IGNORED

TM R7 iron cleaning

Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not sure if the is the right section but i was wondering how i should clean my TM R7 irons. I usually junk dunk the iron head in soapy water and scrub. I dont know if i should do this with my R7 because water gets behind the plate on the back of the iron and it could rust.

thanks

I'm slightly concerned about that too with my TP irons....... So far, no issues... But I've only had them for a few months.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

The only places my irons get dirty are on the face and sole of the club head. So I just dip a brush in hot water and then scrub the sole and the face.

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

I have the Burner Plus irons and I was told the best way to do this was to use soapy water and let them air dry. I put hot water in a bucket with soap and use a brush to get in the grooves. Then I rinse them off and dry them with a towel and then let them sit over night to air dry.

I have the Burner Plus irons and I was told the best way to do this was to use soapy water and let them air dry. I put hot water in a bucket with soap and use a brush to get in the grooves. Then I rinse them off and dry them with a towel and then let them sit over night to air dry.

I have had my R7 TPs for about 2 years and have been cleaning them with soap/water in a bucket almost weekly and have yet to see it rust

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

I have had my R7 TPs for about 2 years and have been cleaning them with soap/water in a bucket almost weekly and have yet to see it rust

thanks for the knowledge!

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

i actually have taylormade burner xd irons and i clean them by using brush and water. i use a towel to dry them after. i didnt think soap was necessary but i guess starting now, ill try using soap

Bag: Warbird X

Driver: FT-9 10*
Woods: X-Fairway 3 & 5
Irons: Burner XD Steel 4-AWPutter: White Hot XG 330Ball: Soft Feel

Air dry them overnight. I usually face the cavity down so the water drains and then face them up so the rest of teh water can evaporate. If your really anal, take your hair drier to the cavity.

« Keith »

going off subject a little bit, whats a good way to clean the grips?
Da Bag

Driver Sumo 5000 9.5*
3 Wood Old School Supersteel, love it
Hybrid 3 FybridIrons tour burner 4-pwWedge 52*/58* Z wedgePutter White Hot XG #9Ball TP Red LDP

Good info...I just got my R7's yesterday! Regarding the grips...assuming they are nothing exotic, and the standard TM rubber grips, should some mild soap and water be fine?

Regards,

Gary

Nakashima HTEC 460 9.5, 65g Fujikura Motore F1 (s)
Speedline 3W, 70-gram Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis
SQ 2 18 Deg. Hybrid, stock stiff graphite
R7 irons, 4-LW, stock stiff steel
White Steel 2-Ball SRT PutterSunMountain MPB bagIGolf Neo

just joined the r7 club. I am ecstatic with these and think I have finally found a set that will suit me well. With my old irons (and I assume with these) I usually take some hot water, mild dish soap, and an old toothbrush to clean them. I rinse with water, let them air dry for a bit, then dry them off with terry cloth. Lately this has been done after every round, I have become somewhat obsessed with cleaning my clubs (it's like I am wiping away all of the bad strokes I just hit so they don't carry over to the next round, too bad the bad strokes are always there though...)

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

Note: This thread is 5462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!