IGNORED

Counterfeit Callaway X-20

Lotok
Note: This thread is 4782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When we figured out they were counterfeit I tried contacting ebay/paypal but they have a 45 day rule. If you dont complain in 45 days then its your problem.

The seller of the clubs has since removed his ebay account. I am told he had several hundred positive feedback which is why she thought it was ok. These people take advantage of novices and people who know no different. My wife isnt a golfer, she didnt even know fakes existed so was not looking out for them.

I have to agree also that purposely buying counterfeit clubs is wrong in my opinion. There are moral and legal reasons for me saying that but also quality. A low budget clubs will probaby be a better starting point, or 2nd hand clubs.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

So I'm interested in getting new clubs, specifically the X-22 tour irons. I wanted to post a thread, but being new to the forum, I am not yet allowed.

So here's my question...there are various ebay sellers selling these clubs from anywhere from $550-650. How can I tell they are legit before investing in them? Is there something I can do before putting in a bid to find out? Up until this thread, I was thinking I would ask for a picture of the serial number of the club I would get, but it appears as though this may not do the trick.

Any suggestions?

Also, another thing i wanted to ask is about the shaft that would best suit my game. I currently have the TM RAC OS and of course, looking to upgrade. I have a really have a high trajectory shot and play with a stiff shaft. I think I may benefit a little from a lower trajectory shot, specially when it gets windy (I am not that good to control my trajectory, but I am also planning on getting lessons soon to help me fine tune my game as I've been self taught from Day 1). Any insight on this would be appreciated.

Hi All,

asking for the serial number can be a good idea. but you can also either post the sellers names here (or PM me) and those of us who do A LOT of business on Ebay will be able to tell you who the legit sellers are for the most part. but there are also tons of single sellers who are just selling their clubs too that are totally legit. rule #1 is to NEVER buy from a seller in China. but sometimes, that doesnt even work because on their profile it says they are in the USA, yet when the package arrives, it came straight from China. yes, there are A LOT of fake Callaway irons on ebay, but there are also A LOT of legit ones too. the legit sellers will not sell you fakes. some off the top of my head are

Timtheputterman, GlobalGolf, TylerJoker, ProClubsDirect, DansGolfShop, 3BallsGolf , etc, etc, etc, etc, etc...any of those sellers will have LEGIT Callaway irons. and again, there are lots of other sellers that have legit irons as well, but those are just some of the good guys that come to mind. I have over 4000 transactions on ebay and Ive had experience with all of those sellers. plus, they all have EXCELLENT reputations.

Thanks for the references. I will look into them and see what their prices are. I would rather buy from a trusted source than take my chances.

Do you have any suggestions about the shaft I should get per my previous post?

You know alot of the fakes are just over-runs at the factory that the workers sell on the black market to make up for the $4 a day they make working there? Alot of the fakes hit exactly like the real deal, they just arn't "official"

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

RocketSauce - I just looked at the clubs that Timtheputterman has and he has the same identical clubs, one for a price of 579.99 and the other for 529.99. They are both BuyItNow prices. What is the deal with that? Am I missing something or what?

The $529 ones say "stiff shaft" in the description.

$579:

"This item up for bids is a BRAND NEW RIGHT HANDED SET OF CALLAWAY X 22 TOUR IRONS 4-PW. THE CLUBS ARE STANDARD LENGTH AND LIE. THE CLUBS HAVE FACTORY INSTALLED RIFLE PROJECT X 6.0 SHAFTS AND CALLAWAY GRIPS. PLEASE SEE PHOTOS."

$529:

"This item up for bids is a BRAND NEW RIGHT HANDED SET OF CALLAWAY X 22 TOUR IRONS 4-PW. THE CLUBS ARE STANDARD LENGTH AND LIE. THE CLUBS HAVE FACTORY INSTALLED RIFLE PROJECT X 6.0 STIFF SHAFTS AND CALLAWAY GRIPS. PLEASE SEE PHOTOS."

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

The $529 ones say "stiff shaft" in the description.

Isn't the Project X 6.0 the type of shaft (Stiff)? My understanding that the 5.0, 5.5, 6.0 are the different shaft stiffness, so the way I'm reading it is that they are both the same item.

RocketSauce - I just looked at the clubs that Timtheputterman has and he has the same identical clubs, one for a price of 579.99 and the other for 529.99. They are both BuyItNow prices. What is the deal with that? Am I missing something or what?

it just looks to me like he lowered the price, but left the older auctions at $579. when he listed the new auctions, he started them at $529. all of his older auctions started at $579. the new auctions start at $529

Fair enough...

So what about the shaft type? I did the Shaft Fit and it said I should get the Dynamic Gold HL X100, which is an extra stiff shaft. I'm currently playing with a stiff shaft. This is it's explaination:

"Based upon your inputs it has been determined that you would benefit most from the stiffest shaft flex available. An extra stiff shaft will help stabilize the clubhead during the downswing and through the impact area for greater shot consistency."

Do these hold any water you think?

Fair enough...

i guess so (you're talking about shaftfit.com, correct?). i don’t know anything about your swing, but if that’s what you were fitted for, and you were honest with your answers, then yeah, play the stiffest shafts you can get. im no club fitter by any means though. just as a test i entered my #'s into shaftfit.com and it did come up with the correct shaft that i have been fitted for. if you want to be absolutely 100% certain, you should see a fitter in person though. but then again, if you are pretty sure about your swing and think an X shaft would be best, then go for it. if you've been hitting the stiff shafts fine, then stick with those.

One more question...how is howdyahearaboutit as a seller on ebay? Is he trustworthy? He has 7132 feedbacks with 99.8% Positive and a Power Seller.

that is actually one seller i have never done any business with, sorry. i gotta be honest though, EVERY one of the clubs he sells are some of THE most popular clubs that are being counterfeited right now. however, he guarantees the authenticity of the clubs, plus sellers who get caught for selling counterfeit clubs USUALLY get caught LONG before they reach 7000+ sales. so i cant give you a definite on him, sorry. maybe someone else can?

Thanks RocketSauce. I was honest in my answers. I use a stiff shaft right now, but I tend to have a very high trajectory and not a consistent accuracy (slices). I am planning on heading to Golfsmith here in a little bit and have them take a look at the swing speed along with my desired trajectory and such and see what they would recommend for me.

Thanks RocketSauce. I was honest in my answers. I use a stiff shaft right now, but I tend to have a very high trajectory and not a consistent accuracy (slices). I am planning on heading to Golfsmith here in a little bit and have them take a look at the swing speed along with my desired trajectory and such and see what they would recommend for me.

cool, good luck!

i bought some nice callaway fusion ws irons from ED's Back-9

1000 positive, no negatives..

fast shipping.. gave me serial #, in which I confirmed with callaway cs.. passes the magnet test ect.. good clubs nice price..

purchsased my Cameron from Timtheputterman

just boaught callaway driver and 3 wood from mike-ike, he is actually a authorized callaway dealer, and the clubs are being shipped directly from callaway

so that is 3 very solid ebayers..

OK, so here's what happened...I went to Golfsmith and started hitting some irons and now it's a toss up between the Pin S57 and the Callaway X-22 Tour, but here's the kicker. When I had gone there a couple weeks ago, they fitted me and my lie was standard. The guy gave me some tips in helping with my swing, so it would be so steep. My stance was fairly wide, so he recommended I narrow my stance to about shoulder width and point my back foot 10 degrees out to help with my turn on the backswing. I have been working on that for the past couple weeks and when I went it today, I got fitted for the lie again and this time I'm apparently 1 degree upright.

What's the deal with that? Could the advise he gave me really changed my swing like that?

• 1 year later...

Originally Posted by timastyle

Hi All,

So I'm interested in getting new clubs, specifically the X-22 tour irons. I wanted to post a thread, but being new to the forum, I am not yet allowed.

So here's my question...there are various ebay sellers selling these clubs from anywhere from $550-650. How can I tell they are legit before investing in them? Is there something I can do before putting in a bid to find out? Up until this thread, I was thinking I would ask for a picture of the serial number of the club I would get, but it appears as though this may not do the trick.

Any suggestions?

Also, another thing i wanted to ask is about the shaft that would best suit my game. I currently have the TM RAC OS and of course, looking to upgrade. I have a really have a high trajectory shot and play with a stiff shaft. I think I may benefit a little from a lower trajectory shot, specially when it gets windy (I am not that good to control my trajectory, but I am also planning on getting lessons soon to help me fine tune my game as I've been self taught from Day 1). Any insight on this would be appreciated.

There is a link on the callaway website under customer service for authorized online dealers.... you might start there.

Note: This thread is 4782 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!