IGNORED

Taylor Made or Callaway???

Note: This thread is 5443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Got a friend who has a couple sets of irons for sale. He buys a new set of clubs every year. I don't have the liberty to do that of course. He has a set of Taylor Made R7's for sale and a set of Callaway X18's. Both have only been hit probably a dozen times.

Any suggestions?

Try them out for sure because they are both great clubs. The X18s are an older model of course. I went with X22s instead of r7's but they were a close second.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Try them out for sure because they are both great clubs. The X18s are an older model of course. I went with X22s instead of r7's but they were a close second.

Been hitting Ping Eye 2's for the last 6 years. Age really doesn't matter. Just wondering some pro's and con's of the 2 if anyone knew.

Just try them out, play a round with each or go to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls with them. See which feel better in your hands. Personally I would go with the Taylor Made's but that's just from my own experience

In The Bag:
Driver: r7 460 (9.5)
Fairway Woods: r7 CGB Max (3,5)
Hybrid:r7 CGB Max
Irons:AP2Wedges:Vokey Spin Milled Tour Chrome (52/8, 56/14, 60/4)Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Balls:Pro V1x 2009

dude, go with the tmades

15 yrs old

DriverBurner 10.5 degree stiff flexFairway Burner 15 degree proforce 75 gram regular flex Hybridrescue dual 19 degree stiff flexHybrid edge cft hybrid 24 degree stiff flex Irons progressive XC 5-PW regular HOPING FOR TOUR PREFERRED's!SW rac satin tp wedge 56 degreesLW spin milled...

dude, go with the tmades

good argument. lol

but yeah, just hit the range like everyone else said. See if you can get them both at the same time, and maybe do something like hit the R7 5 iron 10 times, then the X18 5 iron 10 times right after to make it easier to compare the two.

What will be in my bag by the end of the summer

[✓] Driver - Burner Draw 10.5°
[x] Woods - Sumo² 15°
[✓] Irons - S9 II 4-GW[x] Wedge - Sure-Out 56°[x] Putter - Ignite[✓] Balls - HVC Tour SF

Good point above.

Keep in mind reading the other post that people are just telling you to get what they have. Its human nature. So....

I say get the Callaways.

Awesome clubs dude

I was kidding. You need to hit both sets and decide. Nothing anyone can say will add up to a hill of beans. Hit the clubs and buy the ones you hit best.

Note: This thread is 5443 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!