IGNORED

Guess whos trail we HAVE to be following this week

rckwd
Note: This thread is 5470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just as soon throw up as to watch the channels swoon over those two...makes me sick

? am I missing something?

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

I guess the Tiger/Phil discussions... Both had good rounds today...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

Well I was on the edge of my seat when they were together in Augusta even though the real story was 2 groups behind them. Except for Mickelson's 30 on the front 9, it didn't call for that much hoopla, but the networks know what people like.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

• Administrator
I just as soon throw up as to watch the channels swoon over those two...makes me sick

That puts you in a very small minority.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If only they weren't so gosh darn good - then we'd really have something to complain about. I'd rather watch the other active players who have 60 something and 30 something wins... oops!

I think he's talking more about how the media covers these guys rather than the players themselves. It is rather crazy how noone else even exists. My reference to the Masters Sunday is a pretty good example. Neither player was even a factor (maybe Phil for a little bit) but you would have thought nobody else was on the course.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

I think he's talking more about how the media covers these guys rather than the players themselves. It is rather crazy how noone else even exists. My reference to the Masters Sunday is a pretty good example. Neither player was even a factor (maybe Phil for a little bit) but you would have thought nobody else was on the course.

The media has to go with what sells. I admit that coverage often focuses on Tiger or Phil but until someone starts beating them on a regular basis they will remain the headliners. Take Tiger's round at Quail Hollow - he started out before network coverage - what did the networks show all day - parts of his round and guess what, at the end of the day - He leads. Pretty hard for the networks to ignore that.

That puts you in a very small minority.

No that put everyone else in a lick butt majority....I want to watch golf. I like seeing those two play, but not EVERY FREEKING HOLE!!!!!

If only they weren't so gosh darn good - then we'd really have something to complain about. I'd rather watch the other active players who have 60 something and 30 something wins... oops!

Erik...Minority?

Ok...where do I even start with this?? Masters Sunday was about the leaders or people climbing the leaderboard battling for contention. Soooooooooo....would you rather watch 3 guys fart around the course playing to not lose? Or watch 2 guys put birdie after birdie on the board playing to win? Kenny Perry didn't birdie a hole until late in the round (12, 13?). Cabrera was +2 until late in the round as was Campbell. Where was the action? OH..those two guys whose "trail we have to follow".

Both Phil and Tiger left the 16th hole -10. If either go birdie birdie finish they get into the playoff with "the others". But you're right, they weren't factors :sarcasm: THE TWO GREATEST ACTIVE PLAYERS ON THE PGA TOUR are both having an incredible Sunday AT THE MASTERS NO LESS, but the network would rather watch Dudley Hart putt for a meaningless par in his +3 final round. (no offense to Dudley) This thread irritates me beyond belief. It's ****ing ridiculous. How can you people be mad that you're watching the 2 best players on earth play amazing golf? Who gives a shit if the media covers them over the other players. Why do you think they do that? To make money? Do you guys NOT LIKE money? Would you NOT do something if you thought it would make you money? NO! So enough with this Tiger/Phil media coverage hatefest. Erik, I'm sorry for the cursing. I felt as if it were necessary. :rant over:

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

Ok...where do I even start with this?? Masters Sunday was about the leaders or people climbing the leaderboard battling for contention. Soooooooooo....would you rather watch 3 guys fart around the course playing to not lose? Or watch 2 guys put birdie after birdie on the board playing to win? Kenny Perry didn't birdie a hole until late in the round (12, 13?). Cabrera was +2 until late in the round as was Campbell. Where was the action? OH..those two guys whose "trail we have to follow".

I had rather watch Perry and Cabrera

I tell you what...lets get rid of Phil and Tiger and then we we will see who are the golf players. Albeit those two people are the greatest right now....but you dont have to have the camera stuck up there butt for 4 days!!! They're 60+ golfers out there, all making the shot of their lives!!

If you diagree with me....just climb on the Tiger, Phil, Callaway, Nike bandwagon....I am sure they need your support

Well, then don't watch.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tell you what...lets get rid of Phil and Tiger and then we we will see who are the golf players.

We were without Tiger for almost a year and I will agree that it was still entertaining and I still watched most of the tournaments, but what on earth do you mean? "we will see who are the golf players". You're even putting a stamp on my point! They cover Tiger and Phil because all these other golfers are trying to beat THEM!

They're 60+ golfers out there, all making the shot of their lives!!

I know. And if it were that great of a shot, then I'm sure we got to see it. THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO FOLLOW BRINY BAIRD 64 HOLES UNTIL WE GET TO SEE HIM HOLE OUT A 154 YARD SHOT! (I don't know if that even happened I was just trying to prove a point.) They show all the great shots, but no one knows when they're going to happen. So instead they just follow who 90% of the people want to watch, then go back and show us all the great shots.

If you diagree with me....just climb on the Tiger, Phil, Callaway, Nike bandwagon....I am sure they need your support

Why do I have to jump on their bandwagon just because I disagree with you? Why can't I just disagree with you because you make no sense?

US Open TV Commentator

I'll watch anything if Tiger is in it. Make a channel that follows Tiger all day long and his practice sessions....I'll buy a TV dedicated for just that channel.

What exactly does Callaway and Nike have to do with this. Are you saying that the only reason to play either company is because Phil and Tiger do? I kind of agree with what NorCal said here (somewhat) in that Phil and Tiger put on the biggest show on Sunday... and Cabrerra and Perry didn't do jack shit on the front. I haven't watched the Quail Hollow coverage (just about to since replay is on), but I'm not surprised they would cover a lot of these two since they are the Jack and Arnie of the era.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

[QUOTE=NorCalGolfer;290704]We were without Tiger for almost a year and I will agree that it was still entertaining and I still watched most of the tournaments, but what on earth do you mean? "we will see who are the golf players". You're even putting a stamp on my point! They cover Tiger and Phil because all these other golfers are trying to beat THEM!

I know. And if it were that great of a shot, then I'm sure we got to see it. THAT DOESN'T MEAN WE HAVE TO FOLLOW BRINY BAIRD 64 HOLES UNTIL WE GET TO SEE HIM HOLE OUT A 154 YARD SHOT! (I don't know if that even happened I was just trying to prove a point.) They show all the great shots, but no one knows when they're going to happen. So instead they just follow who 90% of the people want to watch, then go back and show us all the great shots.

Note: This thread is 5470 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!