IGNORED

Geek Drivers: Distance, Forgiveness etc. - Info?

Note: This thread is 4119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Been looking into new drivers, namely an R7 425 since the Titleist D3 is still too pricey. At any rate, lots of talk about Geek drivers floating around the net. Anyone got any solid info about the DCT or the FS3? Like, in comparison to the major drivers on the market? Mainly looking for lower spin heads that hit the ball straight.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

I've been playing the DCT in my sig for over a year now and have tried MANY other drivers and this is by far the best combo for me so far. I own around 14 or 15 others and i keep coming back to OLD FAITHFUL. I tried the FS2 and FS3 and neither did it for me like the DCT. Not to take anything away from either just never gave them much of a chance because I didn't get the same quick results as I di with the DCT. Steve Almo is a very personable Man and gives one of the best warranties around and will gladly talk to you about his designs as well as just about anything else for that matter. BTW I own 2 at this time also a DCT 551.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Considering the geek drivers are designed for long drive competitors, low-spinning and forgiving heads are a must, so you should be good.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

The driver is pretty awesome. See my sig.

My suggestion is to find a head that is a little higher than what you normally play. The reason is that since it's a lower spinning head, the ball is going to launch lower and thus have a lower ballflight.

Two benefits that I've noticed: one, I can play a higher spinning ball because of the head. 2) Whenever I use a distance ball, like the DT Carry, the ball just goes and goes.

Try it with a lighter shaft, too. You'll notice the difference, immediately.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

Another good thing is you can talk to the BOSS himself and have one hand picked for ACTUAL loft and Face angle. If you're interested, let me know, and I'll give you his phone number. You can't beat that kind of service anywhere.

-Landon

Is there any way I can try one out instead of ordering directly? I have a shaft and grip I like, but I would also need to find a way to attach it once it got here.

Hmmm... I like my driver, but ... it's called Geek driver? That's perfect for me. How can I demo one?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You can probably find one fairly cheap if you shop "Buy, Sell, Trade" sections of some forums. It's "GEEK GOLF" the drive I have is the "DotComThis" and he has 3 other designs, the "Fail Safe" 1, 2 and 3. The DotComThis 551 is a commemorative for the longest driver ever in a pro tour event of 551 yards by Mike Dobbin in a Harmon Tour event. He also won the Remax World Long Drive in 2007 with a DotComThis. Jamie Sadlowski, this years winner was a GEEK staffer that year too and finished 3rd. He won this year with Cobra. Mike Dobbin re-upped with GEEK for this year. The 3rd place finisher in 2008, Joe Schuba, is a GEEK staffer.

If you want to look for one let me know and I'll keep my eyes open for you, just tell me loft and keep me posted via PM.

-Landon

You can probably find one fairly cheap if you shop "Buy, Sell, Trade" sections of some forums. It's "GEEK GOLF" the drive I have is the "DotComThis" and he has 3 other designs, the "Fail Safe" 1, 2 and 3. The DotComThis 551 is a commemorative for the longest driver ever in a pro tour event of 551 yards by Mike Dobbin in a Harmon Tour event. He also won the Remax World Long Drive in 2007 with a DotComThis. Jamie Sadlowski, this years winner was a GEEK staffer that year too and finished 3rd. He won this year with Cobra. Mike Dobbin re-upped with GEEK for this year. The 3rd place finisher in 2008, Joe Schuba, is a GEEK staffer.

Not trying to jack someone elses thread, but....

LBlack, how is the forgiveness on the DCT in you honest opinion? I'm also looking into getting one to play around with (have a 75g Saga ready lol) and am wondering just how less forgiving it would feel compared to my 4DX (or if it would feel less). I know its a personal preference/feel kind of thing, would just like to hear your insight. James

Geek drivers? I see a lot of them around here, and everytime I visit the San Jose area they're all over the place. They're really annoying, with their stupid little pocket protectors and taped-together glasses, driving their Prius slowly in the fast lane on the way to Fry's Electronics, with the stupid little "I Luv Linux" bumper stickers. I really don't care for them at all. Oh, wait....you're talking about golf club drivers ? Never mind.......

Not trying to jack someone elses thread, but....

Not so much as the super MOI drivers, but I can tell you this, if it wasn't forgiving I wouldn't own one. I'd say on par with your 4DX and I was very surprised at how forgiving it actually was.

-Landon

Here's one for a good price and if you don't like the shaft ask about head only.

http://www.freegolfinfo.com/forums/tm.aspx?m=2508512

-Landon

Not so much as the super MOI drivers, but I can tell you this, if it wasn't forgiving I wouldn't own one. I'd say on par with your 4DX and I was very surprised at how forgiving it actually was.

Many thanks. Got a good deal on a Fail Safe 3 head so I took the plunge on that rather than the DCT, excited as all get out about it too!

Many thanks. Got a good deal on a Fail Safe 3 head so I took the plunge on that rather than the DCT, excited as all get out about it too!

I saw ya workin your post over @ GD, Enjoy!

-Landon

The website doesn't give any info about the company or its history. Where are these made? It just looks like a custom club shop being ran out of someone's basement?

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

You want more info.? Go to Golfdiscussions.com and ask about the pedigree of Steve Almo owner and designer of "GEEK Golf". He also started BANG Golf and is one of the geniuses in the business. Worked for other golf companies coming up. Know anything about the Long Drive competitions? They're made the same place the majority of your bag is.

Are you trolling now?

-Landon

Actually no I'm not trolling. I browsed the threads and was curious what Geek golf was. I found their website and it sucked. It didn't give any background info of the company, where they were from, who the owner is, and names of any pros using their product.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

http://www.geekgolf.net/index.html

Check it out again and give it time to load. Plenty of "Pros" and actually an impressive record. You can also read about Steve's pedigree.

I am in no way associated with GEEK Golf except I use his drivers.

-Landon

Oh and plenty of info about it's history, just have to click on the correct link.

-Landon

Note: This thread is 4119 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!