IGNORED

Just Bought My first clubs(dunlop attack set)...

Note: This thread is 5448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok, so after long debate, i decided to go with the Dunlop Attack set, it came w/ a driver, 3 wood, 4hybrid, then 5-pw and a putter. Plan on taking them out to the driving range tomorrow w/ a friend, or maybe even play a few holes w/ them. Anybody else ever use these? This is basically a thank you thread to everybody who told me what i should do as a beginner buying clubs, THanks!

Price: 99$

ive never used them but im sure they are a hell of a lot better than the clubs i learned to play golf with (womens Wilson Patty Berg blades and persimmon woods). those package deal sets are usually great for beginners like yourself. then once you become a better golfer you can look into getting something better. good luck and congratulations!

Congrats man. Get out and have a ball. Be sure to take a few 1/2 hour lessons soon as possible. Grip, stance and ball position, basic fundamentals, etc.. This will pay huge dividends later and you will improve much faster. Wish I had done this.

ive never used them but im sure they are a hell of a lot better than the clubs i learned to play golf with (womens Wilson Patty Berg blades and persimmon woods). those package deal sets are usually great for beginners like yourself. then once you become a better golfer you can look into getting something better. good luck and congratulations!

My first club purchase was a set of Dunlop Air Foils. Good beginner club.

Very shrewd to start with lower cost clubs. Now you can always give it up without huge regret/effort of selling clubs (though I hope you don't choose this route), or start playing and build some skill before moving on. Hopefully you can give many other clubs/drivers a try before you move on to the more expensive pieces.

from what i heard the dunlop sets are pretty good... i got a ram set for xmas and the first time taking em out the hybrid broke! so i vowed to stay away from cheaper equipment for a 100 bucs more then the rams i got a set of adams irons a driver a putter and a wedge and it was a much better set i was able to upgrade the set and now im verry pleased with it! good luck with the clubs!

in my bag
hibore xls 9.5* S flex
sumo2 sasquatch 3 wood 15*
a2os 3 hybrid
sc2 4-pw mpt raw haze 52* 588 56* wedge xtour PM grind 60* cleveland classic #2

My first set of clubs was Dunlop as well. Great way to get started without a hefty price tage. I played them for years when I was young and they treated me very well during that time. Granted this was back when you could still get wood woods rather then metal ones (though most high end clubs were metal then).

Go out and have fun with your new clubs, I'm sure they will serve you very well.

Driver- titleist.gif 909D2 9.5* 
Fairway Wood- titleist.gif 909F2 15.5* w/ Diamana Blue stiff
Hybrid- titleist.gif 909H 19* 
Irons- mizuno.gifMX-200 4-PW, vokey.gifSM 50.8 bent to 51*, SM 56.11, and TVD 60*M
Putter- cameron.gif Newport 2.5 

Just played my last round today with my Dunlop irons ( cobras should arrive early next week :) )

Granted, I got mine about 8-10 years ago, but they lasted that long and are still in good condition. Never had any complaints about them, except the fact that the driver flex was way to flexible for me when i got stronger lol.

All in all, they should be good reliable clubs for ya

What will be in my bag by the end of the summer

[✓] Driver - Burner Draw 10.5°
[x] Woods - Sumo² 15°
[✓] Irons - S9 II 4-GW[x] Wedge - Sure-Out 56°[x] Putter - Ignite[✓] Balls - HVC Tour SF

My first set was a set of Dunlops as well. They are perfect for a beginner. Inexpensive, some game improvement technology and pleasing to the eyes.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 5448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!