IGNORED

Need some serious help here! Possible fake Cameron

Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow. I just feel sick to my stomach. In my haste I bought a Scotty Cameron putter from a guy on Criagslist for $200.00 used. It is a Studio Select Newport 2 and is almost flawless...except for this:
I thought I was a pretty good judge of fakes but on the way home I stopped at Golf Galaxy and looked at a few; the serial number on mine looks different. It is directly under the crown on the front, (not the back), and the numbers appear to be bigger than the ones at Golf Galaxy. It is my presumption I just bought a fake.

Any help would be swell, I just feel ill right now. Does the magnet test work or is there anything else I should be doing to authenticate it? That is other than paying $60.00 to Scotty Cameron to tell me it is probably not real.

Thanks!

Driver: 9.5* Sumo SQ 460 w/ UST Proforce V2
3 Wood: 15* 906F2 w/ Aldila NV Fairway 75S
5Wood 18* 906F2 w/ Aldila NV Fairway 75S
Irons: 695CB, 4-W w/ True Temper S-300's, standard loft and lie
Wedges: 52*,56*, 60* CG12/ChromePutter::Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2Bag: BX-8631Ball::...

Call the company and they should be able to tell you if the serial number is real. There is a chance they made clones, meaning fakes using a real serial number.
TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

Login to TheCameronCollector.com and ask around there. You will get some fast feedback from folks that know how you feel.....been there....done that....type feedback.

Good luck.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

On the Scotty Website there's a registry authentication... does that not work?
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

*blinks* wow thats a new one...

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

I think we need that as a new smiley. Also, an edit version about video of your swing.

In my Grom bag:

Driver........... Burner 9.5* S-Flex
3-Wood......... Burner 15* S-Flex
5-Wood......... Ovation 18* S-FlexIrons............. Pro Combos 3,5-PW Rifle 6.0Wedges......... CG12 52.10, 56.14, 60.10Putter............ 33" VP1 Milled PutterBall................ e6+ or B330-SRangefinder.....

On the Scotty Website there's a registry authentication... does that not work?

That's for authenticated putters/headcovers/etc.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Wow. I just feel sick to my stomach. In my haste I bought a Scotty Cameron putter from a guy on Criagslist for $200.00 used. It is a Studio Select Newport 2 and is almost flawless...except for this:

Yes. Magnet test works pretty well. If it sticks...bad news for ya.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

I will try to upload some pictures....first time so it might not work.
My main concern is the position of the serial number; it is on the front of the putter, not the reverse and the numbering appears bigger than the ones I viewed at the store.
Thanks again for the input.

Driver: 9.5* Sumo SQ 460 w/ UST Proforce V2
3 Wood: 15* 906F2 w/ Aldila NV Fairway 75S
5Wood 18* 906F2 w/ Aldila NV Fairway 75S
Irons: 695CB, 4-W w/ True Temper S-300's, standard loft and lie
Wedges: 52*,56*, 60* CG12/ChromePutter::Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2Bag: BX-8631Ball::...

It didn't by chance have plastic wrap on the head when you got it, did it? If so, that's a dead giveaway.

The fact that you said it's "almost flawless" could be a hint, if you meant that it has some blemishes, because they don't release blemished products. If you meant the condition, then disregard that.

Trust me, I feel your pain. I traded a couple clubs a while back to someone for a fake Scotty on craigslist and then the punk kid dissapeared.

So frustrating. I was boiling for a month.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

I feel for you my friend. I know alot of people who got "taken" by people on Craigslist. Well try everything that everyone has listed. Hopefully you will have some answers soon.

Where you able to resolve the issue? Anyone know if the serial number placement was changed over the years?

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

i am sorry to say but i just looked at my sc compared to the pics and the number does look darker on yours .. i would email the pics to sc

Considering new Woods what you think ?

Driver launcher 10.5
Irons Cg gold 5-10
Hybrids R7 cgb max Wedges CG12Putter Newport 2 mid slantBalls Nxt extremeConsidering new Woods what you think ?

I checked my Cameron and the serial number is beneath the grip on the bottom of the shaft, i.e. you can't see it from the playing position... my dad's Cameron is the same, he has a Fastback model... Don't have any experience with craigslist, is there any legal action you can take against the seller if it is indeed a fake? Hate that you had a bad experience, hopefully things will get worked out

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Note: This thread is 5463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!