked to have soo much shaft lean on my chip shots with a square face it produced a nice high lofted chip. Difficult to hit and be consistent with a full swing though.

Now, as i have gotten better I play with a 60* and if need be I can open the face to do anything I want. Master of the flop shot.

OVERHEARD ON THE GOLF COURSE - "Go in the hole!.........................................FORE!!!"

Datrek Zone Bag
DRIVER: G2, Graffalloy Prolaunch Blue 65S
5 WOOD: SasQuatch Sumo 5900 IRONS: I5 3-PW52/56/60: 588 DSG GunmetalPUTTER: White-Hot 2-BallBALL: Pro V1xRANGEFINDER: SG4

A 62 degree Hogan, purchased in late summer '96. Worst club I've ever attempted, in terms of my tendencies. The guarantee was it would be at least 10 yards short or 10 yards long, depending if I bladed it or chunked it. Maybe 1 in 5 would be proper contact. I practiced and still couldn't hit the dang thing. Sold it on ebay and was thrilled someone found the Reserve price at the last moment.

Like an idiot I tried a 60 degree last year. That one moved up to 2 competent shots in 5. What a bonanza. It's also gone.

Played a round once with a 64* wedge Pinemeadows wedge I found in a bunker at a short 9. Didn't have any problems with it besides distance control which was mainly due to lack of practice with it. I use a 60* currently and my attempt to use a 58* was pretty bad. I couldn't get my distances down with it at all for some reason.

What I Play!

x86 Stand Bag
Driver: 907D2 10.5* w/EPIC-S
Irons: 735.CM irons 4-PW PX 5.5FW Wood: 909F2 15.5* Aldila Voodoo SHybrid: 909.H 21* Diamana Blue Board SWedges: Vokey 250.08 (oil can), Spin Milled 54.11 & 60.07 (Black Ni)Studio Select 2.5Ball: Pro-V1x/Bridgestone B330s (or anything I...

I used to have a Pinemeadow 68* wedge. It was OK. For short little 40 yard flop shots it worked great, but it was really easier to either hit the ball way fat and hit a pop-up to to skull the ball and hit a line drive over the green.
IMHO, wedges with extreme loft like that are a waste. You an accomplish the same thing by using a 60* wedge and opening the face. Why waste a spot in your bag on a club that is a 1 trick pony?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Zeph, I have found one here that's close enough to 74*... http://www.feelwedges.com/Dart_Throw...deg_single.htm
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I think you can actually get the club under the ball without touching the ball with that club. Out of the fairway or bunker. Just pushing away the grass and the ball will land in the divot.

I'd be so nervous each time hitting that club, blading it would not even be a question, but a fact.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 11 months later...
66* I use it a a few courses I go to.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

Note: This thread is 5114 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!