IGNORED

How stupid can people be?

BOOMSHANKA
Note: This thread is 5453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just have to vent here...I just got back from playing at the golf club that I belong to...it is also a public coarse. I can't believe that someone, who must have been playing in front of my golfing party, was taking the flagsticks on 4 of the greens and pushing the ends into the greens leaving 3 to 5 deep holes in each of the 4 greens. How inconsiderate could some S.O.B. be to do this. Anyone else have any similar experience on their home coarse?

In the Bag
Driver: Taylormade R7 limited
Fairway woods: X fairway 3 wood
Hybrids: G15 20 degree
Irons: G10 4-PW & SW

Putter: White Hot XG #1

Ball: NXT tour

The only thing a golfer needs is more daylight-Ben Hogan

Slow play and people who don't repair the damage they due to the greens drive me nuts.

Yesterday's round was played behind a very slow foursome. My group was getting angry and it was just stupid things slowing them down. They were in carts.....driver would hit...... then the passenger would get out and go through the club selection process and 19 practice swings.

Folks need to play ready golf and repair their ball marks and sand their divots.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I always get stuck behind the heavy set guy who can't pick up his feet on the green I have such great luck.

Titleist 14 way stand bag
Driver: Titleist 910 D3
3wood: Titleist 910f
hybrid: Ping I20
4-Gw: Ping I20

56 Wedge: Titleist Vokey SM4

60 Wedge: Cleveland CG10

Putter: Scotty Cameron California Fastback

I never believed in capital punishment for rude golfers until this past weekend. I was playing by myself and got paired with another single. Turns out we were both 17 handicaps, so very similar pace and quality of play. We got along great and were having a lot of fun playing....until we got to the back nine.

The foursome in front of us let us play through and we soon realized why. The group in front of us were literally the rudest golfers I have ever encountered. I'm talking intentionally being as painfully difficult as possible. Here are a few examples:

- Two of the foursome werwe walking, so instead of each walking to their own balls, they would both walk to one of their balls, let the guy literally take ten practice swings, shank the ball or hit a duff shot twenty yards, and then they would go to the other guy's ball and do the same thing. This continued throughout the entire back nine.

- Each hitting between 2-4 balls off the tee.

- One of these guys felt compelled to give the other guy lessons on the tee box after they hit. After they all hit. IOW, when they should be moving towards their tee shots (as badly hit as they were), they instead lingered behind for a good 2-3 minutes to talk golf swings

- These jerks actually got worse as they round progressed. They were going so slow that an elderly foursome (two couples, both sets I estimate to be in their 70's) that were right in front of them at the turn actually finished their round while these guys were still on the 16th hole. Starting on the 15th green, after they putted out and replaced the flagstick and put their putter back in the bag, they would stand on the green for several minutes looking back at the fairway and counting their shots. By this time, we had three groups stacked up on the tee box. These guys knew exactly what they were doing. In the meantime, I and a player from the group behind us were calling the clubhouse. We got some pimple-faced kid on the phone who informed us that he was the only one there and couldn't do anything to help us.

Finally, when we were on the 18th fairway waiting to hit our approach shots, they pulled the samw BS - hanging aorund on the green. Apparently, a manager had showed up and could see wha( was goimg on through the back window because all of the sudden this lady comes on the loudspeaker and tells them to "exit the green immediately.". They glared at my new playing partner and me and walked away.

The kicker to all this was that during the entire back nine, neither of us did anything that would even remotely justify ANY response for them, much less the behavior they displayed. We never said a word to them, never hit a ball until they were well clear of the fairway or green, absolutely nothing. The only thing I can guess is that they were having a typical bad golf experience and decided to take it out on everyone else.

The whole episode was unbelievable. The only good that came out of it was I met a fellow golfer that I think will make a great future playing partner.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

I've never played on a golf 'coarse'.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

I feel ya man!!! I work at an upscale golf course and lately we've been having what we call "the $35 crowd"!! Its about 85-110 bucks to play there and usually the golfers that come around know what their doing out on the course and have consideration for others.... well I guess the rates dropped to like 45 bucks or something and we've been getting these guys that come out and play the course that just dont know a d##* thing about golf!! And they dont tip a thing literally... Ive just learned to let it go in one ear and out the other, except when Im playing, Im deff short tempered when it comes to ignorance if you know what I mean.
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

I never believed in capital punishment for rude golfers until this past weekend.[snip]

I would have asked to play through, if that didn't work, ask them to move their happy butts along in a timely fashion, if that didn't work, tell them what I thought of their mothers and leapfrog them to the next hole and come back later for the one they made me miss.

...the world is full of people happy to tell you that your dreams are unrealistic, that you don't have the talent to realize them. - Bob Rotella

Driver - Taylormade R1.
Fairway - Taylormade R9 15º.
Hybrid - A3OS 3 Hybrid.

Irons - Cast CCI 4-AW.

Wedge - SV Tour 56º wedge.

I feel ya man!!! I work at an upscale golf course and lately we've been having what we call "the $35 crowd"!! Its about 85-110 bucks to play there and usually the golfers that come around know what their doing out on the course and have consideration for others.... well I guess the rates dropped to like 45 bucks or something and we've been getting these guys that come out and play the course that just dont know a d##* thing about golf!! And they dont tip a thing literally... Ive just learned to let it go in one ear and out the other, except when Im playing, Im deff short tempered when it comes to ignorance if you know what I mean.

I don't know about that, I play at some cheap courses...seems like most everyone just wants to play, sometimes you play behind a group of young drunks, but not to often. Some of the absolute biggest azzholes I have encountered are at the expensive courses, or wannabe expensive courses. That goes for the marshalls and doorman caddies also. I would much rather go to the driving range then Hooters for lunch. Spend way less money, and have fun.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I agree that people without golf etiquette just piss me off! I have found that if I go early enough in the mornings then most jerks aren't playing yet , but a few of my playing buddies only play evenings due to work/class schedules. Last week were gonna play 18 at a course starting at 4 pm and only got 9 in because there were three groups in front of us that were playing like that. We jumped this first one and found out the next two weren't any better, so we just took our time. Took us 3.5-4 hours to finish the 9... I play 3-4 public courses around here during the school year and go home to my home course during the summer. Two of the courses are loaded with college students and people who really don't play golf. Nothing pisses me off more than when I am fixing my ball mark and find 5 more that are even bigger than mine to fix!

In my Ozone stand bag:
Driver: 909 D2 9.5
3 Wood: MT-15
Irons: 1025-C 3-P
Gap: Spin Milled 52-06 Oil-CanSand: Spin Milled 56-08 RawLob: Spin Milled 60-13 Oil-CanPutter: AntiguaBall: Z-Star X

I've had my share of people in front of me who've been enough to make me want to hit a drive on a par 3 while they're still on the green. Anyway,
I wanted to ask if anyone's ever had a playing PARTNER they got paired up with that was nice and all, but didn't know when to shut up. I was with my gf who was just riding with me (she is taking up the sport and wanted to get a feel for it) so i asked the club house to pair me up with someone. From the first tee it was nice, friendly conversation and whatnot, i played blues and him from whites..if he didn't like his drive he played where mine was...lol anyway...this man talked RELENTLESSLY through 18 holes. I mean on everything from yankees tickets to food, to his daugther being a teacher overseas...during putts, on tee-boxes, etc. Anyone else have this happen to them?

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

There is a somewhat busy road that borders my regular course. It is quite common for people to scream from passing cars while your are swinging. Ohhh, to be able to quickly turn nail their car with a ball.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A couple of weeks ago the dumbass' in front of me were driving their buggy ON the greens. Last year I was behind someone who put his standbag down on the green took his putt then put the bag next to the ball again! The worst thing was this guy seemed to hit the ball pretty well so was not new to the game.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

The plus side about cheaper greens fees is that I get to golf more.

The down side is, so do all the local denim duffers.

In my Vaporlite Bag
Driver: Hireko PowerPlay Q2 10.5*
3 Wood: SS 3.5 14*
20* Hybrid: 3dx
Irons: 804 OS 4-PWWedges: 52* Vintage Forged 54* Vokey Spin-Milled 58* Vokey Raw Putter: Crossbax 2.0Ball: Gamer or D2 Feel

I'm not a great golfer, but on a good day hold my own. I have golfed with the Grandchildren and the one thing I have tried to instill in them is golf courtesy. I pointed out to them the slow and inconsiderate players. The oldest is now in college, but a joy to golf with.

I've found a cup that was pulled out and burried in a back bunker so that it would hold the stick up. It was obvious, but you get what they were trying to do.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I've had my share of people in front of me who've been enough to make me want to hit a drive on a par 3 while they're still on the green. Anyway,

Paired? No, played with by choice (didn't know it before the round), yes. I posted something about it earlier.

LD F Speed 9.5 Driver Stiff
MX 700 3W Stiff
MP Fli Hi 2, 3, 4
MP 52 5i-9i
MP-T 47.06, 51.06, & 58.10 White Hot XG Teron Putter ProV1x ShoesQUOTE:"I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones" - Terry "The Wedge Guy" Koehler

I have had numerous situations of dealing with slow play/no etiquette. The best story was I was playing with my Dad and another bud. We came up to a fivesome. They were loud drinking and having a great time. We played one hole behind them in about a half hour. We came to next. A short par 3 and I expected they'd let us through.....Stood on tee about 5 minutes, realized it wasn't going to happen, so I drove down to green went up to the loudest most aggressive one and asked if he was having a good time. Why yes he said...I said well I'm not, and would you mind if we play through....He said no problem.....Some people just get in their world and everything else doesn't exist. Numerous other times I have initiated the "Can we play through" dialogue. It makes for 15 minutes of pain rather than several hours.....

I once hit my drive in the fairway, was driving over to my ball when I see a guy pull up in his golf cart pick up my ball and drive off. I yelled, "Ay bro that's my ball..." And he stops, turns around, and says, "oh okay, well your ball was right (throws my ball from his cart back on to the fairway)...right there." And drives off...

R7 Limited Patriot 9.5º
Sasquatch 15º
Idea Pro Gold Hybrid 20º
Tour Preferred Irons 4-PW
Z Smoke TP 52º SV Tour Black Satin 56º Rossa Core Classics Fontana One Tour

Note: This thread is 5453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!