IGNORED

Hello from a girl state champ from Iowa!

Seven Iron
Note: This thread is 5480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everyone. New to the forum here (duh). Just here to share a little about my golf background.

I started when I was 5 and loved the game ever since. I just finished up my high school career which consisted of two individual state titles, a co-ed state title, and a team title for girl's golf in 2A. My senior year I went undefeated and took the individual.

Looking forward to meeting people in here.

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

Hi everyone. New to the forum here (duh). Just here to share a little about my golf background.

Congratulations on your achievements, and welcome to the board. I hope I can benefit from your experience. In any case, we're happy to have you here!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the site.

lol that is SOOO wrong....because it's true!

But Welcome to the Trap!

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

wow! looks like we have a future lpga sensation on our hands.

welcome

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

Welcome to the site.

Haha well gee thanks for that one.

2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

wow! looks like we have a future lpga sensation on our hands.

Haha thanks

.....I hope to meet a lot of cool people here and I hope that I am able to help people out as well...and get some tips for myself too!!!

Haha thanks

Welcome!

What's in your (golf) bag?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

• Administrator
I started when I was 5 and loved the game ever since. I just finished up my high school career which consisted of two individual state titles, a co-ed state title, and a team title for girl's golf in 2A. My senior year I went undefeated and took the individual.

As the father of a girl who likes golf (I intend to keep it that way), it's not lost on me that women's golf isn't nearly as competitive as men's golf, and that scholarship options abound for good female players.

As one of those good female high school golfers, what have you discovered about the scholarship options available to you? Like I said, I'm going to keep golf fun for her, but if my daughter continues to like the game and improve, it seems to me that a golf scholarship might be a great way to attend a great school, and the odds of getting one seem relatively high (particularly compared to the men's side). I've heard of girls getting scholarships - not necessarily to top-tier D1 schools, but good programs - while having a stroke average just below 90.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Welcome to the site.

what about girl living in her parents basement masquerading as a 3 handicap...thats ok..right?

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

what about girl living in her parents basement masquerading as a 3 handicap...thats ok..right?

Oh dear...do I need to put pictures up?

Alrighty all you non-believers. Here is a picture of me after winning the individual 2A state title last year in May. The golf course was the American Legion in Marshalltown, Iowa. I am on the left with my parents on the right. My dad is holding the team trophy we won and I am holding my individual plaque with my individual medals around my neck. Hope this helps you guys!

Is H-D 1a? I know some of the Mt Ayr girls who have been up to state recently. Never made it out of sectionals myself :(

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Is H-D 1a? I know some of the Mt Ayr girls who have been up to state recently. Never made it out of sectionals myself :(

They were 3A my freshman year, then 2A from my sophomore year until I graduated and now they are 3A again.

Oh dear...do I need to put pictures up?

At once! Sandtrap NSA needs to verify identity. Because you might also be a terrorist marquerading as a 3 handicap living in your parents basement.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Here's one last one for the skeptics This one is me standing on the far left after accepting the title of state champion.

Note: This thread is 5480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!