IGNORED

Nickent 5dx Ironwood

Note: This thread is 4964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just won a Nickent 5dx Ironwood on ebay........for 50 bucks even!!!!

I'm a little skeptical about it. They seller has 100% positive feedback, but is only a 34. The auction was for one day only, I bid from my iPhone, thinking that I would surely be outbid, but I wasn't. So I woke up this morning with an email saying that I had won the hybrid.

What do you guys think?

It is brand new according to the ebay listing, so its not like I on accident bid on just a club head or something.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

I just won the club today, so I'm going to wait to here from someone on here before I go ahead and make a payment.

I'm hoping I just lucked up and got a good deal.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

Iv never hit it but in abit Rocketsauce will tell you its the best hybrid out there. Must be one heck of a club.....

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

Oh I love my lone Nickent 3dx #4 Ironwood. it hits so straight and I can get great distance. I love it. I'm sure the 5dx is going to be even better....I was just a little worried about getting ripped off because of the great deal.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood

Correction....it is a used club. I'm guessing that is why its 50 bucks. They rate it a 9.5 out of 10.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood

Well I would just pay for it and if it's a POS when you get it just return it.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

I just won the club today, so I'm going to wait to here from someone on here before I go ahead and make a payment.

eBay is pretty clear on the rules...you bid, you win, you pay!

Let us know how the club is. I have a 4DX - love it!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Sometimes you just get lucky and score a great deal. I got my putter off an internet auction site for a steal when I thought for sure that someone would outbid me. Also, consider the fact that Nickent isn't one of the "big names" so a lot of people might have overlooked it when they were browsing and didn't realise there was a great deal to be had.

Nickent might have great clubs, but I bet they don't hold their value at all, especially with all the trouble they are having right now. I would say chalk it up as a great deal if the club is in good condition. As Fat Slice said, you won, you need to pay.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Oh I paid already, I was just getting a second opinion that I wasn't getting ripped off.

I'm pumped about getting the club. I love my 3Dx and I'm sure I'll love the 5!!!!!

I'll let you guys know how it goes.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood

The price doesn't surprise me. Nickent makes great stuff, but they have a hell of a time selling it.

I got my set for about $400 off ebay brand new from gppgolf.com. It consisted of: 3h, 4h, 5i-9i, PW, Driver.(Same stuff in my sig). It was the single best deal i could find, and I haven't looked back once.

In my Extreme Sport Stand Bag
Driver: 4DX D-Spec Driver 10.5* Stiff UST SR3
3W: F-60 15* Regular Fujikura E150 Fit-On
Hybrids: 4DX Ironwoods 20* 23* Regular UST SR3
Irons: 4DX CB 5-PW Stiff True Temper ST-90Wedges: Vokey 50* 56*Putter: SabertoothBall: DT Roll

The Nickent 5DX is a great club, I upgraded from 4DX to the 5DX and never looked back. Congrats on the killer deal!
Driver: Adams a4 9015D (Diamana Kai'li) Spined
Wood: TE Exotics XCG-V 3W (VooDoo) SST PURE ®
Hybrids: Scratch Hybrids 18º & 24º (Aerotech FiberSteel i80 & i110) SST PURE ®
Irons: Scratch EZ-1 (KBS Black Nickel) SST PURE ®
Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 (52º, 56º, 64º)Putter: Byron...

Got my new #6 5DX Ironwood in today. That thing looks awesome. I can't wait to get out on the range and hit some balls. I'll write a review whenever I get back tomorrow!

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood

• 1 year later...
No followups...so I will make one.

I bought 2 5DX clubs, a 3+ and 2+ with factory stiff shafts.

I already play a 4DX #3 and #4 which I *love*.

I took the 5DXs out for a round and to the range and for me....they're not as good as the 4DX. Maybe it's my swing, I dunno. The heads don't seem to have the same pop and the shaft's might be stiffer and they don't feel like they are loading/unloading. I'm gonna sell them - they're not for me - and look for a 4DX #2.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Note: This thread is 4964 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!