IGNORED

Swing question

superotto80
Note: This thread is 5451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all,

I have a question. The last few time I have been out i have been playing horrible and I think I know why. I believe that rather than an inside out swing I am doing the opposite. My swing is coming from the outside. I believe this is called to steep. right? Well my question is what should i focus on to stop.

In my N xtreme sport bag

Driver- Hibore XLS
3 Wood- Speed LDF
3 & 4- Insight A2OS Hybrid

5-9- 755's

L,S,Gtom Watson G, S, L

Putter- Karsten Anser

Ball- Whatever

The swing should be inside-in. If you're coming from the outside-in it means that your right elbow is getting out away from your body (just guessing here w/o video). Try keeping your right arm under your left arm coming down into impact. From behind, you should be able to see a space between your right arm and left (check any golf mag to see what I'm referring to). Good luck-

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

My instructor would probably say the "downswing,"

more specifically, your swingpath

more specifically still, a 7pm to 1 pm swingpath.
(I prefer 6:30 to 12:30, as 7 to 1 seems to cause me to push a bit)

[This assumes you are standing behind 9 pm, on the 9pm - 3pm axis.]

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

You might be casting it.

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

4 things:
- Don't shift your weight much if at all off the ball during backswing
- Turn your shoulders as much as your flexibility allows
- Keep your arms on your body / short backswing and don't wrap your arms around your body on the way back, your hands should get on top of your right shoulder.

Obviously 1000 people will tell you 1000 things but these basics should help a 36 handicapper a lot.

Biggest one is the weight shift. Keep that weight still on the way back and turn those shoulders. You'll pound it if you do it right.

If you are hooking the ball your arms are likely getting trapped behind your body / late release. Make sure you don't turn your shoulders flat, keep your left shoulder down so the angle of your shoulder turn doesn't flatten out.

Swing = Stacked and On Plane when possible.
In My Bag:
Driver: Ping G5 9° Alidila NV 75g Stiff
3-Wood: Nike SQ 15° Diamana Stiff (Stock)
Irons: NIKE FORGED SPLIT CAVIY (S300)Wedges: Taylormade RAC Fe2O3 (Rust) 52°/56°/60°Putter: Titleist/Cameron Newport 1.5Ball: Looking for a new...

Hello all,

I'm sure your problem stems from a swing issue but I'm gonna throw this out there: If you were playing well before and now your playing terrible the last few times out, check your mental state. If your hitting a couple bad shots and it's getting to you then your scoring may be suffering from your mental state more than your bad swing mechanics. The last month or so I have been hitting the ball maybe better than I ever have but I have been scoring mediocre at best. I finally realized it was my attitude that was getting in my way. This week I took a step back, studied up on the mental game and what I could do to keep a positive attitude on the course. This afternoon I went out and hit the ball absolutely horrible but scored one of my best rounds in over a month because I stayed positive. If anything you can take from this is stay positive even when your swing is off and you will still manage to get it around in a good score! Good Luck!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Note: This thread is 5451 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!