IGNORED

Amateur Tournaments in Ohio

neudi
Note: This thread is 5438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am going to be playing in 3 major amateur tournaments. They are U.S. Pub Linx, U.S. Amateur, and the Ohio Amateur. As some of you know I have quit smoking and am about to start P90x, a rigorous workout routine, that will help not only with my strength, but more importantly my flexibility and cardio. Are any of you going to be playing in these tournaments and if so have you played in them in the past and how have you done?
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

I also am going to be playing in 3 or 4 tournaments. I am playing in the Ohio Am, US Mid Am, Ohio Publinx, and maybe the US Publinx. The US Publinx depends on the Ohio Am qualifier, because the US Publinx and the Ohio Am take place in the same week in July. I have been away from competitive golf for a couple years now. I finished up playing college golf then went into the real world and haven't played amatuer tourneys in a while. I have rededicated myself and hope to get back to my old form. I have only played in the Ohio Amatuer, back in 2002, and I finished 35th.

If you are looking for more tournaments you should check out the Ohio Publinx. I am on the Board of Directors for the OPGA. It is a good tourney and is usually won by college golfers and top amatuers in Ohio. If you want details just let me know or you can go to www.opga.us .

I noticed the championship weeks for the oh am and the pub linx are the same week as well. I am already signed up for the oh am and can't afford to go to OK. if I qualify for the us pub linx anyways. I will take a look at the us pub linx though. Thanks a lot.
What's In The Bag?

Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

• 4 weeks later...
Just played in the Ohio Amateur on Tuesday and qualified with a 75 on a par 70. I finished bogey bogey bogey, but kept it together. There were 12 golfer's tied at 75 and there was only 1 spot left with 3 alternate spots. I birdied the first hole and watched as everyone else made par or worse. It was a great feeling to keep it together and get that last spot. Now it's on to the championship in July.
What's In The Bag?

First off, best of luck to you. I have never played competitively, but would love to if I can start playing at a competitive level. What courses are you going to be playing on?

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played on Tuesday out at Rattlesnake Ridge. Shot 74 and qualified. Can't wait until Moraine! It is a really nice course. I tried to give shots away during my round. The wheels started to come off in the middle of my round, but kept it together and ended up making 15 pars, a bogey, a birdie, and a double bogey to shoot the 74 (+2).

Congrats on qualifying guys!! I am about to start playing in tournaments later this year. This will be my first time as well. This year I am working on my game and I am entering the tournaments just for the experience. That way next year I will know what is going on when I have the game to compete.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5438 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!