IGNORED

X-tour or X-forged wedges vs. Vokey

Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

any comments out there from those who have used both?

I had a Callaway fitting a while back and they suggested a couple x-tour wedges. I hit one of them off a mat and liked the feel, but obviously off the mat doesn't give much info.

so have you used both? There are only 2 reasons I'm considering the x-tours over the vokeys:

1. Forged instead of cast (I want them to feel like my Mizunos - or at least close)
2. I know the exact recommendations based on my distance gaps.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

You really cant go wrong with either. They are both excellent wedges. Flip a coin..lol.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I love Callaway clubs.

I play Vokey wedges.

I've tried the X tour wedges (as well as just about every wedge produced) I always go back to my Vokeys.

I earn my skin money from 100 yards and in.

YMMV

I always go back to my Vokeys.

what makes you go back to the Vokeys?

- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

the only way I would move away from a vokey is if you are getting a 60 degree. The X-tour has a 60 dgree c-grind that is designed to have less bounce that any other wedge. Anything els i would go with the vokey.

I have a 60 x-tour and a 54 vokey. the vokey feels better than anyother wedge I have hit and I love it. The c-grind design helps allot though.

what makes you go back to the Vokeys?

They give me a much better percentage of pulling off "the shot" than any other wedges I've tried. I like the look of the clubs at address. I like the swingweight of the clubs. I like the consistency of the results. I am in no way a perfect player. I miss my share of of greens. With two of my wedges, the 54 and the 58, I feel like I can get up and down (and occasionally up an IN) from anywhere greenside (rough, fringe, bunker, anywhere). Also, from 90 and in, those two clubs combined can pull off just about any number my Bushnell dials in. My 50 is the full swing 100 yarder, Flies 98, most times stops at 99-101. My favorite layup number is 100. Keep in mind that I don't always hit these perfect shots, but with my wedges, when standing over the ball, I believe that I can. Confidence over a shot is a wonderful thing. When that shot is executed as planned, the confidence goes up, and the scores go down. I haven't experienced that feeling with any other wedge. It took me a long time to assemble this current trio, although they are all Vokeys, one is Spin Milled 58, one is Raw 50, one is Oil Can 54. I've ground the 54 down over the past year, nipping as needed. I sharpen them all on occasion and change the grips religioulsy. I almost replaced the 58 with a new SM 60, but it just didn't work the same for me. Check the for sale section here in a week or two, It'll be up for grabs.

I was playing Cleveland 588's. I played a Vokey 200 52* but didn't care much for the feel compared to the 588. My 588 56* RTG was showing its age so I got a 52* and 58* X-Forged Vintage wedges and have been very happy so far. The feel is great coming off both of these wedges. The 58 has the C-grind along with the MD grooves and it has been my money club so far this year. To me the look is the same at address as the 588's and that also was a huge selling point for me.
Driver: '07 Burner 10.5* R Flex ReAx Shaft
3 Wood: '07 Burner 15* R Flex ReAx Shaft
Utility: '07 Burner Rescue 19* R Flex Reax Shaft
Irons: MP-33 3-PW S300 Shaft
Wedge: X-Forged 52* Steel Shaft Wedge: X-Forged 58* MD-C Steel Shaft Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Burner TP

I was playing Cleveland 588's. I played a Vokey 200 52* but didn't care much for the feel compared to the 588. My 588 56* RTG was showing its age so I got a 52* and 58* X-Forged Vintage wedges and have been very happy so far. The feel is great coming off both of these wedges. The 58 has the C-grind along with the MD grooves and it has been my money club so far this year. To me the look is the same at address as the 588's and that also was a huge selling point for me.

52 and 58 was exactly what was recommended in my fitting. I've got a 200 series 52 and hate the way it "feels" compared to my Mizuno irons.

- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons

I play the x-tours because I prefer the way they look at address and they don't feel as heavy as the Titleist as well as they give me the performance I like. I don't know if the Voleys are actually heavier or not. I use to play vokeys but haven't looked back since I started playing with my x-tours. I would say if you have the exact specs and you like the feel then go with what you know.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

the only way I would move away from a vokey is if you are getting a 60 degree. The X-tour has a 60 dgree c-grind that is designed to have less bounce that any other wedge. Anything els i would go with the vokey.

Vokeys have that same grind as well, it's called the M grind on titleist wedges. It comes in 58.08, 58.12, and 60.04 loft and bounce options. Yesterday i bought the 58.08, and so far i love it.

Vokeys have that same grind as well, it's called the M grind on titleist wedges. It comes in 58.08, 58.12, and 60.04 loft and bounce options. Yesterday i bought the 58.08, and so far i love it.

True, but it's a lot more expensive and a special order item. If I'm paying that much I'm getting a scratch wedge.

- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons

I've never used the Vokeys but have X-tour 52, 56, and 60 degree wedges in my bag and am very happy with them. I like the way they feel and have alot of confidence in these wedges.

True, but it's a lot more expensive and a special order item. If I'm paying that much I'm getting a scratch wedge.

no actually, they are the price of the regular wedges. I have one, they come in 58.08, 58.12, and 60.04. These are not special edition wedges, and they retail for the same price as the other spin milleds.

no actually, they are the price of the regular wedges. I have one, they come in 58.08, 58.12, and 60.04. These are not special edition wedges, and they retail for the same price as the other spin milleds.

Where do you get the M grind wedges? The only wedges I know of with the M grind on the TVD wedges. I know M and TVD aren't the same, but I can't find wedges with the M grind. Or perhaps they have the M grind and just don't have the M stamp?

- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons

Where do you get the M grind wedges? The only wedges I know of with the M grind on the TVD wedges. I know M and TVD aren't the same, but I can't find wedges with the M grind. Or perhaps they have the M grind and just don't have the M stamp?

http://www.titleist.com/golfclubs/we...ed.asp#General click on the pics at the bottom of the lofts and bounce options i gave you. You can clearly see the grind, i have it on my 58.

I have both. I carry the 64 x-forged, 60 vokey, had a 56 vokey (killed it, grooves are gone replaced with a 53 Mizuno MPT. I can not say that the feel of the forged wedges is different. I have forged irons (mp60) and they do feel better than my old cast irons. The 64 I have spins the ball so much around the greens. But I would imagine the spin milled vokeys would do the same. I loved my Vokeys and love the x forged. Both are quality.

Brian

1. Forged instead of cast (I want them to feel like my Mizunos - or at least close)

Even though they are cast, I think Vokeys actually come closer to a blade feel. I'm not sure why. That being said, Vokeys also seem slightly less forgiving to me. It seems like a hit off the toe is penalized a lot more with Vokeys than with Callaways. In the end, though, they are both great wedges.

Personally, I like my X Tours. I prefer their look, shape, and feel. And the special grind on the 60 is great.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

Note: This thread is 5481 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!