IGNORED

Popped my Scotty cherry.

Note: This thread is 5470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm now the proud owner of a Scotty Cameron Circa 62 No. 3, my first Scotty Cameron putter. Actually my first putter that cost more than $100, my first milled putter, and my first putter with a steel face and not a stupid insert.

I always wanted one, although I always figured I'd get a Newport or Newport 2.

Well, that's all. Just wanted to bask in the glory for a minute.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Congrats! They look like great putters. Never tried one, but they look sexy.

In my Cart Bag:
Driver: R7 Draw 9*
3W: Ovation 15*
Hybrid Halo 19* 2H, Halo 22* 3H
Irons: i/3 O-Size 4-PWSW: Vokey SM 56*Putter: Anser

I love my Scotty Cameron... so, congratulations, you wouldn't regret buying it!

Greetings!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I'm going to be honest, the only reason I clicked into this thread is because I saw "popped" and "cherry" in the same phrase.

Sexual innuendo aside, I have managed to gravitate towards the practice "green" at Golfsmith every time I go there, and test out the different Scotty putters. Truth be told, I don't think I could justify paying $300 for a putter, but maybe I'm crazy, who knows. Maybe if I tested them in a real course, I'd think otherwise, but right now, I'm perfectly content with my $70 putter.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good job joining the countless others who paid too much for their putters!

just my opinion mind you... but Scottys are way overpriced. I would take a Rife, Ping, or Yes over a Scotty any day... especially since I could probably get all three.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

congrats! Hope you enjoy it and are able to make the benefit outweigh the cost. Yes SC's are high in price, but if that flatstick give you the confidence you need to sink every 4-footer, then the investment was worth it.

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

People think putters are overpriced, but drivers are the most overpriced clubs you can buy. Your going to use your putter the most, about 43% of the time, so why not spend money to get one that is good? Who cares if its 300 bucks, if it saves you strokes, then get it!

Imagine that! A thread opens about Scotty Cameron and the haters come out.

Congrats on the purchase man. Worth every penny! When will you begin the headcover collection?

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Good job joining the countless others who paid too much for their putters!

Man you are really a dick lately!!

The circa is a fantastic stick, but! did you get the Charcoal mist? or the Gun Blue?

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

I picked up the Charcoal Mist.

I'll admit, I was a Scotty hater for the longest time. Actually, I was just a hater because I couldn't afford them, haha. But I was one of those "dude, why would you pay that much for a blah blah blah" guys... and then it dawned on me that a "perfect" regulation round of golf equals 14 fairways, 18 greens and 36 putts.

Even on the longest courses around here, I might hit driver on a MAX of 10 of those 14 holes, and really it's closer to 5 or 6 holes on average. So... spend $400+ on a new flashy driver and impress people on the range and get to hit it a handful of times on the course... or spend $300 on a putter that will be used over 500% more and one that I'm finally confident over and make more putts?

Which one of those will take more strokes off of my handicap?

But that's just my 29,900 cents.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Imagine that! A thread opens about Scotty Cameron and the haters come out.

Thanks man.

Maybe when I win the lottery. They've got some cool headcovers, but I can't justify spending more money on something that just looks cool. Wish I could... maybe someday.

I'm going to be honest, the only reason I clicked into this thread is because I saw "popped" and "cherry" in the same phrase.

Unfortunately, the Phils are totally stoppable right now. But that's not stopping me from going to the game tonight. Gotta love 'em.

I hear you, I was content with cheaper putters for a long time too. Maybe it's more a confidence thing than anything, but the feel is unreal compared to anything I've ever putted with. Also... half of the price of the putter was a gift... so I only had to pay $150 for it.

Re: Popped my Scotty cherry. - 5 Hours Ago
People think putters are overpriced, but drivers are the most overpriced clubs you can buy. Your going to use your putter the most, about 43% of the time, so why not spend money to get one that is good? Who cares if its 300 bucks, if it saves you strokes, then get it!

I have to agree with pshizz on this one. You're putter is the most important club in your bag followed by the wedges. I think having a good fairly new driver to take advantage of the newer technology is important but not as important as have a putter you have confidence in. Scotty's cost a lot but so do the drivers and they aren't nearly as important as most people hit your driver 12-14 times each round but you putt the ball every hole at least once. Nice choice btw they are great flatsitcks and I tested a Yes, owned a rife previously, nothing compares to the feel and roll of the Cameron in my opinion.

The Circa line offers the best feel....in my opinion.....of any of their heel-toe weighted wands.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Unfortunately, the Phils are totally stoppable right now. But that's not stopping me from going to the game tonight. Gotta love 'em.

I'd pay $150 for a putter if I had it. Money is tight and I need other clubs and greens fees and such, too!

And going to Phillies games is just fun regardless. I was at the Charlie Manuel bobblehead game and they killed it. Tough break with Hamels, though. :( They'll come around.

-Rich

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd pay $150 for a putter if I had it. Money is tight and I need other clubs and greens fees and such, too!

Yeah, I have to agree, it's such a fun experience... I don't usually pass up the chance. I was at the Harry the K tribute game, it was a pretty awesome experience.

They'll definitely come around. Until then, we'll just continue to be typical Philly fans and be critical of everything. At least we're not the Mets.

Note: This thread is 5470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!