IGNORED

took the skycaddie plunge...

Note: This thread is 5453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just bought an SG5 today ...

loaded up 6 courses on it ... gonna take it out tomorrow and test it out. Playing in the Michigan Amateur qualifier in 2 weeks at a pretty good course. Also going to be playing in 3 or 4 other tournaments this year.

I'm tired of "guesstimating" the yardages based off of sprinklers, etc.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

Please try and post your review!

I am in the same boat as you now but don't know if it will change the game for me for the better or worse.

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

I have the SG2.5 and love it. Would be interested in what lead you to your decision to get the 5 instead of the 2.5? From my research the only difference was the larger and color display.

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

you'll love it. I have the 2.5 and have only played 2 rounds with it but it is ridiculously accurate. Now if only my game was as accurate...

Sasquatch Tour Stand Bag

taylor made R9 460 - 10.5 | taylor made Burner Wood - 15 | callaway BB Heavenwood 3 Hybrid - 20 | nickent 3dx RC 4 Hybrid - 23 |mizuno MX300 5-PW | titleist SM Vokey - 50/54/58 | scotty cameron Fastback - 33'' | titleist NXT Tourhttp://www...

I have the SG2.5 and love it. Would be interested in what lead you to your decision to get the 5 instead of the 2.5? From my research the only difference was the larger and color display.

Decided to jump to the top of the line one and not "Wonder". I wondered how the 2.5 screen would be in bright sunny days.

Sean

What's in the bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11S 9 degree.  Set to upright 8 degree.  Aldila RIP Alpha 60s X flex shaft.

3 wood: TaylorMade 13 degree RocketBallz (coming shortly).. X Flex Matrix X Conn.

Hybrids: 2iron / 4iron Taylor Burner Rescue.

Irons: 5 - PW 2008 Model Year Titleist AP2

Wedges: 49*, 54* 60* Cleveland 588 Rusties.

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi Long.

Balls: Titleist Pro VX

Bag: Titleist Black / Red Staff

I have had one for over a year now and I absolutely love it. I have found that the sprinkler head distances are not that accurate. Plus when you are way left or right where there are no sprinkler heads then you would have to guess at a distance without it. It is great for laying up, carrying a bunker or hazard, carrying into a particular shelf on the green, etc... The only thing I wish is that it could somehow account for slope...but then I guess it would be illegal in tournament play. I highly recommend it!! I have the SG5 by the way. I wanted the color display and I got it at a good price.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Once I lower my HC and start getting much better I will probably be buying an SG5 so please post your reviews of the product on here because I am very interested in hearing them.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Kind of a silly question, but...

What's a Skycaddie, and what does it do?

In my bag:

R540 Driver
Stan Thompson "Ginty" 5 wood
Burner LCG 3-PW, SW, LW putter (mallet) and golf balls

Kind of a silly question, but...

It's a golf GPS. It will give you the yardage to certain spots on the hole (bunker, front green, pin, back green, etc) so that you will know what club to use. It basically is an electronic caddy that tells you how far to hit it to carry a water hazard or to lay up or how far to hit the green.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Why did you choose skycaddie? Did you look at any of the Bushnell range finders?

R7 SuperQuad 10.5 Aldila nv 65-s
Burner 15 UST proforce V2
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 23 Matrix Ozik
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 18 Matrix Ozik
AP2 5-PW Vokey SM52.08Vokey SM56.10Vokey SM60.04 Studio Style Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5453 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!