IGNORED

What's In Your Bag?

gas_can
Note: This thread is 1922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My clubs for 2009.

Thats a good looking Bag. I really like the way that cleveland looks at address.

I dont know if you have been keeping up with this other post of mine but I have been asking about hybrids. I have the clone of your Adams and I am having trouble hitting them. Would you mind going over to that post and check it out and give me your input on your experience with your hybrids. http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...t=20918&page;=2 Thanks Tim

Have you built any Snake Eyes? I have a couple of wedges and putters but often wondered how their irons and woods performed.

I'm actually playing SE wedges now as you can see in the pics. I just changed my sig 'cause I bought the Sonartecs this winter, but have only hit them at the range. SE is TOP QUALITY stuff, for sure.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Have you tried the Faz-Fit Hosel and Shaft Adapters? I am considering gettin some. They would be nice to have in order to try different heads out.

Haven't really considered them. Not sure how they work. Guess it would make things easier, just never considered them. BTW I am playing a GEEK DCT driver the Tour Burner TP is a recent aquisition and has only been to the range also.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Thats a good looking Bag. I really like the way that cleveland looks at address.

Thanks. I like the Cleveland a lot most of the time. The face is pretty closed at address as you can see. Most of my misses with it tend to be hooks. I'll check out your other thread and reply there about the hybrids if I can provide any input that may be helpful.

In My Bag:
SQ Dymo2 10.5
SQ Dymo2 15
a2 3-PW
Tom Watson Wedges 52, 56, 60 Unitized Retro 33"

• 9 months later...
3 hybrid should go about the same as a 5 wood...maybe a tad less (for an average amateur) and a different trajectory

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

I'm a novice to the game, but in my experience I have noticed the same thing with my own 5 wood and other 3 hybrids I've tried out.

In my TMX Staff Bag
r7 460 Driver 10.5*
Launcher Comp 3 Wood 15*

Heavenwood 20* OR MX-950 3 hybrid MX-950 4 hybrid, 5-PW CG14 52*/ 60* Black Pearl CG14 56* Camouflage 2 Ball White Steel Putter....no preference of golf ball brands

For me, the 3 Wood and 5 Wood have always been very difficult to hit (especially of the deck) so I pulled them. I have chosen to go 2 - 5 Hybrid and am extremely happy with them. I can hit a 3 Hybrid from 190 - 200 yards pretty much on target. The 2 Hybrid goes about 210 but has a fade on it...

I have a driver and a 3w, and I can't even hit my 3w, its my hardest club :( But I do have a 4 &5 hybrid and a 5-PW irons. Instead of using my 5 hybrid, I'll just use my 5 iron. I can't seem to hit very well with the hybrids, but I can hit them better than my 3 wood, LOL.

I have a driver and a 3w, and I can't even hit my 3w, its my hardest club :( But I do have a 4 &5 hybrid and a 5-PW irons. Instead of using my 5 hybrid, I'll just use my 5 iron. I can't seem to hit very well with the hybrids, but I can hit them better than my 3 wood, LOL.

How long have you been playing GG? I couldn't hit my 3 wood until one day out on the range about 4 months after I started playing. Ever since then it's one of my favorite clubs. Don't give up on it, keep trying :)

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

I have a driver, a 5 wood and 3iron-PW in my bag.

If your swing tends to get steep (like me), then hybrids will be easier to hit than fairway woods IMO. I have trouble sweeping the ball with a 5-wood, so I prefer a 3-iron hybrid, which you can get away with hitting more like an iron. I think it has something to do with the weighting on the bottom of the club.

I love my 3-wood because I can hit a nice fade off the tee with it. It's my go-to shot when my driver is off, or when I'm playing on a course with narrow fairways. But if you are hitting the 5-wood well, the 3-wood may not offer too many advantages. Yes, it may give you an extra 20 yards, but it's harder to hit. And if you're like me, we're not hitting many greens from 200+ yards anyway.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

I have a driver, a 5 wood and 3iron-PW in my bag.

check out my signature....i love my two iron for some reason, idk why....a 3 hybrid (21*) is about a 7 wood give or take a few yards. a 2 hybrid (18*) is a 5 wood, again give or take a few yards. so, which answer your question, no a 3 hybrid will not travel the same distance as a 5 wood.

In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

check out my signature....i love my two iron for some reason, idk why....a 3 hybrid (21*) is about a 7 wood give or take a few yards. a 2 hybrid (18*) is a 5 wood, again give or take a few yards. so, which answer your question, no a 3 hybrid will not travel the same distance as a 5 wood.

Thanks. I was thinking about adding a 3 wood purely for tee-off just in case if my driver fail for the day, or have very tight fairway. On the other hand, would it make sense to carry around another club just as a spare for driver when i can actually use my 5 wood to tee-off and the distance lost compare to 3 wood is about 20 yards? Any advise or comments?

To simplify my game, i do not want to introduce too many different variables (e.g. driver, fairway woods, hybrid, irons, wedges). Despite what the pros say that all the clubs are hit the same way, they surely don't feel the same to me. In this regards, do any of you find it harder to mix woods, hybrid and iron or would it make more sense to go with a driver, 5 wood, 7 wood, 4-pw?

Thanks. I was thinking about adding a 3 wood purely for tee-off just in case if my driver fail for the day, or have very tight fairway. On the other hand, would it make sense to carry around another club just as a spare for driver when i can actually use my 5 wood to tee-off and the distance lost compare to 3 wood is about 20 yards? Any advise or comments?

hmmm, well, i can be biased in my answer because i despise hybrids, but if you have a problem with club transition then i suggest about 11-12 degree driver to make up for the yardage gap between the driver and the 5 wood. i myself switch out my s57 2 iron for the i15 5 wood, i have no problem hitting either of em. uhm, when my driver fails, i use my 3 wood off the tee and if i have my 5 wood, i'll use that too. again, if you have trouble with club transition going from woods, hybrids, irons go with your woods, irons....but honestly to each his own....find what works for you. maybe 4 wood, 7 wood....with driver, 5 wood, 7 wood, 4-pw, including the putter, you have 3 open slots (legal bag can carry 14 clubs) so why not experiment with what suits your game best. why not try: driver, 3w, 5w, 3h, 4h, 5-pw.....just an idea. golf is all about personal preference really, head out on the course and play around with different clubs to see what feels better to you.

In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

I think you might be over-analyzing this. Introducing a hybrid is not going to confuse your swing or anything. Just try some different clubs and see what feels more comfortable.

Callaway Big Bertha 460
Callaway X 3-wood 15*
Adams Idea Tech hybrid 19*
Titleist DCI 981 irons
Ping iwedge 56*, 52*Carbite Putter

I put a 5 iron back in my bag, so I am carry 14 clubs again, changed my putter to a two ball blade and changed driver to a Taylor Made R7 425 because the shaft is lighter in this driver. Please see my signature below for the rest of my clubs.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Everything in my bag currently is in the sig. The bag is a TaylorMade Players stand bag from around 2001. It's about to be replaced though; I've worn the zippers out on it

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

Note: This thread is 1922 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!